Votes: 2 9.5%
  • I'll let you know once i played ember ....thanks o.O

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters

NitroMidgets

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Jul 27, 2016
Dupont, WA
It depends on the game. I've seen them done nicely and done in a manner that the designer should be stomped to death by one.
I'll let you know when I play one in this game.

Edit: My wife took up competition shooting so there's no way I would have voted option 1.

Last edited:

Vedemin

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
Damn I hate mechs :( However that MEK-A may make me happier about them. I'd like to get a thumper however, a bonus way of solo resource gathering :)

The thumping mechs should definitely be customizable with different defensive and offensive capabilities, as well as appearance. Color, patterns, symbols. Bearing the crest of a particular faction or a player's own preference, so others more familiar with each other could readily tell who's mech they just ran into. Or the mechs could share their owner's visuals, for simplicity.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
The thumping mechs should definitely be customizable with different defensive and offensive capabilities, as well as appearance. Color, patterns, symbols. Bearing the crest of a particular faction or a player's own preference, so others more familiar with each other could readily tell who's mech they just ran into. Or the mechs could share their owner's visuals, for simplicity.
Could see that happening with army flags/logos, custom colours for ranks or just wacky illuminating colours a fluorescent thumper mech easier to spot & soo bright the creatures would be overwhelmed with joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about the size of the mech with regards to avatar size or depending on the mech type.
E.g

(These names are just for description purposes :D)

1) Midget mech for snooping and butt stabbing very light very small very annoying it lacks health.
2) Giraffe mech for artillery and long range AOE punisher, but can be spotted with its elongated frame.
3) Spider mech makes traps with synthetic mesh and deploys acid shots to eat up armor, high mobility but targeting limbs are its weakness.
4) Peeka boo mole mech can dig holes in the ground and slap you.. then go back underground, thumper hammers can slow them!
5) Mine pooper mech sole purpose to lay mines thats it :O it is slower due to the amount of mines in its storage tank
6) Tri-mech a slow mech for 3 people this is a heavy tank mech 1 pilot controls movement, other pilots for weapons
7) Armadillo mech rolls in a ball and does massive knock back damage attacks but lacks armor unless in armadillo ball shape.
8) Shapeshifter mech can change into e.g. a sandwich & other things but if you see this sandwich move KILL IT!
9) chainsaw mech it chops very fast but no good long range capability
10) POWER mech it supplies power and its very fat protect it please it is slow and gives much power for all!
11) Octo mech it swims and wraps its tentacles spewing ink to inhibit tracking/sight O.O has less bonus points on land
12) Kangaroo mech overcharged jumpjets has a pocket for a midget mech to bounce high and deploy midget mech from above lacks heavy weaponary
13) Big DADDY mech the daddy of all mechs has 1 huge rocket high stun capability rocket charge time is longer
14) star mech glows so bright special edition get it and be a star nothing special just looks amazing :D

what other mechs can you think of hmmmmmmmmmmmmm??

Rocket

Max Kahuna
Max Kahina
Jul 26, 2016
Australia
The thumping mechs should definitely be customizable with different defensive and offensive capabilities, as well as ...
Let's bring choice into it. How about customizable with different defensive OR offensive OR mining capabilities ...

Make players choose. Make them choose according to the local threats the mining Mech faces.

Lot's of AOE? Lets go offensive. Lot's of direct damage? Lets go defensive. Most awesome Reaper squad ever? Lets go for gold. Never mined here before? Well. Do you feel lucky punk? Do you?

Could see that happening with army flags/logos, custom colours for ranks or just wacky illuminating colours a fluorescent thumper mech easier to spot & soo bright the creatures would be overwhelmed with joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about the size of the mech with regards to avatar size or depending on the mech type.
E.g

(These names are just for description purposes :D)

1) Midget mech for snooping and butt stabbing very light very small very annoying it lacks health.
2) Giraffe mech for artillery and long range AOE punisher, but can be spotted with its elongated frame.
3) Spider mech makes traps with synthetic mesh and deploys acid shots to eat up armor, high mobility but targeting limbs are its weakness.
4) Peeka boo mole mech can dig holes in the ground and slap you.. then go back underground, thumper hammers can slow them!
5) Mine pooper mech sole purpose to lay mines thats it :O it is slower due to the amount of mines in its storage tank
6) Tri-mech a slow mech for 3 people this is a heavy tank mech 1 pilot controls movement, other pilots for weapons
7) Armadillo mech rolls in a ball and does massive knock back damage attacks but lacks armor unless in armadillo ball shape.
8) Shapeshifter mech can change into e.g. a sandwich & other things but if you see this sandwich move KILL IT!
9) chainsaw mech it chops very fast but no good long range capability
10) POWER mech it supplies power and its very fat protect it please it is slow and gives much power for all!
11) Octo mech it swims and wraps its tentacles spewing ink to inhibit tracking/sight O.O has less bonus points on land
12) Kangaroo mech overcharged jumpjets has a pocket for a midget mech to bounce high and deploy midget mech from above lacks heavy weaponary
13) Big DADDY mech the daddy of all mechs has 1 huge rocket high stun capability rocket charge time is longer
14) star mech glows so bright special edition get it and be a star nothing special just looks amazing :D

what other mechs can you think of hmmmmmmmmmmmmm??
Actually, joking aside, having mechs resemble different types of creature, depending on the terrain or what enemies they might face and how durable or mobile they need to be, would bring incredible versatility for thumping in groups, especially. One player could have a spider mech that could attach itself to vertical surfaces and even ceilings to be out of reach for certain creatures, while another player with a behemoth mech could play bouncer on the ground and a third player with a uh...grasshopper? mech could play crowd control, hopping around deploying mines and traps...etc, while thumping with every hop. Sniper mechs. Assault-type mechs. Defensive mechs. Mobile fortresses.

Fryepod

Jul 26, 2016
Hudson Valley, NY
The first video game I ever played was Mechwarrior 2. The first series of books i ever deliberately read for entertainment were battletech/mechwarrior.

So in my opinion *a bit* of Mecha is awesome for me to see, but I don't think i'd want them playing too big of a role in the Universe outside resourcing if that's the first concept for them so far.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
The first video game I ever played was Mechwarrior 2. The first series of books i ever deliberately read for entertainment were battletech/mechwarrior.

So in my opinion *a bit* of Mecha is awesome for me to see, but I don't think i'd want them playing too big of a role in the Universe outside resourcing if that's the first concept for them so far.
Mechwarrior2 was fun can see what you mean although i always thought mechs would of been used in ff for example going through the melding or even areas that were more difficult to get to.

It could be an option, personally i'd go and grab a mech and go into the unknown. Some might prefer faster vehicles like hoverbikes or Light personal carriers etc. Given the choice to the player for their playstyle some might prefer going on foot/ jetpacks and improve on its stats or others might want mechs and improve on that or use a vehicle type light/medium/heavy depending how much armor/speed the vehicle can do, even how much it can carry. So it is situational depending on what you encounter and also the preference of the player too.

Just what i think but hey i do love my mechs :)