Not open for further replies.

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
Greetings Reapers,

As mentioned in the recent Chief Chat, Grummz has asked to see your barbecue pictures! Whoever posts the one he likes best will receive a prize! What's the prize? We will find out soon enough!

So post them below, and may it be your meat that guides the way to victory!

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
I suck with being able to link. Always too large or the photo bucket (you read that right) won’t link properly.

*edit*

But I did pig shots as an early appetizer and stuffed rolled pork loin roast. If y’all want I know the recipe, feel free to ask. AA1ED216-ABD7-4703-9EF7-15E21BCDEF4E.jpeg AFAC5BDC-AAC9-40BC-8E20-6508A61B2C87.jpeg

Last edited:

truekillerstar#4280

Ark Liege
Ark Liege
May 8, 2020
Ohio, USA
I've heard that Kaiju can be very gamey.

Normally, the wife and I BBQ but recently got a smoker:
280250050_7386790514725526_2971378722936229432_n.jpg 280196148_7386790698058841_4737454289657751883_n.jpg

We made brisket and pork belly over the course of 13 hours, which filled the air with delicious meat smells. Unfortunately, the brisket ran out quickly but the pork belly got repurposed for some ramen.

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Ohhh ohhh ohhh pick me I'd like the recipe
Pig shots:

One package of smoked sausage (not kielbasa)
One pound package of thick cut bacon
One jalapeno
3/4 cup shredded cheese (your preference)
8 oz package of cream cheese
Tablespoon of dry rub (your preference)
Toothpicks

Mix the cream cheese, shredded cheese, dry rub and finely diced jalapeño. Your choice to take out seeds and membrane if you don’t want the heat. I toss about 1/4 of the seeds/membrane back in for a touch of heat. Mix well and put in the fridge.

Slice the sausage in half inch widths. Then cut the bacon in half. Best to work with the bacon within five minutes of pulling it from the fridge.

Wrap a half slice of bacon around the sausage to form your shot glass. Secure with a toothpick.

When those are done, bring your mixture back out and pipe it into the bacon cups just to the surface. Dust the tops with more dry rub and smoke (or indirect heat) on the grill anywhere from 90-110 minutes. Or until you are happy with the bacon.

I drizzle the tops with a bbq sauce for the last ten minutes of cooking. When I remove them and set them off the the side to cool, I also drizzle, lightly, honey and let the honey get that sticky tacky texture until the pig shots are cooled enough to eat.

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Stuffed/rolled pork loin:

Any size of pork loin can work, just not pork tender loin. Based on differing sizes I won’t have quantities, just an ingredient list.

Sliced Provolone cheese
Prosciutto
Spinach
Pesto sauce (best if homemade)
1 pound center cut bacon
Dry rub of choice
Apple cider vinegar in a spray bottle

The hardest part is flaying the loin. Took me a few attempts at this recipe for my knife skills to be good enough. I use a ten inch butcher knife.

Spread the pesto sauce around.
Lay out the prosciutto.
Next the provolone.
Then spinach.

Do your best to keep the stuffing in as you roll the roast. I don’t secure it.

Wrap in diagonal criss cross fashion with the bacon.
Coat heavily in dry rub. You can use a butcher twine here to secure it if you need to.

Smoker temp is at 250° for the first two hours and 45 minutes or so. I spray with the cider vinegar every 35 after the first hour and a half.

In the States we call it the Texas cheat. But in the last 45 minutes (total time around 3.5 hours depending on loin size) I move the roast onto two layers of tin foil and spray with more cider vinegar. Wrap it tight and raise the heat to 350°. Remove and let rest 15-20 minutes. Unwrap it and slice for serving.

As you can see in the pic from my first post, I use a Pit Boss pellet smoker. If you have a kettle grill, look up how to cook with indirect heat.

Attachments

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Here is my take on it none meat though

The Greenstite is native to the Kitchen biome with its green appearance of peas, beans and spinach
Greenstite.jpg

Further into our adventure we enter the Table Biome, and find a Fruitanaju guarding a power station jar of powerful K2 resources
Fruitanaju.jpg

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
Contest winner-

SALVATORE!
All praise the master of meat!

Status
Not open for further replies.