March 03, 2021: Impromptu Chief Chat Notes - "Nizuul is back, back again as a full-time dev, and he promises not to rap!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
UPDATE FROM WEDNESDAY, MARCH 3, 2021
Update via Impromptu Chief Chat in Discord:

Impromptu Chief Chat Brief Summary (part 1):
► New Animator (Firefall cinematic used as reference for bunny model animation) (no name given)
► Coming up next, Basic Combat Demo, the Tsi-Hu will have the ability to shoot back.
► Hub Demo is still a work in-progress; Grummz mentioned he underestimated character art.
► New male skin drops on the 15th of this month!
► Nizuul is back again as a full-time dev!
► HarryPearce is working with Nizuul on enemy AI
► Tibbers will be in game!
► Improvements are being made on bunny dance animation (facial, rooting to floor better, etc.)
► Official YouTube channel will now be updated by Nethril, who also works on the Em-8ER novel and short stories.
► The "Abby" skin (Miss October 2019) won the "Miss Em-8er Waifu 2021 Contest"!
Impromptu Chief Chat Brief Summary (part 2):

GrummzTwitter OP-AI_03-MAR-2021-ss.png

Impromptu Chief Chat Brief Summary (part 3):

NewMale+Geesuit v1_03-MAR-2021.jpg

Fun Updates from the Impromptu Chief Chat:
► HarryPearce confirmed he eats ketchup sandwiches.
► It took $500K (USD) for the OG Firefall cinematic

Here is the Firefall Cinematic Trailer; time stamp plays "Slide animation" at 1 minute, 57 seconds:
https://youtu.be/-XEmZsDNCkQ?t=117

Bunny suit model "Slide animation":
Em8erBunnySlidingAnimation.gif

Original Impromptu Chief Chat Brief Summary statement:
► Hub Demo is still a work in-progress; Grummz mentioned he underestimated character art.

Details on that statement...
Direct from Grummz during the Impromptu Chief Chat on Wednesday, March 3, 2021:
The HUB demo is going to take a while because the characters are taking a lot longer.
I have the final female version now; we're running through final checks on it.
We had to basically make a whole nother pass on the female.
I wanted to improve the deformation and I wanted to add the face rigging and everything else. So that's taking a while to do.
Then we have to get the male in there; and they both have to have geesuits/clothes, otherwise it would be just the female in the bunny outfit for those who have it and that just wouldn't work.
So I can't give you an ETA on the HUB until those characters are signed off on.
--------

QUESTION: Did the social level go back to the drawing board?

Grummz:
In a way it did. This is my fault.
I completely underestimated the amount of work it takes to get all the characters we needed ready for the HUB.
Not just one because we have to have the male too and we have to have the geesuits.
The art assets are still in-progress.
The actual code to get something walking around a level is not hard, right? We have that.
But, getting the characters prepped is taking a while.

Last edited:

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
Excellent write up! Will we be seeing more of these? Thanks!
Why thank you!! :cool: I would like to point out, these Brief Summary Chief Chat Notes are made possible because of our Community Team's effort!! :):):)

And yes indeed there will be more to come SOON™!! Over the next few days, I'll be adding more posts (as time allows) from March 2021, April 2021, and May 2021 Chief Chats.

Now Reapers will be able to find the Brief Summary's Updates from Chief Chats both here AND in the #general-updates channel in the Official Em-8er Discord!!

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Nizuul is back again as a full-time dev!
Team Crixa finally a full timer :cool:

New male skin drops on the 15th of this month!
They say husbando's are always late its that traffic jam again, but at least your arriving!
Looks solid even snake would be... wait sounds strange saying that, i meant solid snake from mgs thats what i meant :D

HarryPearce is working with Nizuul on enemy AI
With Harry & Nuzuul poking the enemy A.I we Reapers got to be on high alert !!!

Tibbers will be in game!
I am looking forward to Tibbers popping on my screen random moments & at the safe zone you are greeted by tibbers who just walks around. Between us you do know Tibbers is offically a high ranking Reaper no one would even know that unless the A.I can translate cat speak!

It took $500K (USD) for the OG Firefall cinematic
! ahh its time to poke the film stars heard some love the games, then we can have film star reapers in a persistent evolving battle where filmstars, workaholics, athletes and oap's etc take form of heroic Reapers somewhere in the world and Tibbers would be dreaming about this suddenly waking up from a power nap!

Here is the Firefall Cinematic Trailer; time stamp plays "Slide animation" at 1 minute, 57 seconds:
https://youtu.be/-XEmZsDNCkQ?t=117

Bunny suit model "Slide animation":
Imagine if you could do the same but have a drop kick action to knock them back, then grapple to a point whizz across, slide past tsihu and then pewpewpew and the tsihu aaaaarg sound. Looking all pleased as you lay for a moment then turn around and notice :mad: Kaiju tapping your shoulder with its tail.

Now Reapers will be able to find the Brief Summary's Updates from Chief Chats both here AND in the #general-updates channel in the Official Em-8er Discord!!
:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.