NightStroke's Sketchbook

NightStroke

Base Commander
Base Commander
Jul 26, 2016
IMG_1305.JPG
IMG_1722.JPG
Newest art!

Whenever I get excited about a game and the ideas behind it, I usually draw stuff from either concept or notion. My first entry is my design of the omniframe, based on Kern's description of the mini-mech that Kern describes it as in the discord channel.
IMG_1201.JPG
The idea is that the omniframe is similar to Shirow Masamune's mecha designs. I probably made mine too tall but I didn't want the pilot's legs showing(seemed odd to me), so I designed the thighs such that an entire human leg could fit. Also I still don't really know what the art style of ember is so that's why it may look kinda firefall-esque

Last edited:
P

PCMasterReece

I mean if that was in the game I'd certainly love it, That picture is really, really good.

Do you sketch often or only when it comes to a new game that you want to play?

NightStroke

Base Commander
Base Commander
Jul 26, 2016
I mean if that was in the game I'd certainly love it, That picture is really, really good.

Do you sketch often or only when it comes to a new game that you want to play?
Mood-based, really. Usually I draw out of inspiration(e.g. when BvS came out I was drawing batman everywhere) but I doodle often, in school notebooks and stuff.

P

PCMasterReece

Mood-based, really. Usually I draw out of inspiration(e.g. when BvS came out I was drawing batman everywhere) but I doodle often, in school notebooks and stuff.
Not going to lie, it's really nice. I would love to see more of your doodles, I don't know if you have a Deviant Art or something like to view them

NightStroke

Base Commander
Base Commander
Jul 26, 2016
Not going to lie, it's really nice. I would love to see more of your doodles, I don't know if you have a Deviant Art or something like to view them
This is the first sketch I have uploaded to anything :p. The only other thing I have uploaded(to discord) were designs for movement gear.

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
This is the first sketch I have uploaded to anything :p. The only other thing I have uploaded(to discord) were designs for movement gear.
Oh? Can you post that here as well?

NightStroke

Base Commander
Base Commander
Jul 26, 2016
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
Oh? Can you post that here as well?
You asked.
It's not as good in quality or in art-style as my first post. Those were quick drawings to visualize what the core movement abilities/styles I'd like to see. Also this was from early July so I assumed the omniframe would simply be an exosuit, not a mini-mech as it is in the first post.

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Neat ideas especially like the grappling shoulder cannon reminds me of bionic commando but on the shoulder :p

An idea Ejector pod or seat that can be activated just before the mech blows up
otherwise pilot is vaporized :eek:

NightStroke

Base Commander
Base Commander
Jul 26, 2016
Omniframe art is out! It has a LOT of details that would take a while to replicate with pencil and paper, so I will probably start off piece by piece, designing different heads and arms and stuff, before drawing a full mech. Once I have that done, I will try to design stuff into which the whole mech can sit/attach for flight, vehicular ground movement, underwater movement, etc.(e.g. a giant attachment that mounts on the mech)

NightStroke

Base Commander
Base Commander
Jul 26, 2016
Might as well update this with whatever art I'm doing related to Ember.

I made an edit of the omnimek such that is has more lighted textures(and consequently looks cooler in the dark, like firefall frames did)

Here is my current/most updated edit(Purposefully darker image to accentuate the lights)
omnimek without shell, light edit2 darkness.png