New Em-8er Build: Visual Overhaul! 7/7/2022 (Build v1.0 , v1.2, and v1.2.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Deepstrike descend as if it's unintentional, animation is bad, make it so the character is about to hammer the ground with both fists from above (Hulk landing).
Could the landing be different for the different mek types or have the option for different kinds of landing animation?

# NPC's without their own omniframe is very small, even if the player is in a medium one. Talking to an NPC not wearing an omniframe while the player is wearing a heavy frame could pressent a challenge. How will NPC interaction be solved?
What if the mek's could crouch down?

# Player camera is locked when scanning, instead it should be released so one can look around the character while its scanning.
Would be great to have that and lock it where the player would prefer when they want to.

# Replace the brown crack-sprites from skateboarding with skidmarks, and scar the terrain like a deepstrike does but much smaller trails which the skidmarks automatically gets placed in when aligned.
What if the effect changes with the upgrade/speed increase e.g
- Skateboarding = Subtle effects and heat trails
- Skateboarding down a bigger hill = Longer trail, debris flying etc
- Skateboarding with upgrades = Sparks and trail more intense different colour perhaps!

Why couldn't we have variation of light frames depending on look, and also how it could effect the pilot as an example

- Light frame MK-I geared towards ultra fast & agile movements with lower armor placed on the pilot
1658494872188.jpeg

- Light frame MK - II If the pilot decided to add reinforced attached points and add stronger armor sections, this gives your more options and converts MK-1 to MK-II
mk2.jpg

- Light frame MK-III improves on armor fully enclosing the pilot & slightly slower and better protection
think more halo looking style. This is when the pilot decided to put all armor for the full protection of the current exosuit converting MK-II to MK III

mk3.jpg

MK-I to MK-III is modular and can be switched back and forth, profiles would be handy for the particular frame type to easily switch to what they would prefer.

The way we want to play gives us more freedom as an example lets say i'd wanted to add a weapon firing stabilization mod to help with my aim what would this cost me an attachment point some energy etc

- One is that I'd like a milestone where we have a clean build to expand upon where old bugs are completely removed before new stuff gets added in, because I'd fear those would otherwise be irreversable and too baked in to be fixable.
I guess the process of bug checking and reporting is slowly going along as an example i am glad that changing the camera view to left or right side in 3rd person is fixed. Hopefully they will continue to fix more to make it super.

- Two is the look of the frames and how they feel while playing... We as players gonna pay a lot of money for skins, where the minority of the playerbase (us, the backers) will probably be the ones spending the most, and I feel like the skins gonna have more value if we get to see the skins more often. It's better that I express this concern now because most of the models hasn't been designed yet, not in the game at least, so there's still time to go back to the drawing table and fix this before it's too late.
We haven't yet had a chance to play with the heavy, light so i am curious to know how those handle compare to the medium hmm

my concern is what makes the skins appealing, not just for looks so perhaps some could have added features e.g.

What if some skins could have bonus points for e.g Npc/faction Reputation, Stealth rating, Pet support, Special effect/sound type etc etc

That way you get something special for the skins and its not just for looks there is an added bonus making each one that much more special as an example if you think of a vehicle skin e.g.
Tron bike and a Ghost rider bike, both nice different effects, sound and style and look cool!

(this is gonna be a vast one, sorry for the book)
- Three is the business model. I can already tell you that buying the game is gonna gate a lot of income coming from the store where the most money will be generated from. Ditch the whole "buy2play" model and let more players in, more players = more sales. This game will generate more money from skin sales alone than it ever will from selling game copies, so why not harness that income at a maximum rate to begin with?! A plethora of other game companies have tried this model before and it's extremely risky...
Because if the game should ever struggle financially and be forced to move to F2P later, it's gonna create an extremely toxic environment that both old and new players will have to struggle with. Remember Aion, APB, Tera, Elyon, Secret World, Wildstar... I mean I'm just grabbing titles out of my arse at this point, even Blizzard struggles with their models now with multiple headlines suggesting they're gonna trend multiple titles towards the F2P model as playerbases dry out. Paid models only works when you have a high playerbase, but a couple 100.000 players won't cut it, then the model needs to change and if you ask me, it's better to start off with F2P than changing into one later. Just saying, think about it.
What happened to the book?

If the game stands out from the herd and brings something amazing it should sell very well.
I am not sure on the f2p model i do believe that the quality of the game will stand out and be worth the price is paid for the content it will have.

Not only that if they introduce some nice packages into the mix for aesthetics, sounds, effects and even vehicle types etc etc that should also help.

Subscribers would be willing to part with their cash since the deal for the skins to use ingame etc saves more in the long run and that is another way.

Then there are sponsors who will support the game and hopefully this helps out too.

P

punkbuzter#6186

1. For sure the landings could be different, it's just that the current one is bad :)

2. A more seamless design would be to give NPC's on the battleground a frame too, either that or make the actual size of the frames smaller.

3. Always free camera movement is preferred, locked cameras are immersionbreaking and annoying. For example, I can still do something infront of me, yet I'm 100% capable of turning my head to look back at something else while I'm doing it... Like typing on a keyboard while looking at my cats doing something they shouldn't.

4. I'm all for it :) Just don't like the current sprite... Skidmarks could also help with making a slide smooth, compared to how it's working right now, as if you hit a bump character goes flying instead of just shaving that bump off the ground like a mech of current size would.

5. Variety is good, as long as it doesn't cover up what people paid for. An aesthetic change should not have to come with a tradeoff at the cost of a skill or function... I'd like to have options to change the appearance for sure, but not at the cost of not being able to use something I already like.
IMHO, the current "Light Frame" looks like it's a medium one, it already covers a lot of what you paid for as it is, you can't see her arms or legs, feet or shoulders, part of her back and front is also covered... What's there left to see of the "Feli" skin you paid for earlier... See my point there? :) If Crixa want to make skins their sales, they can't just go covering the skins up, it makes skin sales irrelevant if you're gonna cover it up.
But I'm all for modularity 100%, just don't cover up my character unless I go Heavy Frame.

6. We have the concept art of all the frames thus far, and we're currently enjoying the Medium one. But, it sets a basic understanding of how the rest of the mechs gonna feel and look while playing and I'm not satisfied. And again, all for content, faction mods and upgrades etc 100%, just don't cover me up when using a skin I paid for, with another skin I also paid for, I'd like to see both.

7. Indeed the quality of paid and subscription games are higher, in general, not always, but that also requires the game to attract a ton of players for the game to sustain itself economically in the long run, and what will attract new players other than the ones that join the first month? The playerbase will drop, the question is by how much. And in knowing that the number of active players will drop, isn't it a better idea to just go free2play and skip the barrier of entry so more players can join... More players equals more sales does it not?

We have to remember that Crixa is not Blizzard, and Em8ER is Crixa's first game of entry to the market, expecting that millions of people will buy a new game from a company nobody heard from is gonna present a challenge on its own, to earn recognition and good PR, and what better way than to make it available for everyone so they can earn Crixa's trust.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
For sure the landings could be different, it's just that the current one is bad
I wonder if this is one of the actual landing animation they will use or just a place holder animation even the sounds too hmm

A more seamless design would be to give NPC's on the battleground a frame too, either that or make the actual size of the frames smaller.
Would be interesting to see some npc's in meks and some not even in meks. Maybe that depends where in the biome they are, since there could be more dangerous areas, which would require meks than the specialized G-suits.

if you hit a bump character goes flying instead of just shaving that bump off the ground like a mech of current size would
Perhaps this is more suitable for the lighter frame / pilot.

IMHO, the current "Light Frame" looks like it's a medium one, it already covers a lot of what you paid for as it is, you can't see her arms or legs, feet or shoulders, part of her back and front is also covered... What's there left to see of the "Feli" skin you paid for earlier... See my point there? :) If Crixa want to make skins their sales, they can't just go covering the skins up, it makes skin sales irrelevant if you're gonna cover it up.
But I'm all for modularity 100%, just don't cover up my character unless I go Heavy Frame.
That's why i thought, there could be variation types such as mk-I to mk III to change the amount of armor on the mek.
Mk-I most revealing of the types and Mk-II has some and finally Mk-III is fully enclosed in armor.

There is the hard driver mode and as default it won't be on unless you preferred that.
https://forums.em8er.com/threads/omniframe-hard-driver-mode-new-art.439/

From what i understand this is the cockpit area which helps reveal more of the players selected skin
they have acquired.

Personally i'd prefer all enclosed, and sometimes i'd reveal by deactivating hard driver mode or just hopping out of my mek! Since some would rather have the ability to see as much of the skin as possible. An Mk-I variant could be that or you could have areas of the frame equipped with translucent armor!

Lets say that this properties to get translucent armor needs a unique recipe and crafting to get that. Then this could be applied to the armor the only difference is you are able to see through with the faint outline of the armor.

samus.jpg
Sort of like this could there be some fx to do this or even make it look more like a jelly fish shield below etc etc.

jellyshield.jpg

We have the concept art of all the frames thus far, and we're currently enjoying the Medium one. But, it sets a basic understanding of how the rest of the mechs gonna feel and look while playing and I'm not satisfied.
I am not entirely sure on that conclusion until we can truly experience them or have confirmation that the animation is what we will use for this or for that frame etc

isn't it a better idea to just go free2play and skip the barrier of entry so more players can join... More players equals more sales does it not?
Not always some players may not even spend a thing, and whats to say how easy it is to add alt accounts to have bots saturating the game or even trolls. Much more likely to occur in free to play games.

In steam for example some games may let the users have free weekend events to play the game and see how it is, and could have a discount for the game during that event if they enjoy the game very much to purchase and play on.

We have to remember that Crixa is not Blizzard, and Em8ER is Crixa's first game of entry to the market, expecting that millions of people will buy a new game from a company nobody heard from is gonna present a challenge on its own, to earn recognition and good PR, and what better way than to make it available for everyone so they can earn Crixa's trust.
If the game kickstarter is made incredibly well with hardly a bug insight the initial impression is going to attract more attention. You may have noticed big companies hyping up a game and this doesn't always end up how we would imagine.

Crixa labs may not be a mega corp, if it stays true and continues to progress you never know it could be a well known company of the future?

Sy

Nov 16, 2018
sya.li
# NPC's without their own omniframe is very small, even if the player is in a medium one. Talking to an NPC not wearing an omniframe while the player is wearing a heavy frame could pressent a challenge. How will NPC interaction be solved?
You won't be talking to NPCs while in a frame. Maybe light, but not the others.

1. The "Light" frame should be closer to body-assist for things such as speed, strength, and flexibility. It should be the most revealing/liteweight one and my current thoughts on it is that it has too much armor. "Arm Shield" for example I think should only be available for the Medium frame. I think the extended arms look awesome but they're too big for the size of the rest of the suit.

I also think the legs are too covered up as well as the arms. If you remove the armor on legs and arms and make the frame more "assist" focused, you get a liteweight agile and flexible assassin looking model that's focusing on handheld weaponry for rapid fire and critical hits, much like your typical DPS in other games.
Where are you seeing a light frame?

If you're talking about art, then that's just one of many designs.

- Three is the business model. I can already tell you that buying the game is gonna gate a lot of income coming from the store where the most money will be generated from. Ditch the whole "buy2play" model and let more players in, more players = more sales. This game will generate more money from skin sales alone than it ever will from selling game copies, so why not harness that income at a maximum rate to begin with?! A plethora of other game companies have tried this model before and it's extremely risky...
Paid models only works when you have a high playerbase...
People value what they pay for.

Free to play games are picked up and set down easily. Something that is paid for will be played.

Completely F2P will have free players who will never pay for anything. It will have players who do not buy enough to cover their own cost. It will necessitate a more aggressive store/sales model.

See also the entirety of Firefall. I'm also interested in seeing light frames done right.

If Crixa want to make skins their sales, they can't just go covering the skins up, it makes skin sales irrelevant if you're gonna cover it up.
Frames are not used in bases or Home. Maybe light could get away with it, but that's undecided.

For example, all crafting will have people out of their frames. As crafting is a major component of the gameplay loop, being a pilot will be frequent for many players.

IMHO, the current "Light Frame" looks like it's a medium one, it already covers a lot of what you paid for as it is, you can't see her arms or legs, feet or shoulders, part of her back and front is also covered...
Light frames with that style actually works out for a lot of players who want to play a light frame but don't want to spend double the price for both pilot and frame skins.

Quadrana2

Firstclaimer
Jul 7, 2017
So the good the bad and the really bad feels.

The Good and I do mean really really good.

The visuals of the new demo are really really good the fog is now a nice thin fog or mist and the sky is beautiful. The terrain looks amazing and I like how the voxel terrain looks and how the in game visuals feel.

The bad, that will probably get fixed but deserves being mentioned.

I got stuck inside the spawn point during a thumping encounter due to a debree falling neer the entrance and invisibly blocking the entrance and trapping me inside. Shortly after the thumper exploded and all the debree despawned.

Also there was an instance where I had a stuttering glitch at the top of jump jetting into the DeepStryke ability that after the visual timed out while vibrating in place but a general downward motion my frame continued on toward the earth to make a crater.

The really really bad feels that I pray get looked into and fixed.

The game play of the demo felt bad because it took 3 plasma cannon shots from the poorly recharging plasma cannon to kill 1 tsi hu or an entire clip from the assault rifle or 3 missile from missile storm. Over all the damage outputs need over hauled cause even a deepstryke wouldn't kill a tsi hu. Also I would love for the plasma cannon to be like a normal gun again like it was back in firefall where it was reloaded like the assault rifle only with a plasma looking energy core and still had 30 shots. I know a lot of this may be balancing saved for later builds or for future updates that aren't being focused on at this time but it makes playing the current demo feel bad and unsatisfactory.

Overall the current demo is very visually pleasing and is on a great path in that direction but the combat could use a major overhall before feeling satisfactory again or anything close to firefall.

As always though thank you dev's and community team for all your hard work and keep it up still love that the game is progressing forward,

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
For UE5_Em8ER_Update_1.2 -- [UPDATE 3] Visual Overhaul Build

Some bugs:
- Around 2350m North East of Base Alpha, there's a large crater where the ground collision is off.
- Scanning here can cause resources to spawn under the ground.
- When a THMPR encounter is activated here, Tsi-hu can spawn under the ground and shoot up to the THMPR (and you). I can't clip under the ground, but they're probably standing on this invisible plane.
- Standing in a hole drilled by a THMPR stops Kneebiters from attacking you.
- Plasma cannon feels a lot weaker for some reason.

- The visuals are a lot better with the added textures and skybox. The fog has been toned down and now you can actually SEE when you fall in a hole, so that's great.
- I'm liking the increased terrain damage on the Deepstryke based on how far you fall.
- Can't say I noticed any additional lag or drop in framerate. As responsive as the Whitebox builds were.
- What is this? Broken clouds? Some sort of ship?
huhwaht.png

Otherwise, it's good to see some progress. No more getting stuck when deepstryking. Reminds me of the GliderTune and Spawn demos where the community gave feedback and saw changes within a week or two. Hope for more of this, looking forward to the new build in the coming weeks.

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
ONE MOOOOORE
- Deepstryking a hole and burying the THMPR will break its AI. If the hole is deep enough, the THMPR will sink underground but not despawn, and the encounter will continue until it the timer expires.
? Based on my previous feedback, I guess there's an invisible wall at the bottom of the map now.

- Encountered my first (unintended) fatal error while running two instances of the demo at the same time. This instance was running in the background at the time. I was using the other instance to jump around and clip the camera. See partial log if it helps:
[2022.08.01-11.49.03:363][480]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Enabled
[2022.08.01-11.49.03:364][480]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed
[2022.08.01-11.49.03:405][483]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed - glide
[2022.08.01-11.49.03:410][483]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed
[2022.08.01-11.49.03:411][483]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Enabled
[2022.08.01-11.49.03:420][484]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed
[2022.08.01-11.49.03:466][486]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed - glide
[2022.08.01-11.49.03:469][486]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed
[2022.08.01-11.49.03:553][489]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed - glide
[2022.08.01-11.49.03:555][489]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed
[2022.08.01-11.49.03:603][493]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed - glide
[2022.08.01-11.49.03:604][493]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed
[2022.08.01-11.49.03:608][493]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Enabled
[2022.08.01-11.49.03:677][498]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Tag Changed skill.omniframe.activateGliderCooldown Count 1
[2022.08.01-11.49.05:027][598]LogAudioMixer: Warning: Decoder Error, stopping source [Concrete_Step_01]
[2022.08.01-11.49.08:993][896]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Tag Changed skill.omniframe.activateGliderCooldown Count 0
[2022.08.01-11.49.20:784][692]LogScript: Warning: UAkGameplayStatics::postEvent: No Event specified!
[2022.08.01-11.49.20:784][692]LogScript: Warning: UAkGameplayStatics::postEvent: No Event specified!
[2022.08.01-11.49.25:438][847]LogScript: Warning: UAkGameplayStatics::postEvent: No Event specified!
[2022.08.01-11.49.25:531][852]LogScript: Warning: UAkGameplayStatics::postEvent: No Event specified!
[2022.08.01-11.49.26:908][922]LogVoxel: Voxel Invoker registered; Name: VoxelVolumeInvoker; Owner: BP_VolumeInvokerActor_C_2147457281
[2022.08.01-11.49.26:908][922]LogVoxel: Voxel Invoker registered; Name: VoxelSimpleInvoker; Owner: BP_VolumeInvokerActor_C_2147457281
[2022.08.01-11.49.47:184][717]LogVoxel: Voxel Invoker registered; Name: VoxelVolumeInvoker; Owner: BP_VolumeInvokerActor_C_2147457205
[2022.08.01-11.49.47:184][717]LogVoxel: Voxel Invoker registered; Name: VoxelSimpleInvoker; Owner: BP_VolumeInvokerActor_C_2147457205
[2022.08.01-11.49.53:251][765]LogAnimation: Warning: SLOTNODE: 'Transition' in animation instance class ABP_OmniframeMP_C already exists. Remove duplicates from the animation graph for this class.
[2022.08.01-11.49.53:251][765]LogAnimation: Warning: SLOTNODE: 'TurnInPlace' in animation instance class ABP_OmniframeMP_C already exists. Remove duplicates from the animation graph for this class.
[2022.08.01-11.49.53:251][765]LogAnimation: Warning: SLOTNODE: 'AdditiveLand' in animation instance class ABP_OmniframeMP_C already exists. Remove duplicates from the animation graph for this class.
[2022.08.01-11.51.57:463][918]LogVoxel: Voxel Invoker registered; Name: VoxelVolumeInvoker; Owner: BP_VolumeInvokerActor_C_2147456753
[2022.08.01-11.51.57:463][918]LogVoxel: Voxel Invoker registered; Name: VoxelSimpleInvoker; Owner: BP_VolumeInvokerActor_C_2147456753
[2022.08.01-11.51.59:343][923]LogWindows: Could not start crash report client using ../../../Engine/Binaries/Win64/CrashReportClient.exe
[2022.08.01-11.51.59:343][923]LogMemory: Platform Memory Stats for WindowsClient
[2022.08.01-11.51.59:343][923]LogMemory: Process Physical Memory: 1679.37 MB used, 2356.05 MB peak
[2022.08.01-11.51.59:343][923]LogMemory: Process Virtual Memory: 5139.66 MB used, 5235.58 MB peak
[2022.08.01-11.51.59:343][923]LogMemory: Physical Memory: 8235.01 MB used, 8094.29 MB free, 16329.30 MB total
[2022.08.01-11.51.59:343][923]LogMemory: Virtual Memory: 20157.28 MB used, 3885.80 MB free, 24043.07 MB total
[2022.08.01-11.51.59:888][965]Message dialog closed, result: Ok, title: The UE5-Em8erMovement Game has crashed and will close, text: Fatal error!

[2022.08.01-11.52.15:432][248]LogVoxel: Voxel Invoker registered; Name: VoxelVolumeInvoker; Owner: BP_VolumeInvokerActor_C_2147456693
[2022.08.01-11.52.15:432][248]LogVoxel: Voxel Invoker registered; Name: VoxelSimpleInvoker; Owner: BP_VolumeInvokerActor_C_2147456693
[2022.08.01-11.52.27:829][331]LogThreadingWindows: Error: Runnable thread Voxel Thread 1 crashed.
[2022.08.01-11.52.27:829][331]LogWindows: Error: === Critical error: ===
[2022.08.01-11.52.27:829][331]LogWindows: Error:
[2022.08.01-11.52.27:829][331]LogWindows: Error: Fatal error!
[2022.08.01-11.52.27:829][331]LogWindows: Error: Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address 0x0000000000000800
[2022.08.01-11.52.27:829][331]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff645d0a13e Em8erMovementClient-Win64-Shipping.exe!FVoxelOctreeUtilities::IterateTreeByPred<FVoxelDataOctreeBase,<lambda_8e5661e6b1eb704879258a9bc1e63a28>,<lambda_c54c8e3e6bfb6e963ea80e8b8c02c903> >() [D:\Work\emberSource5\trunk\Plugins\Voxel\Source\Voxel\Public\VoxelUtilities\VoxelOctreeUtilities.h:93]
[2022.08.01-11.52.27:829][331]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff645d0a10f Em8erMovementClient-Win64-Shipping.exe!FVoxelOctreeUtilities::IterateTreeByPred<FVoxelDataOctreeBase,<lambda_8e5661e6b1eb704879258a9bc1e63a28>,<lambda_c54c8e3e6bfb6e963ea80e8b8c02c903> >() [D:\Work\emberSource5\trunk\Plugins\Voxel\Source\Voxel\Public\VoxelUtilities\VoxelOctreeUtilities.h:88]
[2022.08.01-11.52.27:829][331]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff645d07163 Em8erMovementClient-Win64-Shipping.exe!FVoxelData::Get<TVoxelValueImpl<short> >() [D:\Work\emberSource5\trunk\Plugins\Voxel\Source\Voxel\Private\VoxelData\VoxelData.cpp:277]
[2022.08.01-11.52.27:829][331]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff645d8b0b7 Em8erMovementClient-Win64-Shipping.exe!FVoxelMarchingCubeMesher::CreateGeometryTemplate<`FVoxelMarchingCubeMesher::CreateFullChunkImpl'::`2'::FLocalVertex>() [D:\Work\emberSource5\trunk\Plugins\Voxel\Source\Voxel\Private\VoxelRender\Meshers\VoxelMarchingCubeMesher.cpp:465]
[2022.08.01-11.52.27:829][331]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff645d8f45a Em8erMovementClient-Win64-Shipping.exe!FVoxelMarchingCubeMesher::CreateFullChunkImpl() [D:\Work\emberSource5\trunk\Plugins\Voxel\Source\Voxel\Private\VoxelRender\Meshers\VoxelMarchingCubeMesher.cpp:345]
[2022.08.01-11.52.27:829][331]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff645d942c2 Em8erMovementClient-Win64-Shipping.exe!FVoxelMesher::CreateFullChunk() [D:\Work\emberSource5\trunk\Plugins\Voxel\Source\Voxel\Private\VoxelRender\Meshers\VoxelMesher.cpp:360]
[2022.08.01-11.52.27:829][331]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff645daf499 Em8erMovementClient-Win64-Shipping.exe!FVoxelMesherAsyncWork::DoWork() [D:\Work\emberSource5\trunk\Plugins\Voxel\Source\Voxel\Private\VoxelRender\Renderers\VoxelMesherAsyncWork.cpp:82]
[2022.08.01-11.52.27:829][331]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff6460f4358 Em8erMovementClient-Win64-Shipping.exe!FVoxelAsyncWork::DoThreadedWork() [D:\Work\emberSource5\trunk\Plugins\Voxel\Source\Voxel\Private\VoxelAsyncWork.cpp:37]
[2022.08.01-11.52.27:829][331]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff64610bac6 Em8erMovementClient-Win64-Shipping.exe!FVoxelThread::Run() [D:\Work\emberSource5\trunk\Plugins\Voxel\Source\Voxel\Private\VoxelThreadPool.cpp:120]
[2022.08.01-11.52.27:829][331]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff646ae46a7 Em8erMovementClient-Win64-Shipping.exe!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [D:\Work\uesource\5-0-2\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Windows\WindowsRunnableThread.cpp:146]
[2022.08.01-11.52.27:829][331]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff646adf561 Em8erMovementClient-Win64-Shipping.exe!FRunnableThreadWin::GuardedRun() [D:\Work\uesource\5-0-2\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Windows\WindowsRunnableThread.cpp:76]
[2022.08.01-11.52.27:829][331]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffc0faa7034 KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction []
[2022.08.01-11.52.27:829][331]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffc0ffa2651 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []
[2022.08.01-11.52.27:829][331]LogWindows: Error: Crash in runnable thread Voxel Thread 1
[2022.08.01-11.52.27:836][331]LogExit: Executing StaticShutdownAfterError
[2022.08.01-11.52.27:836][331]LogWindows: FPlatformMisc::RequestExit(1)
[2022.08.01-11.52.27:836][331]LogWindows: FPlatformMisc::RequestExitWithStatus(1, 3)
[2022.08.01-11.52.27:836][331]LogCore: Engine exit requested (reason: Win RequestExit)
[2022.08.01-11.52.27:844][331]Log file closed, 08/01/22 21:52:27

- Voxels still aren't persistent for everyone is someone is blocking a chunk from regenerating. Weird glitching occurs when interacting with this terrain, but it seems to immediately resolve once all players stop touching it. This could be me running multiple instances of the game, but someone else joined briefly and it looked like they were affected when touching the terrain too.
- Encountered another fatal error when playing around in this area.
[2022.08.01-12.21.00:050][308]LogRHI: Error: Breadcrumbs 'RenderingThread'
Context 1/2
00 Scene
01 BasePass_ViewExtensions

[2022.08.01-12.21.00:058][308]LogWindows: Could not start crash report client using ../../../Engine/Binaries/Win64/CrashReportClient.exe
[2022.08.01-12.21.00:058][308]LogMemory: Platform Memory Stats for WindowsClient
[2022.08.01-12.21.00:058][308]LogMemory: Process Physical Memory: 2636.77 MB used, 2639.39 MB peak
[2022.08.01-12.21.00:058][308]LogMemory: Process Virtual Memory: 5146.00 MB used, 5146.00 MB peak
[2022.08.01-12.21.00:058][308]LogMemory: Physical Memory: 8858.97 MB used, 7470.32 MB free, 16329.30 MB total
[2022.08.01-12.21.00:058][308]LogMemory: Virtual Memory: 18466.14 MB used, 2763.03 MB free, 21229.18 MB total
[2022.08.01-12.21.00:795][368]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Enabled
[2022.08.01-12.21.00:795][368]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Weapons Enabled
[2022.08.01-12.21.00:795][368]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Movement Enabled
[2022.08.01-12.21.07:208][852]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Tag Changed skill.omniframe.activateGliderCooldown Count 1
[2022.08.01-12.21.11:219][917]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Tag Changed skill.omniframe.afterburnCoolDown Count 0
[2022.08.01-12.21.12:225][ 3]LogAnimation: Warning: SLOTNODE: 'Transition' in animation instance class ABP_OmniframeMP_C already exists. Remove duplicates from the animation graph for this class.
[2022.08.01-12.21.12:225][ 3]LogAnimation: Warning: SLOTNODE: 'TurnInPlace' in animation instance class ABP_OmniframeMP_C already exists. Remove duplicates from the animation graph for this class.
[2022.08.01-12.21.12:225][ 3]LogAnimation: Warning: SLOTNODE: 'AdditiveLand' in animation instance class ABP_OmniframeMP_C already exists. Remove duplicates from the animation graph for this class.
[2022.08.01-12.21.12:442][ 21]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Tag Changed skill.omniframe.activateGliderCooldown Count 0
[2022.08.01-12.21.12:536][ 29]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.12:546][ 30]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Enabled
[2022.08.01-12.21.12:819][ 52]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.12:820][ 52]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Enabled
[2022.08.01-12.21.12:887][ 58]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Tag Changed skill.omniframe.activateGliderCooldown Count 1
[2022.08.01-12.21.13:750][130]LogVoxel: Voxel Invoker registered; Name: VoxelVolumeInvoker; Owner: BP_VolumeInvokerActor_C_2147466066
[2022.08.01-12.21.13:750][130]LogVoxel: Voxel Invoker registered; Name: VoxelSimpleInvoker; Owner: BP_VolumeInvokerActor_C_2147466066
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:554][447]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:555][447]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Enabled
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:556][447]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:566][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed - glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:567][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:567][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed - glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:568][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:568][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed - glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:568][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:569][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed - glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:570][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:570][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed - glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:570][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:571][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed - glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:571][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:571][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed - glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:572][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:572][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed - glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:572][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:573][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed - glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:573][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:573][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed - glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:573][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:574][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:574][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed - glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:574][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:575][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed - glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:575][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:575][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed - glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:575][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:576][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed - glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:576][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:577][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed - glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:577][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:577][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed - glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:577][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:578][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed - glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:578][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:578][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed - glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:578][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:579][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed - glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:579][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:579][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed - glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:580][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:580][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed - glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:580][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: highspeed
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:582][448]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Enabled
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:640][454]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:640][454]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Enabled
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:641][454]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:641][454]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Enabled
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:641][454]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:642][454]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Enabled
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:643][454]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:643][454]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Enabled
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:643][454]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:644][454]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Enabled
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:644][454]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:644][454]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Enabled
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:645][454]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:645][454]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Enabled
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:646][454]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:646][454]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Enabled
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:646][454]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:646][454]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Enabled
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:647][454]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Enabled
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:647][454]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:647][454]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Enabled
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:648][454]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:648][454]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Enabled
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:648][454]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:648][454]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Enabled
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:649][454]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:649][454]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Enabled
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:649][454]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:650][454]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Enabled
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:650][454]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:650][454]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Enabled
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:708][460]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:709][460]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Enabled
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:710][460]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:710][460]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Enabled
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:710][460]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:711][460]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Enabled
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:711][460]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:711][460]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Enabled
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:712][460]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:712][460]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Enabled
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:713][460]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:713][460]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Enabled
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:713][460]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:714][460]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Enabled
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:714][460]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:714][460]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Enabled
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:715][460]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:715][460]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Enabled
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:715][460]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:715][460]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Enabled
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:773][466]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:774][466]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Enabled
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:774][466]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:775][466]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Enabled
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:775][466]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:775][466]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Enabled
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:776][466]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Disabled: glide
[2022.08.01-12.21.17:776][466]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Rotation Enabled
[2022.08.01-12.21.18:208][504]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Tag Changed skill.omniframe.activateGliderCooldown Count 0
[2022.08.01-12.21.18:273][510]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Tag Changed skill.omniframe.craterCoolDown Count 0
[2022.08.01-12.21.18:308][513]LogEm8er: Previous movement mode is not Glide after changing movement modes after activating glider. PMM: MOVE_Falling NMM: MOVE_Walking PCM: CMOVE_NONE NCM: CMOVE_NONE
[2022.08.01-12.21.18:574][537]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Tag Changed skill.omniframe.activateGliderCooldown Count 1
[2022.08.01-12.21.23:903][993]LogEm8erOmniframeCharacter: Tag Changed skill.omniframe.activateGliderCooldown Count 0
[2022.08.01-12.21.59:550][956]LogThreadingWindows: Error: Runnable thread Voxel Thread 1 crashed.
[2022.08.01-12.21.59:550][956]LogWindows: Error: === Critical error: ===
[2022.08.01-12.21.59:550][956]LogWindows: Error:
[2022.08.01-12.21.59:550][956]LogWindows: Error: Fatal error!
[2022.08.01-12.21.59:550][956]LogWindows: Error: Crash in runnable thread Voxel Thread 1
[2022.08.01-12.21.59:567][957]LogExit: Executing StaticShutdownAfterError
[2022.08.01-12.21.59:567][957]LogWindows: FPlatformMisc::RequestExit(1)
[2022.08.01-12.21.59:567][957]LogWindows: FPlatformMisc::RequestExitWithStatus(1, 3)
[2022.08.01-12.21.59:567][957]LogCore: Engine exit requested (reason: Win RequestExit)
[2022.08.01-12.21.59:575][958]Log file closed, 08/01/22 22:21:59

? Thoughts, maybe the game doesn't pass this information onto new players when they log in, hence why the area looks normal on the new player's screen? In the old builds, it occured, but players who were already logged in could experience it if they were initially out of range of the area.

- Deepstryke bug still exists, just harder to perform. Easiest way to lock yourself now is to hop and deepstryke while someone is on your head. You're still locked in place, but your knees do the Charleston if you try to turn around.

I've taken those crash dumps and logs and put them in a folder. DM if you want them, otherwise I can show you how to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.