Names for the Knee biters

Sep 1, 2020
I've had a few ideas actually '3'

Shards because they look kind of sharp and jagged.

Gremlins because of ancient lore plane pilots had about weird sounds and bugs in their planes

And they make me think of dingos. Wild dogs. Just a thought.

And because of Grummz: Chupacabra.

Look it up. They look grody and kind of like the anklebiters, so...

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu

Gremlins because of ancient lore plane pilots had about weird sounds and bugs in their planes

Could mix them up such as Wild Shardlins etc

1638217726342.jpeg
Munch Bunch they munch and they do bunch even at lunch!

Last edited:

capeline#7194

Feli Gatestrider
Nov 24, 2021

I like Dingo a lot. Its either that or Chupacabras for me

Sep 1, 2020
Pondered this with some oiks at the office.

One suggestion I got was "Keep the name short and with a hard sound at the end. Imagine shouting it over battle comms. So two vowels at most? Like how you'd name and call out to a cat."

So...what about Biters or Skippers or Raptors? (Provided we don't get saurian endemic life)

Just try shouting it out. Don't mind the weird look of the neigbours '3'

Alternatively, as Pandagnome showed a few posts earlier, using two words might also work.

Still have to think of a few suggestions for that one, though. Can get a bit rough on that end because options.

Shanie

Omni Ace
Sep 23, 2018
I kind of like Kneebiters. That's what I'll call them, but maybe that's better as a nickname.

I like the term "Gigalings", throwing back to Zerglings a bit, but they're "giga" because they hurt big. Big bite, small boi.

Apr 23, 2017
Just look up, can't miss him
I kind of like Kneebiters. That's what I'll call them, but maybe that's better as a nickname.

I like the term "Gigalings", throwing back to Zerglings a bit, but they're "giga" because they hurt big. Big bite, small boi.
This seems to be the most suggested name too. Perhaps they're called that in the tsi-hu language?

I do feel like it might be a bit confusing for new reapers as they look UP instead of down when warned of a gigaling attack. Or they think whoever said it is about to begin laughing hysterically.

Nov 6, 2019
in today's chief chat it was mentioned that an in game name for the knee biters was needed so i figured id make a post here for suggestions.

personally i like the name "Hives" or "Hivers" since the way they attack the bigger frames and the Thumpers reminds me of how bees suffocate invaders in their hives to death by covering them, or how ants swarm their prey, i also like it because of how many there are, no other species has the amount of manpower as hive-minds do, and maybe in the lore they could of originally been a form of ant from the world of the Kaiju.

But that's just my suggestion, i saw loads of other great suggestions on the discord, one of my personal favourites was "Locusts" so what are your ideas?
I say "Fleet Bugs" in tribute of all things Naval.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
What they target or use:

- Achilles Demon - or also known as (Add) with dog at the end
- Razor Swarm - with their sharp razor spikes on their body

What they may sound like:

- Screechors - perhaps making sounds like this

Played at 0.5 speed

- Aroarers - from the word Aura + roarer forming a change in energy harness to a singular purpose

Nice sounds