NEW! Free Founder Dropships plus Newcomer Backer Packs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Another thing was wondering what if there are options for bigger/group dropship to carry friends and all drop at once together

I like the way it opens its wings & hope it can do barrel rolls!

Jun 22, 2017
Yes, the original founder GeeSuit looks like this:

View attachment 2357

The V2 Geesuit in these new packs looks like this:

View attachment 2358
This is the Glowly Chroma version at higher tiers on new packs.

Carbon fiber black on black Omniframes (not Geesuit, we're talking frames at this point of the question) IN THIS PATTERN is unique to this round. In the future there might be other styles and patterns that use carbon fiber.
@Grummz
Is there a way to upgrade to the v2 GeeSuit as M3 Backer? If not, will be there in the future a pledge-shop to buy it additionally as previous backer?

Maven

Kaiju Slayer
Max Kahuna
Philanthropist
Jul 26, 2016
@Grummz
Is there a way to upgrade to the v2 GeeSuit as M3 Backer? If not, will be there in the future a pledge-shop to buy it additionally as previous backer?
There currently is no way to upgrade across independent milestones.

As for a pledge-shop, the concept is a bit iffy, since allowing folks to pick and choose items they want from separate milestone programs ruins the exclusive nature of the rewards. It's also a slippery slope in that for every M1 backer wanting to buy a specific item from the M3 milestone, there will be an M3 backer demanding an item from the M1 milestone. That'd be quite unfair to the backers who invested into the game at a stage when the risk of failure was greater.

Though, Grummz did mention add-ons coming later, a bunch of items that can be bought individually as opposed to a pack. However, the rewards from the milestones will likely not be offered.

Last edited:

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
Job search sites do these things already but with google providing it in their search and map!
people will eventually just ask google everything and parents will be replaced by googlemoms and googlepaps :O

What does he mean "gonna" they already HAVE taken over ... Most people just haven't noticed, yet. o_O

Dreamin

Base Commander
Base Commander
Dec 4, 2016
PNW
My mind actually didn't go to Oilspill first, went to Star Craft with quotes from those dropships. And ooooh yes that would be sweetness! Love the art.

Grummz, would there be a way to set dropship heights differently based on a detection of activity? Thinking of how you mentioned performance issues during an invasion, so a higher altitude makes sense, but during thumping, have a setting for them to fly lower? Just thinking of optimum ways to enjoy all Em-8er has to show off in style!
Earlier versions of FF had that "feature" except they would avoid flying into hostile area, you would get stuck going the long way from ThumpDump2SunkenHardbor because an outpost outside Copa was under attack. Back then is when then instantly deployable glider wings came in handy, riding drop ship as close as possible then jumping out and gliding into the battle zone. Was pretty cool back then.

@New Backer Packs;

Part of me is all for getting more support on board, I really would like to see this venture come to release. Hence my own contributions.

The other part of me just stopped and asked;
Is this the second money grab outside the late progress of the last milestone?
Will there be another money grab before the kick starter?
Is this going to end up like all the other "special founder opportunities" I have participated in that were broken and never fixed others never even release?
Ect. ...
M.K. .... hmm.

Vacillating ,

Despair

Death Reaper
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Germany
www.jardras.de
I can wait for all the eye candy stuff promised in the milestones.
What's important is the core of the game. I want to play it. It has to be fun.
I believe in Mark's ability to learn from certain, undefined projects (*cough* Mighty No. 9, No Mans Sky *cough*) and their mistakes.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Earlier versions of FF had that "feature" except they would avoid flying into hostile area, you would get stuck going the long way from ThumpDump2SunkenHardbor because an outpost outside Copa was under attack. Back then is when then instantly deployable glider wings came in handy, riding drop ship as close as possible then jumping out and gliding into the battle zone. Was pretty cool back then.

@New Backer Packs;

Part of me is all for getting more support on board, I really would like to see this venture come to release. Hence my own contributions.
That does sound very cool to swoop past enemies and join up with the team mates! its slowly building if em8er was a character i'd imagine it to be a rock climber climbing a very big mountain placing small flags the higher it goes up until it reaches the summit!

Its going to happen because we have some great minds working & personalities, an abundance of support and energy to bring em8er game a reality!

What's important is the core of the game. I want to play it. It has to be fun.
yes :cool:

ForsakenSymbiont

Archon
Base Commander
Jan 24, 2017
Germany, Berlin
To be completely honest with you, I don't like the idea of newcomer packs.
This is a personal issue as I was planning to save up for the Kickstarter.
This now means I'll have to decide whether to buy big now an nothing on ks or the other way around.
As I already am rank base commander there is little sense in buying a small pack now and a small one at ks.

So yeah... I like the designs and I can get why others want to get in on the backing fun.
But it has been said quite clearly that the m3 was the last chance before the kickstarter. At least when memory serves right.

I do hope this does not mean the ks rewards will be any less.

(after this it's just rambling)
What I don't understand is the decision to give away the v2 suits separately.
Again if memory serves right, those drawings where used quite early to show off what the design may look like. Now it's a separate suit I'd have to buy?

This feels a little bit like being the older sibling, getting to buy great stuff because you waited long enough and then the little brother gets his way because he whined long enough.

Now again. I really like the design! And I do appreciate it that more people want to help finance this endeavour, but I cannot say that I'm happy about it.

Maven

Kaiju Slayer
Max Kahuna
Philanthropist
Jul 26, 2016
As I already am rank base commander there is little sense in buying a small pack now and a small one at ks.
That would be the best way to go about it, unless you are absolutely hellbent on getting the chroma skin for the dropship/other cosmetics in the newcomer packs. You do get a founder dropship model for free. Also Grummz was quite particular in asserting that this is in no way directed at previous backers. It was set up only upon popular and quite repeated requests from those that missed out previously.

But it has been said quite clearly that the m3 was the last chance before the kickstarter. At least when memory serves right.
The M3 was the last funding milestone for the vertical slice. Originally the plan was to have another milestone for funding the vertical slice, but since the community overfunded M3, that was rendered unnecessary.

I do hope this does not mean the ks rewards will be any less.
I'm no authority on the matter, but that would make little sense for the kickstarter rewards to be any less valuable than the milestone rewards.

Again if memory serves right, those drawings where used quite early to show off what the design may look like. Now it's a separate suit I'd have to buy?
The V2 suits were presented as an alternate design. It would eventually have made its way into the cosmetic shop once the game went live. So technically, yeah, you would have to buy it anyway. In this case you get it as a reward in one of the packs.

Every milestone has its own little special reward. To be quite frank, no milestone matches up to M3 in terms of reward quality, variety and sheer value. The holo wings and bikes are unique to M3 and are not available to anyone else. And despite that, the founder dropship was made available free to all backers, which is quite generous in my opinion.

Last edited:

Dreamin

Base Commander
Base Commander
Dec 4, 2016
PNW
First, my reply here is more about the justification process, not the compassionate optimism behind it. Second, @Maven , thank you for your generous contributions and with all the respect I can offer, @ Max Kahuna your getting EVERYTHING including all the new items anyway without further contribution. Your outlook is much different than most others.

unless you are absolutely hellbent on getting the chroma skin for the dropship/other cosmetics in the newcomer packs. You do get a founder dropship model for free.
This just really keys in memories of getting screwed over on the accord emergency glider, its the way I (the players) felt back when Mark gave us that crap. I don't remember specific details anymore, but that scar is still there to fester. Handing out the base model is cool, but out shadowed immediately by the uniqueness of this one-time buy-in NOW only "opportunity".

this is in no way directed at previous backers.
No, Absolutely not, new money, new purchases only.

The M3 was the last funding milestone for the vertical slice. Originally the plan was to have another milestone for funding the vertical slice, but since the community overfunded M3, that was rendered unnecessary.
Obviously friggin not... since this is the second, not first, second time it is happening since M3, and if you look at the backer site, the new all original all unique packages are representative of a Milestone funding achievements rewards. This IS M5, there were just no milestone markers (or completions) for M4 (bike skin packages) or coming from this one, which is good I guess, since the M3 points have not yet been met.

I'm no authority on the matter, but that would make little sense for the (EDIT) any event (/EDIT) rewards to be any less valuable than the milestone rewards.
With that minor edit, do you see the folly in the statement? I leave it to ponder on.

The V2 suits were presented as an alternate design. It would eventually have made its way into the cosmetic shop once the game went live. So technically, yeah, you would have to buy it anyway. In this case you get it as a reward in one of the packs.
As long as it is just the pattern; that will be offered later in-game, and not a unique one-time only item.

Every milestone has its own little special reward. To be quite frank, no milestone matches up to M3 in terms of reward quality, variety and sheer value. The holo wings and bikes are unique to M3 and are not available to anyone else. And despite that, the founder dropship was made available free to all backers, which is quite generous in my opinion.
Generous? Keep the F'n drop ship for the kick starter and stop having these off purpose side funding campaigns that don't result game development action. Complete M3; then have another Milestone fund raiser before the kickstarter if necessary, the gimmick marketing tactic is see through and in my opinion appalling.

Last edited:

Terib.Shadow

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
Baal Secundus
A whole lot of stuff
It seems you may have missed the very first sentence in the Original post by Grummz :
"Newcomers to Em8ER have contacted us, wanting a chance to back early. So we've created these Newcomer Backer Packs and a brand new item in the game "

I can understand you'd think that's because the funds from M3 have ran out, which is absolutely not the case, with over 500% overfunding (so around 110K$ with a goal of 20K$), I can even say that with a slight bit of info gotten from a certain someone that the money is very much not needed to reach the kickstarter.

If you haven't been very active on the discord, I can also tell you people have been coming since M3, except every time, several times every week, we've had to tell them to wait for the kickstarter and to keep their money for later after they asked if there was any way they could back the game right now.

Considering the kickstarter is still quite a few months off, i guess this can be counted as a way to start it early, especially since this has no end in sight as of yet, unlike every other milestone (bikes included)

Oh and the bikes are a similar case, Grummz does want to make some goodies to remember the old for us ex Ares operatives, that's why we got the extra bike there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.