Old Firefall players, please respond!

Jun 23, 2017
Netherlands
I can't be the only one that pops in here every few months to see if mates from Firefall have reported in yet. Ran into some old papers with team compo ideas yesterday during attic cleaning, with what looks like friends' IGN's. No clue when it's from, but it's clearly Firefall from the abilities listed. Time really does fly by sometimes LOL

Jun 23, 2017
Netherlands
I still have Firefall listed in my Steam library, and refuse to remove it.
Same for me, Ghost In The Shell too. I really miss that game, it was soooo close to awesome. If you never had a chance to play it, it was basically Valorant, but with some of the most satisfying sound design I've ever heard in a videogame (yes I used the V word, I'm an old fart), amazing gameplay and mechanics, and of course set in the world of Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex. You really FELT like you were the character you were playing, it was that seamless. Firefall had this as well, even though it lacked the backstory of a full manga, series, and animé. I reeeeeeeally hope E8 is going to have this same immersion.

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Where do I know this from?
Not claiming I'm the only one who thought of the saying, but I have not heard it anywhere before.

Same for me, Ghost In The Shell too. I really miss that game, it was soooo close to awesome. If you never had a chance to play it, it was basically Valorant, but with some of the most satisfying sound design I've ever heard in a videogame (yes I used the V word, I'm an old fart), amazing gameplay and mechanics, and of course set in the world of Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex. You really FELT like you were the character you were playing, it was that seamless. Firefall had this as well, even though it lacked the backstory of a full manga, series, and animé. I reeeeeeeally hope E8 is going to have this same immersion.

Agreed! I sucked at the game but I loved it for the G.i.t.s. environment. Tried to get my wife to watch it. She doesn't like the deep thinking anime.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I can't wait to see what they will produce in the next few weeks/months.
We too, there so much talk of space trucks the next i imagine is transforming meks into cassette tapes and turn into super boombox mek and all other kind of transforming meks like a Raptor tank mek that fires pilots out of it to launch into the sky as they become Reaper Projectile and break into the sky pirates Space ship!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa rubs my hands together

Jan 5, 2021
I really miss Firefall! It was so disappointing that Red5 couldn't get it together. FF was fantastic. I started playing at PAX East in 2013(?) and then at home later that day. I really enjoyed watching the game world develop and change. I loved the crafting and having to mine for the minerals that I needed. Playing the Bastion before it got fatally nerfed meant I could solo a large thumper fairly easily. I miss those days. The game world itself was very cool, I loved the ship designs, just the whole esthetic was cool. I'm waiting to see what Em8er will become before I'll jump in.

Dec 22, 2019
I alpha'd Firefall and even got the $100 founders pack with the hat and art print (framed and still on my wall to this day) and I miss it so much... I've considered getting into EMBER, but, honestly, after them shutting FIREFALL down after I put so much time and RL money into it, I'm hesitant...

Jul 20, 2020
Hi guys. Old Firefall thumper fart here..... Still got the FF poster :)
would love to experience somthing like firefall again, but for now all i see from this game is cosmetic sales going through the roof...... I save my money till we have a real game this time... hope to see you in there.... keeping my hopes low tho..