Mematron's art: other fan creations ;)

Keao

Commander
Jan 30, 2017
Wow incredible art Mematron. Your style looks like it's right out of a comic, really cool. I like the 3rd image with the Pilot in the cockpit. I really like the details of the HUD, station and planet in the background.

Feb 2, 2017
Japan
www.coroflot.com
HE PROBABLY MEAN THE BRUTAL/STRONG CONTRAST AND ALL THOSE DOTS LIKE IN THOSE OLD '80s COMICS.
I just have one question for you....... EXPLOSIONS?!

This experimental art style was necessary so that you can't tell whats real and what's not. Technically it's a combination of props, drawing, and CGI. Since no one had done it before I have no reference to help me out. I'm glad my work has never looked like anyone else, i.e., you can't tell which university I graduated from. A lot of teachers hated my ass because they couldn't grade my work against other students. It just didn't look like anyone else. It's friggin art. As artists we're suppose to be the trend and do things no one has seen before. I know people don't like that, but I rather be original.

I see a lot of good technique everywhere but the core idea is, BLEHHH. Look around and you'll see what I mean. Good ideas are hard but they should be. Good art is both. Art is execution of an original idea. Am I saying that it's not good art if it's not original? HELL YES! it's art but not good art.

That attitude is in my art and you really don't have to look too closely to get the message.

Last edited:

DiBBz

Veteran
Oct 17, 2016
Somewhere in scotland!
Please explain, the weird vibe that you got from it? You know us artists are hypersensitive?
HE PROBABLY MEAN THE BRUTAL/STRONG CONTRAST AND ALL THOSE DOTS LIKE IN THOSE OLD '80s COMICS.
nah im more or less referring to the black and white almost scan line looking art. not necessarily 80's dots or manga's screentone's

but yea sort gives of an very old elite danger cover art style. i dunno why it just does, also.... hypersensitive ?

not really in the right field of work then if you're hypersensitive to someone seeing your work :p

either that or it was an exaggeration.

Feb 2, 2017
Japan
www.coroflot.com
nah im more or less referring to the black and white almost scan line looking art. not necessarily 80's dots or manga's screentone's

but yea sort gives of an very old elite danger cover art style. i dunno why it just does, also.... hypersensitive ?

not really in the right field of work then if you're hypersensitive to someone seeing your work :p

either that or it was an exaggeration.
I'm an artist. We're all sensitive. That's how we're able to create. You know how The Flash has the Speed Force? Artists are tapped into the Creation Force. That kind of connection opens your mind to everything. Human language can't fully express what I'm referring to. But that's O.K. because I can literally show you what I mean.

For us the art that we create is just as much a part of us as your arm or your eye. It's like the connection between a mother and child. If you're not a mother then you'll never know.

I'm not hypersensitive to people seeing my work. I wrote that all artists are sensitive. It just comes with the territory.

Last edited:

DiBBz

Veteran
Oct 17, 2016
Somewhere in scotland!
I'm an artist. We're all sensitive. That's how we're able to create. You know how The Flash has the Speed Force? Artists are tapped into the Creation Force. That kind of connection opens your mind to everything. Human language can't fully express what I'm referring to. But that's O.K. because I can literally show you what I mean.

For us the art that we create is just as much a part of us as your arm or your eye. It's like the connection between a mother and child. If you're not a mother then you'll never know.

I'm not hypersensitive to people seeing my work. I wrote that all artists are sensitive. It just comes with the territory.
you on drugs ??? like speed or meth or some weird new drug thats on the market ?

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
nah im more or less referring to the black and white almost scan line looking art.
THAT WHAT I MEANT WITH THE CONTRAST.

you on drugs ??? like speed or meth or some weird new drug thats on the market ?
LEGEND SAYS PICASSO WAS FULL OF ABSINTH. AND ABSINTH AIN'T SOME ALCOS. IT'S A F*CKING DRUG.
I KNOW. BECAUSE I DRANK 2 BOTTLE OF 99.9% OF THAT SH*T. AND PULLED THE CRAZIEST SH*T OUTTA MY BIG F*CKING MOUTH.

Feb 20, 2017
its very Grimm and foreboding art style that leaves with a sense of anxiety and a second look to make sure u saw what u saw 11/10 :eek: i like it

HumanTrainingBot

D-Gater
Ark Liege
Oct 26, 2016
I got a feeling of "Wait, what am I seeing? There seems to be a story in each group of pictures, but what is it?"

There's definitely a high level of detail, but I, in my absurd lack of creativity, can't figure out what each picture shows, represents, or means.