Status
Not open for further replies.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Hello everyone.

I wanted to give you a quick update on the new website. Originally we had wanted to deploy this today, Wednesday, Nov 2. However, the site is not quite done yet. I'm working with a new framework that is much better than the old site, but its taken me more time to get used to its quirks than I planned.

At the same time, I also have a lightbulb go off this morning about how to handle Em-8ER's metagame in a very elegant fashion. I think I will be able to combine terraforming, community goals, individual goals, resources, invasions and progression in a very simple and elegant way.

I'm pretty excited about the simplicity of the idea and how well I think it could work. I wanted to spend some extra time developing it and making it a part of the new site. It should not take long, as the idea is very simple to explain, which is why I like it so much.

I don't yet have an ETA on the site, but I just transferred over all the old blog posts and am reformatting them now. Then I need to write the new post on the progress of the in-game THMPR model, which is looking very sweet (thanks, Joe!).

I'll keep you posted on a daily basis and let you know when we are close. Thank you!

Yappy0

Commander
Sep 17, 2016
I am curious as to how long it takes to get a finished product. I know nothing of the development of a computer video game and am curious as to what the course is on how it's done. May be if I have that understanding I will know what it takes to do it.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
GOGO POWER GRUMMZER.

*pushes @Faeryl aside* BOOM, I'LL HANDLE @Yappy0 FOR YA.

LIKE ANY OTHER GAMES. IT CAN TAKE 2-5 YEARS. EVEN THOSE DAMN TRIPLE-A LOSER NEEDS TONS OF YEARS FOR CRAP.
GRUMMZ ALSO WANT A PLAYABLE VERSION RELEASED AS POSSIBLE.
I IMAGINE AROUND END 2017 AND MID 2018. DEPENDS HOW WELL THE KICKSTARTER GO ALONG.

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
Hello everyone.

I wanted to give you a quick update on the new website. Originally we had wanted to deploy this today, Wednesday, Nov 2. However, the site is not quite done yet. I'm working with a new framework that is much better than the old site, but its taken me more time to get used to its quirks than I planned.

At the same time, I also have a lightbulb go off this morning about how to handle Em-8ER's metagame in a very elegant fashion. I think I will be able to combine terraforming, community goals, individual goals, resources, invasions and progression in a very simple and elegant way.

I'm pretty excited about the simplicity of the idea and how well I think it could work. I wanted to spend some extra time developing it and making it a part of the new site. It should not take long, as the idea is very simple to explain, which is why I like it so much.

I don't yet have an ETA on the site, but I just transferred over all the old blog posts and am reformatting them now. Then I need to write the new post on the progress of the in-game THMPR model, which is looking very sweet (thanks, Joe!).

I'll keep you posted on a daily basis and let you know when we are close. Thank you!
I love lightbulbs.

Aug 11, 2016
I am sorry but why are we not getting any update on the actual game. Anytime I come to this forum, i only see news for websites, forum, dev trackers. etc. How is the game developement going?, do you have people working with you? seems you are the only one working on this game and it looks like you concentrate much on the websites than the game.

I am sorry but why are we not getting any update on the actual game. Anytime I come to this forum, i only see news for websites, forum, dev trackers. etc. How is the game developement going?, do you have people working with you? seems you are the only one working on this game and it looks like you concentrate much on the websites than the game.
There are quite some ppl working with him, Joey (our elite-modeller :D), Warren Louw (http://crixa.io/2016/09/update-warren-louw-joins-em-8er-team/) and some more. xD
And the game is still in the planning phase... we probably will see the in one or two years... its still a long path to the game...

Maven

Kaiju Slayer
Max Kahuna
Philanthropist
Jul 26, 2016
Do remember that this game is not funded by large investors or backed by a massive fund pool, instead by a small community that has shown interest in the game. As things stand, the game is being worked on by Grummz and a few part time ex-red5 devs. And it will likely continue in that manner until the first playable demo is released. Hence, do expect progress to be slow. Since all the funds come from the community, there is little leeway for trial and error.

Once the playable demo is done, is when we will have something to show to the public and launch the kickstarter for the game. Depending on how successful the kickstarter is, Grummz will be able to bring more people on board the team, and establish a proper team working full time on the game.

As of date, assets for the game are being created, with the thumper mek having been completed. The latest updates for the game can be found here: http://crixa.io/2016/10/happy-halloween-update/

Forum thread: https://forums.emberthegame.com/thr...-customization-and-moving-to-new-website.589/

The current website for the game is no more than a blog. It only makes sense that a proper dedicated website be set up for the game. Though it did come as a surprise tbh. Makes a world of difference when you are directing someone outside the community to the game.

Think of all the forum, website, dev tracker stuff as setting the foundations.

There's a long way to go before something substantial comes of all this. Gonna have to be patient.

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
The dedicated website announcements (a welcomed one too) will be another foundation piece in place for community communication and other improvements which also serves to show how stable this project is. The art concepts that have been shown are an advancement to the project. The streams for the modeling are live updates for the game! all this is less than two weeks old. Kinda lost on your question.

Xeevis

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Forum Tech
Jul 26, 2016
www.emberbot.com
The irony of your post. Yes there is a lot happening around the game, but that Information is scattered and not easy to find and that's why we need a proper website! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.