Mematron's art: other fan creations ;)

Discussion in 'Fan art, Fanfic, and other Fan creations!' started by mematron, Feb 2, 2017.

1. mematron

mematron New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  2. neonserge

neonserge Well-Known Member

These are the pictures of the very first pilot heading to em8er?

3. Kyrozek

Kyrozek New Member

Wow incredible art Mematron. Your style looks like it's right out of a comic, really cool. I like the 3rd image with the Pilot in the cockpit. I really like the details of the HUD, station and planet in the background.

neonserge likes this.
  4. Siguza

Siguza New Member

Damn, these are impressive! :O

5. DiBBz

DiBBz Member

weird art style but hey i freaking like it :)

+1

6. mematron

mematron New Member

Please explain, the weird vibe that you got from it? You know us artists are hypersensitive?

7. Torgue_Joey

Torgue_Joey Emberite -Death Reaper

HE PROBABLY MEAN THE BRUTAL/STRONG CONTRAST AND ALL THOSE DOTS LIKE IN THOSE OLD '80s COMICS.

8. mematron

mematron New Member

I just have one question for you....... EXPLOSIONS?!

This experimental art style was necessary so that you can't tell whats real and what's not. Technically it's a combination of props, drawing, and CGI. Since no one had done it before I have no reference to help me out. I'm glad my work has never looked like anyone else, i.e., you can't tell which university I graduated from. A lot of teachers hated my ass because they couldn't grade my work against other students. It just didn't look like anyone else. It's friggin art. As artists we're suppose to be the trend and do things no one has seen before. I know people don't like that, but I rather be original.

I see a lot of good technique everywhere but the core idea is, BLEHHH. Look around and you'll see what I mean. Good ideas are hard but they should be. Good art is both. Art is execution of an original idea. Am I saying that it's not good art if it's not original? HELL YES! it's art but not good art.

That attitude is in my art and you really don't have to look too closely to get the message.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    Torgue_Joey likes this.
  9. mematron

mematron New Member

Thanks, it's from a comic ;)

10. DiBBz

DiBBz Member

nah im more or less referring to the black and white almost scan line looking art. not necessarily 80's dots or manga's screentone's

but yea sort gives of an very old elite danger cover art style. i dunno why it just does, also.... hypersensitive ?

not really in the right field of work then if you're hypersensitive to someone seeing your work :p

either that or it was an exaggeration.

11. mematron

mematron New Member

I'm an artist. We're all sensitive. That's how we're able to create. You know how The Flash has the Speed Force? Artists are tapped into the Creation Force. That kind of connection opens your mind to everything. Human language can't fully express what I'm referring to. But that's O.K. because I can literally show you what I mean.

For us the art that we create is just as much a part of us as your arm or your eye. It's like the connection between a mother and child. If you're not a mother then you'll never know.

I'm not hypersensitive to people seeing my work. I wrote that all artists are sensitive. It just comes with the territory.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  12. DiBBz

DiBBz Member

you on drugs ??? like speed or meth or some weird new drug thats on the market ?

13. neonserge

neonserge Well-Known Member

Art is just a different form of expression just like music or dance is to me that is how i see it.
    The art is very cool

14. mematron

mematron New Member

Your sentiment is what happens when creatives meet non-creatives. I think you're in the wrong thread and for that matter the wrong site for someone with such a narrow view towards art.

15. ObsoleteVodka

ObsoleteVodka Member

Very unique style you have there! The first pictures have a nice electron microscopy feel and the space themed ones, so gritty yet so sexy.

Great job indeed! :)

16. Torgue_Joey

Torgue_Joey Emberite -Death Reaper

THAT WHAT I MEANT WITH THE CONTRAST.

LEGEND SAYS PICASSO WAS FULL OF ABSINTH. AND ABSINTH AIN'T SOME ALCOS. IT'S A F*CKING DRUG.
    I KNOW. BECAUSE I DRANK 2 BOTTLE OF 99.9% OF THAT SH*T. AND PULLED THE CRAZIEST SH*T OUTTA MY BIG F*CKING MOUTH.

17. Dean Cyrus

Dean Cyrus Member

its very Grimm and foreboding art style that leaves with a sense of anxiety and a second look to make sure u saw what u saw 11/10 :eek: i like it

18. I got a feeling of "Wait, what am I seeing? There seems to be a story in each group of pictures, but what is it?"

There's definitely a high level of detail, but I, in my absurd lack of creativity, can't figure out what each picture shows, represents, or means.

19. Kouyioue

Kouyioue Active Member

Hatch_Noisy krita :D