NightStroke's Sketchbook

Discussion in 'Fan art, Fanfic, and other Fan creations!' started by NightStroke, Aug 2, 2016.

1. NightStroke

NightStroke Active Member

IMG_1305.JPG
    IMG_1722.JPG
    Newest art!

Whenever I get excited about a game and the ideas behind it, I usually draw stuff from either concept or notion. My first entry is my design of the omniframe, based on Kern's description of the mini-mech that Kern describes it as in the discord channel.
    IMG_1201.JPG
    The idea is that the omniframe is similar to Shirow Masamune's mecha designs. I probably made mine too tall but I didn't want the pilot's legs showing(seemed odd to me), so I designed the thighs such that an entire human leg could fit. Also I still don't really know what the art style of ember is so that's why it may look kinda firefall-esque

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  2. Ronyn

Ronyn DEEPSTRIKER Community Manager

Pretty darn cool

Phyrak, NightStroke and Fryepod like this.
  3. Fryepod

Fryepod Active Member

4. I mean if that was in the game I'd certainly love it, That picture is really, really good.

Do you sketch often or only when it comes to a new game that you want to play?

Papa Franku and Fryepod like this.
  5. NightStroke

Mood-based, really. Usually I draw out of inspiration(e.g. when BvS came out I was drawing batman everywhere) but I doodle often, in school notebooks and stuff.

Phyrak and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Pandagnome

Pandagnome Well-Known Member

looking forward to the next inspirational doodles :cool:

NightStroke likes this.
  7. Not going to lie, it's really nice. I would love to see more of your doodles, I don't know if you have a Deviant Art or something like to view them

8. NightStroke

This is the first sketch I have uploaded to anything :p. The only other thing I have uploaded(to discord) were designs for movement gear.

PCMasterReece likes this.
  9. Ronyn

Ronyn DEEPSTRIKER Community Manager

Oh? Can you post that here as well?

10. NightStroke

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    You asked.
    It's not as good in quality or in art-style as my first post. Those were quick drawings to visualize what the core movement abilities/styles I'd like to see. Also this was from early July so I assumed the omniframe would simply be an exosuit, not a mini-mech as it is in the first post.

11. Pandagnome

Pandagnome Well-Known Member

Neat ideas especially like the grappling shoulder cannon reminds me of bionic commando but on the shoulder :p

An idea Ejector pod or seat that can be activated just before the mech blows up
    otherwise pilot is vaporized :eek:

12. NightStroke

Omniframe art is out! It has a LOT of details that would take a while to replicate with pencil and paper, so I will probably start off piece by piece, designing different heads and arms and stuff, before drawing a full mech. Once I have that done, I will try to design stuff into which the whole mech can sit/attach for flight, vehicular ground movement, underwater movement, etc.(e.g. a giant attachment that mounts on the mech)

Beerdog6 and Pandagnome like this.
  13. Beerdog6

Beerdog6 Gatestrider

Looks like you were on the right track. Can't wait to see it

14. NightStroke

image.jpeg
    Drew some alternate versions of the meka head! Give me some suggestions on different styles you want to see, or which designs you like and I will try to make a full meka in that style

15. NightStroke

image.jpeg
    Quick Tikimek sketch I made on a hotel notepad. Enjoy!

Fabricio21RJ, Ronyn and OziriusSVK like this.
  16. Joe Solo

Joe Solo Well-Known Member Ember Dev

Tiki mask version is awesome haha

17. DARKB1KE

DARKB1KE Well-Known Member

Soaring afterburner confirmed. Spotted it in the art writing!

18. AODSpagex

AODSpagex New Member

that's talent, right there :)

19. NightStroke

Might as well update this with whatever art I'm doing related to Ember.

I made an edit of the omnimek such that is has more lighted textures(and consequently looks cooler in the dark, like firefall frames did)

Here is my current/most updated edit(Purposefully darker image to accentuate the lights)
    omnimek without shell, light edit2 darkness.png

Fabricio21RJ likes this.
  20. NightStroke

Tsihumek.png
    Have a crappy edit of a Tsihumek!

Fabricio21RJ likes this.