• YOU DON'T CHOOSE EMBER LIFE, EMBER LIFE CHOOSE YOU

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
One thing I realized about Project Genome and many game has that sh*t too...

"TorgueJoe"

no space, no underline or whatever
WHAT.THE.F*CK.
THAT B*TCH MOVE UP THERE. IS AN ABSOLUTE. NO. GO

WE WANT TO GIVE OURSELF GOOD AND PROPER NAME.

RIGHT?
RIIIIGHT?
RIGHTPLOSION!

Sep 30, 2016
Would separating your character's name and call sign work?

For instance, my character's name might be Jack Arke, but the game would display my callsign of "Jumpstart".

For the case of Mr. Flexington, it might be:
Name: Mr. Torgue Flexington
Callsign: HighFive

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
I tend to prefer games where you can set the first and last name as seperate, it also helps with game interactions, IE they can call you Mr. Joe, or Torgue, or Torgue Joe based on your two inputs and what would be the natural speech pattern of the person using your name.

Well... I LotRo we had normal names and for a bit of ingame money family names, I dunno the family name of my Larulir and Nunaden anymore, but i know that my orc (you can play as evil creature in a certain area against players) had the family name "Schandenkralle" (german for "shameclaw"), which was kinda a nice title... it was also pretty neat 'cause you could get titles that you can hang behind your name like "servant of angmar" (if you were a monster), "slighty stray" (if you accepted the job as explorer), "from gondor" (if your char is a human and comes from gondor) or "kin-brother" (when you got promoted in your kin to a certain rank, still dunno how the title is correctly translated into english i jsut know that it is "Sippenbruder" in german ^^).
It was quite fun to play around with 'em, and well, yeah, it had to be there... it was a RPG and had RolePlay servers...