Micro Update March 18th 2019: Multiplayer and Drop Ships!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
Hello reapers,

The latest video mini update is live and ready to watch. Don't waste your time reading my ramblings.. click that link already!

Please take note of all of the people that Grummz sent a special thanks to and give them a bit of encouragement of your own right here below!

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Big thankyou to @IAmJohnGalt and the EM-8er team! Everything is looking great! So cannot wait for the demo.

EDIT:

1552952684243.png

I just noticed a rather curious structural weakness in the dropship, is this intended? I realize that material science will have come a long ways since current day, and I'm not 100% certain what it is that is sitting up top but still, I think something a bit more robust might be in order.

Another question I have is, is this intended to be ayrodynamic (meaning surface area intended for flight rather than say anti-grav pods or VTOL thrusters). The amount of lift area compared to the bulk of the dropship seems very low. I am wondering what the dropship would look like if it was flattened vertically by 30-40%, If the thumper wouldn't fit after doing that perhaps where the thumper would sit could be open on the top and bottom so the ship forms an aerodynamic ring?

Compare the above to a silhouette of a modern day VTOL capable aircraft:

1552952822737.png

Last edited:

Myst

Archon
Ark Liege
Hypedration
Aug 19, 2016
The dropship looks awesome! Can't wait for more! The back thrusters seem a bit large, but I'm guessing that's to lift the huge mass that is the Omni Frame. Looks great and can't wait to play!

Oct 29, 2016
Holy hell, didn't expect you guys to move so fast.
That's a nice Omni-frame, a bit pointy to my taste, but it's nice, looks really REALLY agile or is that one of the small one that is supposed to be agile?
Could be cool if it has some effect to make it feels... heavier or something that make us feel powerful.
That dropship looks awesome, although, I kinda have a bad experience with derpship in FF being... derpy.

NightStroke

Base Commander
Base Commander
Jul 26, 2016
Awesome progress! One slight concern; I'm not sure if you guys have done camera work yet but the omniframe seems to occupy a LOT of the screen space, to the point where you can't see stuff on your omniframe's left. I think the power/size of the omniframe could still be well-encapsulated if the camera was backed up (and maybe raised slightly?) from its current position.

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
Awesome progress! One slight concern; I'm not sure if you guys have done camera work yet but the omniframe seems to occupy a LOT of the screen space, to the point where you can't see stuff on your omniframe's left. I think the power/size of the omniframe could still be well-encapsulated if the camera was backed up (and maybe raised slightly?) from its current position.
Hey there Nightstroke!

I believe the following will be helpful in answering your concern.
Here's a few words from Grummz in Discord, yesterday:

Grummz: Hey folks. Just a reminder that camera is not adjusted at all yet and all animations are temporary and sped up.

Grummz: Also omniframe textures have a bug that makes them too shiny and with bad normals. We’re fixing that too

Grummz: We just wanted to show that we have multiplayer working

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
when can we expect the playable mockup?
The answer to your question is in the AMA thread that @PlzBanMe created and added in the Questions & Answers put together by @Maven . . .

QUESTIONS ASKED BY -- bandos1234:

1. When will the game be playabel for others and how much will it cost?
2. Will there be story missions and quests?
3. How limited is the map? (size of the playabel area)
4. If the games map is going to progressivly be larger, then how will it progress? Do players have to collect resources to build somekind of a tower or a beacon that will make land area safe for players to woder around in the unknown? (thinking if the games map is going to be similar to FF's world, where most of the planet was covered in stuff that killes ppl)
5. How customisabel will your character and Omniframes be visually?
6. What kind of apilitys will there be and can you modify them in any way?
7. What kind of resource will the apilitys need to be used or is it all just going to be cooldown based?
8. Are there going to be some bosses or events that will need a big platoon of people with high tier gear for some unique rewards?
9. How will the inventory and crafting work in the game? is it going to be similar or the same like it worked in FF?
10. What was your reaction when you saw that they ruined FF?

GRUMMZ ANSWERS:

The game will be in playable mockup state, with a single THMPR mining encounter (waves of enemies type deal with a roving, fighitng THMR mech), in a few months before our KS goes live. This will be streamed by backers during the KS.

At launch there will not be any story missions or quests. This is more of game where you are out building up bases around the planet, deploying terraformers to transform Biomes, and fighting invasions that go on all the time.

We will ship the game with a handful of zone maps around 4-8 sq km in size. We roll out more zones over time.

QUESTION ASKED BY -- S3trak:
When will the Kickstarter be released?

GRUMMZ ANSWERS:

In a few months, no other details at this time.

SOURCE: https://forums.em8er.com/threads/ama-with-grummz-tomorrow-on-r-gaming-completed.1417/#post-44076

I hope that helps!

8 FOR EM-8ER :cool::cool::cool:

Jul 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Where can I go to check to make sure I am on the list to receive the playable demo? I am really looking forward to this!

Backer site shows the Tsi-Hu Hunter package "RECEIVE the M3 Playable Mockup ". Is that the one?

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Where can I go to check to make sure I am on the list to receive the playable demo? I am really looking forward to this!

Backer site shows the Tsi-Hu Hunter package "RECEIVE the M3 Playable Mockup ". Is that the one?
My guess would be the same, that shows m3 mockup on these packages
https://my.em8er.com/perks/campaign/3

- Deepscanner - [minimum to play m3 mockup]
- Terraformer
- Tsi-Hu Hunter
- Firstclaimer
- Base Commander
- Omni Ace
- Kaiju Slayer

Yes i think this is the one unless there is another mockup i have not heard of yet which i haven't hmmm
so i think is yes :D

Maven

Kaiju Slayer
Max Kahuna
Philanthropist
Jul 26, 2016

Yep. The M3 Playable Mockup in the Tsi-hu Hunter pack is the playable demo you are enquiring about.

Status
Not open for further replies.