Fokyva
Vinavasu
Artiga

Vladplaya

Commander
Em-8er Contributor
Jul 27, 2016
USA
Nice effort and some of these are actually really cool and fun! Daawog? Alien gang slang for Dawg? 'Yo dawwog, wanna blast some humans tonight?' haha

Ya I would have preferred if naming of the bad guys would have been a community event/contest. I hope we will get a chance to be more involved and contribute in the creation of the game as time will go by.

Last edited:

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
Most of the names sounds no different than tsihu.
Mark did mention about us giving them a "colorful" name. Like many still calling germans nazi, or the german referring American as "Ami". I'll vote for "tissue"
(god dammit, who left these tissues all over the place?)

Aug 1, 2016
Most of the names sounds no different than tsihu.
Mark did mention about us giving them a "colorful" name. Like many still calling germans nazi, or the german referring American as "Ami". I'll vote for "tissue"
(god dammit, who left these tissues all over the place?)
... What are you talking about? Germans don't refer to Americans as Ami's.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
We're going to have an event where people can submit ideas for the "human" name for the Tsihu. Note the the Tsihu name is closely linked to their language, which is an authentic and completely language constructed by a linguist on the team, @Nojah on Discord. You can even learn to speak this language, if you wish. We'll have a post about it later.

Jul 26, 2016
Be glad its tsihu and not tshi..

Tshi is Chinese for 'Disappointed in the cooking of the duck meat'

On second thought lets call them tshi. This way we ensure no one will try to make this game to cater the Chinese market.

We all know what happens with those games.

Last edited:

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
We're going to have an event where people can submit ideas for the "human" name for the Tsihu. Note the the Tsihu name is closely linked to their language, which is an authentic and completely language constructed by a linguist on the team, @Nojah on Discord. You can even learn to speak this language, if you wish. We'll have a post about it later.
oh that's cool.

edit: when's the event?

Last edited:

Vladplaya

Commander
Em-8er Contributor
Jul 27, 2016
USA
Good luck with that then ;)
If all the people on this community have an idea of their own and all want their name being picked yeah can't see that going anywhere.
Ha, you sound like game developers have never before been able to successfully get an input from a community. You can't argue with the majority in polls. People here are intelligent enough to understand that there is only a chance that their input will be considered, which is perfectly fine, it's impossible to keep everyone happy and we all know it. I think the most important part of something like that is to show community that their input can count and they actually are able to contribute, even if it's something minor.

Jul 27, 2016
Ha, you sound like game developers have never before been able to successfully get an input from a community. You can't argue with the majority in polls. People here are intelligent enough to understand that there is only a chance that their input will be considered, which is perfectly fine, it's impossible to keep everyone happy and we all know it. I think the most important part of something like that is to show community that their input can count and they actually are able to contribute, even if it's something minor.
Just saying, it didn't work on firefall. Everyone wanted a million different things for that game and there was constant reworks because poor little Billy didn't get his idea implemented, and then he took to the forums to scream about how he wasn't listened to, lmfao.. I remember a glassdoor review from an ex-dev: "stop listening to your players so much and just make the damn game" (obviously paraphrased for emphasis, you get the point)

bengal

Death Reaper
Jul 27, 2016
Personally having the language I think is a great idea, just like klingon language of star trec, but in the game there could be events where you would need to break the code so to speak. a conversation Overheard leads to an event to accomplish something

Vladplaya

Commander
Em-8er Contributor
Jul 27, 2016
USA
Just saying, it didn't work on firefall. Everyone wanted a million different things for that game and there was constant reworks because poor little Billy didn't get his idea implemented, and then he took to the forums to scream about how he wasn't listend to, lmfao.. I remember a glassdoor review from an ex-dev: "stop listening to your players so much and just make the damn game"
That's because they had clearly split community of mmo and shooter players, and they were taking advice from both, on important game mechanics. I was telling them from the very start that it will not work as the mindsets of those communities are pretty opposite. But they were so afraid to disappoint either one, they end up damaging the game.

Hence why I am asking for input for stuff that will not effect the game so much, like enemy names or character design. Such things can be easily picked by the community, while actually important mechanics should be done by professional designers.

Also I hate when people look to FireFall for examples on how to do things. That game got so much shit wrong in so many aspects that were successfully done by other developers before and after them, it's sad. If we will never do certain things only because they didn't work in FireFall, we might as well just shut down this project here now, because FireFall failed hard, and it had more resources than Ember probably ever will. heh.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2016
As long as it's not SHIH-TZU.

Refer to this thread for an explanation.

Jul 27, 2016
Nixyda
Advuta
Tudaxi
Mosi
Joresi
Oraxobolo
Daawog
Bysaax?
Getakyza
Daubra
Pinumy
Avavxi
Junami
Toowuz
Ralifaaz
Luzode
Xibato
Piloca
Evtabaug
Zomaru
Safabi
Veebgy/veegby?
Taek
Hyfi
Badesu/badeshu?
Houn(taken?)
Bosi
Haidex
Qafuni
Ervetu
Asalaga
Qaas
Zoepxa?
Necyme
Pazyenar
Ispi
Dacyti
Islyxi
Vapiod
Kugy
Tamazo
Jymadu
Tidaar
Nykigi
Damoge
Mysutu
Lyuxhi
Fokyva
Vinavasu
Artiga
Make me think of this.

Hope I didn't offend you.

Here are some of mine:

Rackshi
Khazaar
Inaza
bayrik
raphage
vatakao
Kirga
Laynimos
zox
yefragea
zozaria
klerfi

I feel weird for making this. :confused:

Jul 26, 2016
that's great!
I loved the murals and that weird stone hand in Firefall.
Even though the murals seemed to give the impression...
... it's almost as if some dude told the world designers to put a bunch of cave paintings up and when they asked him how it should look, he said, "I dunno. That's not my job!"

But to see alien language that can be deciphered to reveal lore or game secrets or mundane tasks is far better.