Not fond of the name of the alien species

TankHunter678

Jul 26, 2016
Most of the names sounds no different than tsihu.
Mark did mention about us giving them a "colorful" name. Like many still calling germans nazi, or the german referring American as "Ami". I'll vote for "tissue"
(god dammit, who left these tissues all over the place?)
Back in WW2 Germans (iirc) referred to americans as Yanks/Yankee (actually most everyone called the Americans that). Germans were often times referred to as Jerry, Krautz, Fritz, Heinies, depending on the nation fighting them and the time period during the war.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
Back in WW2 Germans (iirc) referred to americans as Yanks/Yankee (actually most everyone called the Americans that). Germans were often times referred to as Jerry, Krautz, Fritz, Heinies, depending on the nation fighting them and the time period during the war.
Dude, it's 2016, time changes

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
Different name plz, want gonna say anything about the name originally but it seems that the topic got brought up :p

Jul 27, 2016
That's because they had clearly split community of mmo and shooter players, and they were taking advice from both, on important game mechanics. I was telling them from the very start that it will not work as the mindsets of those communities are pretty opposite. But they were so afraid to disappoint either one, they end up damaging the game.

Hence why I am asking for input for stuff that will not effect the game so much, like enemy names or character design. Such things can be easily picked by the community, while actually important mechanics should be done by professional designers.

Also I hate when people look to FireFall for examples on how to do things. That game got so much shit wrong in so many aspects that were successfully done by other developers before and after them, it's sad. If we will never do certain things only because they didn't work in FireFall, we might as well just shut down this project here now, because FireFall failed hard, and it had more resources than Ember probably ever will. heh.
This one is also comprised of MMO and shooter players.
We already saw a few people not want to play Ember because of mechs.

We're both correct here.

Aug 1, 2016
I know what I'm talking about, I'm an ami myself and been living in Germany for 20 years. Ami-land, ami-fan, ami-kind. It's shorter than saying American.
I asked some of my German friends, and they never heard of that kind of slang. So maybe these Germans you met made it up just for you?

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany