Models

Zenshi

Jan 26, 2017
I just watched the last video. I feel that models are too complex, with unnecessary excessive details. Also, their plastic skins don't look attractive to me. Compared to Firefall... I'm kinda disappointed. My advice is: make models less cluttered and with more realistic skins. Good luck.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Hello....what do you mean by plastic? Can you post a screenshot? We use PBR materials, which are very advanced shaders. The metals look extremely realistic in engine.

Apr 22, 2017
Periphery, Canopus IV.
i think it has to do with the colors/materials chosen being too Vibrant/shiny or something.

using the Thumper as an example, it reminds me of a car fresh off the assembly line with a thick coat of new paint. that paint makes the material on the surface look completely different than what it really is so you dont see it as metal you see it as whatever the paint was designed to make it look-be it matte, pearlescent, or metalic.

personally i like it, as it reminds me of sci-fi materials like Plasteel and such. although now that i think about what i just typed wouldn't it be awesome to offer different types of paint in game so you can change the appearance of the materials even more?

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
I know it might be a bit outside the scope of the game at this point but was just thinking it would be kinda cool if your paint job could get scratched/dinged/dulled based on time in combat or whatever damage stats are used. Like you come back from a mining job and your mech will look like its been through a warzone until you repair it, then fresh shiny new again for another round of abuse.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
I know it might be a bit outside the scope of the game at this point but was just thinking it would be kinda cool if your paint job could get scratched/dinged/dulled based on time in combat or whatever damage stats are used. Like you come back from a mining job and your mech will look like its been through a warzone until you repair it, then fresh shiny new again for another round of abuse.
It's possible. Not sure we will get to that, but can look.