More mounts/pets thoughts?

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
mounts in em8er!.... what other types of mounts could we see or think up of?

Here is some that i like in my mind:

GekoRoo
1577102682378.jpeg + 1577102721894.jpeg
Jumps a lot and clings on walls its a mount for real adventure!

Hover turtle - It is simply a turtle with hover ability and plays it safe can sometime poke its head and grin then go back in its shell

Camocat - This is a cat that resembles the colour of kumquat in its natural colour state

The cat is a mix between

1577103252352.jpeg + 1577103887288.jpeg
This is stealthy cat that can change colours depending on the room or environment it is in!

Hogdog - this is

1577104073130.jpeg + 1577104347190.jpeg
Has the tendency to charge into things sometimes & playful!

Sphider is a
1577105597446.jpeg
+
1577105802724.jpeg
This machine like spider can protect its rider in a ball and roll over the place they can also bump into others who have the same mount this can also work well with other mounts such as the hogdog too!

Attachments

Aug 5, 2017
UK
Mounts in Em-8ER...hmmm, not sure about this! They work in other rpg/mmo's but dont we have a mountable transporters already. Dont get me wrong, I like mountables, handy in getting around if your means is bipedal. Since we going to have an armoured Mek with jets, wings, and bikes etc. is this addition laudible?

Jan 26, 2017
Portugal
Mounts in Em-8ER...hmmm, not sure about this! They work in other rpg/mmo's but dont we have a mountable transporters already. Dont get me wrong, I like mountables, handy in getting around if your means is bipedal. Since we going to have an armoured Mek with jets, wings, and bikes etc. is this addition laudible?
well, at least the bikes are exclusive and limited edition. I get what you mean what with the frames having Skim mode and all, but mounts may at least move faster than a heavier frame and also allow you to move without the risk of incurring damage to your frame(s). They're also a really stylish way to get around

Sep 2, 2017
If I have to judge by what I have seen, I would say that first there is this mechs with guns and stuff, and then this pets and mounts.....just like another totally different game

VRK9

Sep 15, 2017
Portugal
My pet/mount suggestion will be a mix of my 2 favourite species:

Bunnies + Dragons!

Appearance:
I suggest a mammal Dragon Bunny with pink and brown stripes (the colour of stripes could be changed) in a tiger pattern with no wings.
It could have a medium mane in the neck, wrists, ankles and tail, and the tail will be long with the bunny “pom pom” at its end. Its eyes are big and can change colours to show their current emotion, their brighter stripes could glow, and males and females have pouches in their bellies to carry their eggs, food, toys... and have a great sense of smell and vision, and of course, hearing.
It is a very intelligent top omnivore predator (one of the top from its world) that can run at high speed and jump very high and very far, so it needs strong paws and claws, they could live in almost everywhere, since holes or caves, or at tree tops, running and jumping from tree to tree, to open spaces.

Special Powers:
They have elemental powers of many kinds, but while they could have them all, they only choose one to master the rest of their life at the age of 6, while almost ignoring all others.
They use sound, light, electromagnetic fields, fire, ice, space, toxins… to communicate, orientation, defence, attack, localization…
They look all with the same appearance, but if people look carefully, they could see which is the elemental power of a certain creature, like some of the examples (all names are WiP because I’m really bad giving names to thinks, like I didn't even name this Dragon Bunny creatures):
-“Burners” are fire manipulators that are normally burning or smoking something (and activating fire alarms…), they like to swim in volcanoes, and their owners should have fireproof carpets and furniture and a lot of fire extinguishers at hand.
-“Jumpers” are space manipulators that can create portals or teleporting, they normally get stuck inside small areas where they teleport into for curiosity (like cars or wardrobes, and they sometimes teleport to the school or work place of their owners looking for help because they got their head stuck in their owner underwear drawer…). They also have nearby open portals to the nearest food source (that normally means the someone’s fridge…).
-“Singers” are sound manipulators that have the ability to not shut up (but they can shut up others by creating inverted sounds), they are always making sounds, singing melodies… and not only sing with their mouths but also by vibrating their body and fur. They can even learn to talk human speech, and since they don’t know what is lying or keeping secrets, they are regularly saying embarrassing things of their owners (with pride in their voices) to everyone who is listening (like friends, family or the person we have a crush…).
-…
The variety and strength of elemental powers from those creatures depends from their age, experience and intelligence, an example of elemental powers of a “singer”:
By using and manipulate sound, they could make horrible noises to make enemies go away, or when attacking can calculate the rupture vibration of their targets to make their heads or bodies explode. They can produce loud sounds (in infrasound or ultrasound range) to communicate long distances, and beautiful sounds and melodies to socialize, relax or play, they can also use echolocation, hard sounds to make an armour of horns, spikes and plates, and have a very accurate aim to shoot enemies in the middle of friends.

Growing and Reproduction:
They grow fast, their eggs are round and at the size of a handball ball and while their unfertilized eggs are fragile with dark colours, their fertilized eggs are tougher with a glowing bright light. They reach adulthood at around 13 human years with the size of a horse, and can double it for their max size at 30, and live for thousands of years.
They normally live in groups with different species, and since they prioritize being happy and then making others happy, they often prioritize their old social group over family or even recent mates, but sometimes, when unhappy, they leave to travel alone, with their social group or old mate to find a new territory or a better group.
Females lay eggs 6 times per year (every 2 months or around 8 weeks) and lay 2-12 eggs at a time (every time in an even number, with a mate or not, and even when they have a mate its usual that half of the eggs are unfertilized), one week before next mating season (each full season is 2 months, that means 1 month and 2 weeks (6 weeks) to test a new mate if they don’t have one, 1 week to get pregnant and lay the eggs, and 1 week to hide their eggs), that each parent hide half of them in their own territory (it’s an excuse for egg hunt, just don’t break a glowing egg or you will die by their parents, they will know…).
Both male and female can produce milk, if they are mating or are in large groups (not only to feed their and other babies but also each other as a socialization feature), that is too strong for humans in its pure state (needs 10ml of milk in 1l of water to be drinkable, and even that is strong), like their unfertilized eggs (5ml of mixed egg in 1l of water), but are very tasty. In some groups only those who are producing milk hunt and feed the rest of the group with their milk and unfertilized eggs.
They are monogamous, and only mate and lay fertilized eggs if both mates were together during an entire full season, while they test and tease each other trying to make the other quit (if they like each other), after that, they stay with each other while they are together, and play and mate a lot, even outside of the egg lay week.

Lore:
These creatures are one of the most and less aggressive ones at the same time in Gatestriders home planet, since they are the one of the top predators, they don’t fear new creatures, in fact they are very curious.
When Gatestriders arrived the first time, they didn’t understand those creatures, other predators avoided them (or hunting them…), but they seemed very peaceful, they only like to play, follow people, imitate them, and steal their stuff (and sometimes eating their cars if some Gatestrider forgot their lunch inside of it). Until one day someone had the really bad idea of killing one, maybe to try if they taste good or for revenge for their missing car. When the army arrived, the entire village had disappeared from the map, they still tried to hunt them down but Gatestriders had so much casualties that they decided to try other approaches.
The family’s groups of those creatures had a lot of other species and kinds, and they easily accept new faces that prove that they are friendly and work for their community, what made that some scientists and their Thmprs were accepted in their groups while studying them. The problem is that they don’t like to be trained because they don’t want to be part of the Gatestriders society, but even that somewhat changed...
One day, a kid found an hidden glowing ball and took it with her, it hatched in her house and they easily become friends, it gave a lot of work taking care of it but she, with the help of their family, could teach and train it how to behave inside an house (more or less), what it should eat (or steal) or not, and living in society (or almost). The creature was so smart that in few years learned to understand human speech, and even learned reading books (when it didn’t eat them), and then it taught to some wild ones of its kind some of what it had learned that taught to others and others...
They quickly became very popular between Gatestriders, but only few families had some of them because of how much care these creatures need to be happy (and if they are unhappy they just leave), and they are great with kids (except when some family needs to move away because their kid bullied other that had one of those creatures as a pet).

Gatestriders and Reapers:
The Gatestriders like them as pets and mounts because when they are happy, they can glow in beautiful colours and sing wonderful melodies, they love to help and protect their family (of any kind) and can carry a lot of height.
The cons are that they need a lot of space and exercise, because they are a little hyperactive, they can rest but don’t need to sleep, and have a very efficient digestive system (that means almost everything can go in but almost nothing go out), they can’t get fat (that means if they eat too much or too much calories, they will spend all night running around your house or making tunnels below it). They need to be trained by its new family almost after it born to make bonds and create their social group, and they need to have some wealth and insurance because the trouble they normally give with their elemental powers and behaviour.
The Reapers like them as pets because they can use their senses to locate rare resources (living scan hammer…), power some tools with elemental powers, and while Reapers are thumping, they can protect the site from local wild life.
The cons are that they need constant surveillance to prevent them of making tunnels below the mining site, not eating expensive things (like equipment or the rare resources they are looking for) or eating too much.

Last edited:

VRK9

Sep 15, 2017
Portugal
Could they breathe out fire to melt heavily iced areas hmm
I thought that it could be too much power for them since they can manipulate sound, light and electricity, but we could have several kinds of them, and some could breath and manipulate fire, toxins or ice. If people still think that they still are OP, i can make them with only 1 or 2 elements rather than 3.

Mr. Grummz told me that we could create a topic in the forum for pets and mounts suggestions, so i used your topic.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
If people still think that they still are OP, i can make them with only 1 or 2 elements rather than 3.
I like 1 because it is unique to that mount, and maybe there are hybrid as well.

we could have several kinds of them
what if there are variations of mounts for example

Dragon Rabbit - Ice storm
Dragon Rabbit - Burst fire
Dragon Rabbit - Toxic rage

etc etc

I also wonder if there are ways to customize the mounts look even more and possibly its power as a result e,g,

Standard Dragon Rabbit head changed to burst fire head and the body of another and the legs of something else.

Most variation could be swapped around and other compatible mount skins perhaps to create some interesting styles.

I am guessing some wont be compatible e.g a bike and a creature mount as an example.

Also since the dragon head is the prominent part if the burst fire head was chosen that would be a fire type but what if it had 2 heads could one have a fire head and the other a ice head hmm

The Gatestriders like them as pets and mounts
Could this be applied to bikes too, i mean love the idea with its own quirks e.g. a motorbike that sounds futuristic and can launch flares into the sky to show friendlies or team mates their location.

VRK9

Sep 15, 2017
Portugal
I updated the Dragon Bunny info, so they now only have 1 element but can have more variety.
What do you think?

Should we create another topic for mounts/pets suggestion and use this one to talk about it?