Media package

Sy

Nov 16, 2018
sya.li
Before Kickstarter, we need to have some sort of media package which has things like:

- A one-line description
- A brief more thorough description
- Goals or things which set the game apart
- A "it's like game x and y but with z differences"
- Costs and funding model
- Art from the various aspects of the game
- How to get updates

A lot of these things are obvious to all of us, but some are quite awkward even for insiders. I just spent some time with a friend trying to describe what's unique about the game. It wasn't concise, and I'm good with words.. this has to be improved.

Help improve this list: When talking to other people, what things have you had trouble talking about or showing? What questions were you asked?

I know, for instance, that I need a "gameplay" video to point people to. I think the trailer will definitely do that, but something beforehand would be useful. I also need to have images and videos made specifically for the size limitations of free users of Discord.

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
Hmmm...this is a good point in my opine as well. Something that is perhaps available with much searching around on websites/YouTube/etc., talking, and/or listening to other Reapers currently...but...not in any one locale that's easy access. I know the website is due a redesign ahead of KS and something like this is may be planned with that. If not I believe it should be. I do know that the Em.8ER Community Team is bad ass enuff to get something like this put together. May come down to time, staffing, and resources though.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
When talking to other people, what things have you had trouble talking about or showing? What questions were you asked?
- If background image for each section related to the title, example Em8er News could have the Em8er storm lightening like news flash or just a lightening logo.
1633826790804.jpeg

Could also have something like this
topic.jpg
This way it seems less overwhelming clicking the specific topic opens a page with its sub categories.

- Also some of the videos may be very long it is good to have a synopsis version just to highlight the main update points in video form and to see the full video can be directed to the social tab.

- Since Em8er forum is the main hub for all Em8er things i'd like to see actual tab for example
Social and it would have a drop down with official sites to Em8er twitch, Em8er youtube, Em8er twitter, Em8er Discord too etc.

Aug 14, 2016
I remember in one game the devs made something like a statue in one of the starting towns with names of the backers and founders on it. Making them part of the game's lore in a since by saying that the statue was made in honor of the first people to come to that land and built a place to live.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I remember in one game the devs made something like a statue in one of the starting towns with names of the backers and founders on it. Making them part of the game's lore in a since by saying that the statue was made in honor of the first people to come to that land and built a place to live.
There should be credits for the creators of the game and the team and others too somewhere even on the website/forum

So you could have the image of the statue somewhere and then have the Horonable mentions for events and the creators, artists and proof readers, etc etc on another piece of rock

It could be like stone henge
1633947294448.jpeg

You can move them across and each rock would have different mentions from the first reapers to the creators of the game to the first take down of a kaiju etc etc etc

rockofhonor.jpg
Since there may be many kinds of rocks with its own honor from events, machinima, Music, etc etc etc
Its like a place to thank all who have taken part no matter how big or small.