New website is flame sauce.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Hello, I'm noting all feedback. I'll ask for it again when we revisit the site. For right now, our small team is pivoting to animating the THMPR and getting it into Unreal Engine. We won't be working on the site or logo for some time except to post updates.

But please keep those notes handy for when we do get back to the site and the logo!

Nov 12, 2016
The V is a good idea @Luna12, however while some of the letters are in fact round, I don't think that is the general style of the font. I was looking at something more like this:

Copied from @NanoTechnician
The fat & skinny E are better. I really like that. But the M still doesn't feel right.
Yeah, the E looks better like that (especially also the smaller Es in 'massive planetary warfare') but the M is still a little off.
Maybe something like extending the middle line down again to restore the stylized effect, but something still feels a little off about it.

Logo_White_Black_MashupVer3.png

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
Yeah, the E looks better like that (especially also the smaller Es in 'massive planetary warfare') but the M is still a little off.
Maybe something like extending the middle line down again to restore the stylized effect, but something still feels a little off about it.

View attachment 506
Perhaps remove the "arrow" from the M and use the original M. But, make the middle line half long as the longer one and put it on the top instead on the bottom. and maybe try to make the the lower end of the middle line pointy.

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Hello, I'm noting all feedback. I'll ask for it again when we revisit the site. For right now, our small team is pivoting to animating the THMPR and getting it into Unreal Engine. We won't be working on the site or logo for some time except to post updates.

But please keep those notes handy for when we do get back to the site and the logo!
I didn't figure you were going to rush out and change the logo simply because a few of us thought it might look better another way, but it is really nice to know that you are watching :)

View attachment 506
I actually updated my post 3 times as I tinkered with the M, what you have there is my second attempt. Honestly I don't really like either of them, but the goal was to make the M look more like the one in "MASSIVELY".

Perhaps remove the "arrow" from the M and use the original M. But, make the middle line half long as the longer one and put it on the top instead on the bottom. and maybe try to make the the lower end of the middle line pointy.
Tried that, it looked really weird. I have another idea for the big "EM" that I want to try when I get back to work tomorrow. Will post it then.

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
M1.png M2.png

Work was busy so I didn't get to mess with this much, I tried putting a thin edge on the top to see if that changed anything. I also noticed that the logo uses an period when it should be using a dash? EM-8ER right?

Logo_White_Black_MashupVer.png
(click to expand)

Dec 6, 2016
I like the logo as-is, and the one @Luna12 posted. Luna's looks cleaner, but I think the nature of the original is to be striking, hard to read, and thusly you pay more attention to the details of the item being observed. I can see why it is the way it is, but @Luna12 did a good "clean up" on it.

Along the lines of PvP, I've longed for a more MOBA-esque Firefall. More similar to Smite though. (I've ever only played Faufau in 3rd person, and it seems to support that play-style well enough). If-and-when the Firefall servers go down, I may have to find some programmer friends and try making/operating a arena-esque private server using Faufau. But then, maybe that's a future format EM.8er could look in to..?

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
I like the logo as-is, and the one @Luna12 posted. Luna's looks cleaner, but I think the nature of the original is to be striking, hard to read, and thusly you pay more attention to the details of the item being observed. I can see why it is the way it is, but @Luna12 did a good "clean up" on it.

Along the lines of PvP, I've longed for a more MOBA-esque Firefall. More similar to Smite though. (I've ever only played Faufau in 3rd person, and it seems to support that play-style well enough). If-and-when the Firefall servers go down, I may have to find some programmer friends and try making/operating a arena-esque private server using Faufau. But then, maybe that's a future format EM.8er could look in to..?
that's, like, the exact opposite of the intention of Ember...

Ember:

PvE
Open World
Unlimited Players

MOBA:

PVP
Arena
Limited number of players