New website is flame sauce.

Fryepod

Jul 26, 2016
Hudson Valley, NY
Looks great through Chrome on windows 10. No stuttering or buffering. The layering is super smooth, overall i think a good look for what EM8ber wants to be.

-Wanna catch eyes? Gotta look flashy.

Keep up the work, even though PvP is out of the question i still yearn for that firefall feeling of the world at your hands.... through the barrel of a gun.

o7

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
Keep up the work, even though PvP is out of the question i still yearn for that firefall feeling of the world at your hands.... through the barrel of a gun.
o7
@Fryepod They will probably add pvp once more people will be asking for it, which will happen.
Hi there guys. I'm very glad you like the web site. I like it too!

I'd like to address the PVP request really quick to make sure everyone's expectations are in the right place. We are very aware of the common want for PVP. It's been loud and clear and we appreciate that folks let us know. To not mince words let me say plainly, more people asking for pvp isn't what is going to get us to the point where we can add pvp.

The internal choice for no PVP in Em-8er is not because we don't want it, it's because we must have a laser focus in order to get the game made. This is a matter of setting realistic goals that can be achieved with the money and work hours we are likely able to pull together. We aren't looking to promise or even hint at any more than we can actually deliver. So we are keeping things within a scope we can manage. That in mind, if and when someday, after the core PVE experience is out, financially successful, and we get to a certain hefty surplus of funds... We can then consider doing PVP if it makes sense for the game at the time. For now and for the foreseeable future, we are keeping our complete attention on PVE.

Hopefully you'll find as much enjoyment in the pve experience as I expect to myself. It's going to be pretty freaking sweet if you ask me.

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Jul 26, 2016
You're a volunteer, stop spreading misinformation if you're gonna have that label, shouldn't you have more information than most regular members?
The "Ember Volunteer" badge indicates that the person has made a suggestion that the Ember team went with. It is our way of saying thanks, and letting the rest of the community know that the person gave us a cool idea.
If the title implies anything other than that we may have to consider re-wording the badge.

Jul 27, 2016
The "Ember Volunteer" badge indicates that the person has made a suggestion that the Ember team went with. It is our way of saying thanks, and letting the rest of the community know that the person gave us a cool idea.
If the title implies anything other than that we may have to consider re-wording the badge.
I think Contributor sounds a bit more accurate.
Volunteer (to me at least) implies time spent working on the game, donating time to the cause.

Vladplaya

Commander
Em-8er Contributor
Jul 27, 2016
USA
Hey thanks for the explanation @Ronyn , I surely will enjoy PvE as I did in FireFall, which was great and I am looking forward to the same experience here. That said, the thing that really worries me about adding PvP to the game later, is that it would be harder to implement with many other systems already in place, but we will cross that bridge when we get there, I am sure you guys will figure it out.

And it is not unusual to see @DARKB1KE trying take a shot at me here, but I actually agree with him on the naming of the tag "Contributor", as "Volunteer" sounds like a unofficial moderator.
Also I am not sure if you have a active form developer, or it was one time purchase, but it would probably help if when you clicked on the tag it would take you to a page that shows you all the tags (and maybe titles?) with explanations for each? Just an idea, not sure if this had been suggested before.

Edit: well it seems like things got changed while I was typing this on my phone haha

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Jul 26, 2016
Hey thanks for the explanation @Ronyn , I surely will enjoy PvE as I did in FireFall, which was great and I am looking forward to the same experience here. That said, the thing that really worries me about adding PvP to the game later, is that it would be harder to implement with many other systems already in place, but we will cross that bridge when we get there, I am sure you guys will figure it out.
I understand the concern there. If we do PVP, it will be it's own beast in many ways. The abilities, weapons, loadouts, etc... are likely to be re-designed and re-balanced for a pvp specific modes. The goal would be to keep the needs of pvp and pve separate so each one gets the attention it deserves.

I actually agree with him on the naming of the tag "Contributor", as "Volunteer" sounds like a unofficial moderator.
Also I am not sure if you have a active form developer, or it was one time purchase, but it would probably help if when you clicked on the tag it would take you to a page that shows you all the tags (and maybe titles?) with explanations for each? Just an idea, not sure if this had been suggested before.
Hmmm. That is an interesting idea.

POE

Firstclaimer
Omega Founder
Sep 24, 2016
How about dueling people instead? Kind of like a small scale pvp instead of going all out on a zone for it.

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
I understand the concern there. If we do PVP, it will be it's own beast in many ways. The abilities, weapons, loadouts, etc... are likely to be re-designed and re-balanced for a pvp specific modes. The goal would be to keep the needs of pvp and pve separate so each one gets the attention it deserves.
My recommendation..."Reapers"...Em-8ER's version of Paladins...5v5 PvP stand alone game that capitalizes on the greatness that will be the PvE version. Or something similar but much better...lol.

Aug 14, 2016
Why not a PvXvP sport. 2 teams and their thumper are told to harvest the resources within a given area, the team with the most resources at the end wins. The think is monsters and other enemies show up as the game goes on to the point where bosses start to show up near the end. Because the goal is to gather resources and not kill the other players, doing so doesn't really help your team win as the most time you spend trying to kill other players the less you are using to find more resources and protecting the thumper. A sport like this can be used to help train people to better get resources and to protect the thumper for also adding an element of competition where the top players in things like most resources gathered and best thumper defender get added to a leader board.

Jul 26, 2016
Why not a PvXvP sport. 2 teams and their thumper are told to harvest the resources within a given area, the team with the most resources at the end wins. The think is monsters and other enemies show up as the game goes on to the point where bosses start to show up near the end. Because the goal is to gather resources and not kill the other players, doing so doesn't really help your team win as the most time you spend trying to kill other players the less you are using to find more resources and protecting the thumper. A sport like this can be used to help train people to better get resources and to protect the thumper for also adding an element of competition where the top players in things like most resources gathered and best thumper defender get added to a leader board.
and the winnings is the total of both teams.
Team 1 , dug up 10 resources
Team 2 , dug up 11 resources.
Team 2 wins and get 20 resources while Team 1 gets 1 resource.
That would make it a bit more interesting than just getting a spot on a leaderboard.

Or Perhaps make it so that teams can make bets against each other based on their potential gains for the thmped event.

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
OP just as a suggestion, don't combine two subjects into a single topic. The title and first sentence of your OP is about the website, and after that is about PvP, two completely separate things. Now half the posts are about the website and half are about PvP.

I don't care about PvP, but I wanted to comment on the logo.

To me it is rather cool, but kinda hard to read. Part of the problem might lie in the fact that there are 3 unique but similar fonts being used. Just as a recommendation I'd stick with one. The E's are a bit hard on the eyes. Perhaps in EM.8ER make the M and R like the lower text, in Massive Planetary Warfare make the E's like in EM.8ER.

Also the V in Massive is a bit difficult, in fact when I first saw it I thought the I and V were an N until I looked closer.

Nov 12, 2016
To me it is rather cool, but kinda hard to read. Part of the problem might lie in the fact that there are 3 unique but similar fonts being used. Just as a recommendation I'd stick with one. The E's are a bit hard on the eyes. Perhaps in EM.8ER make the M and R like the lower text, in Massive Planetary Warfare make the E's like in EM.8ER.

Also the V in Massive is a bit difficult, in fact when I first saw it I thought the I and V were an N until I looked closer.
Maybe something more like this to make the E and M (and v) easier to read:
Logo_White_Black_MashupVer2.png