Maps as pack rewards

Aetrion

Oct 12, 2019
I brought this up today during the stream discussing possible pack rewards, and I wanted to make sure that it was properly understood what I was talking about.

My idea was something like a "treasure map" that leads to special locations in the world. People thought that I meant that you would get some kind of unique treasure for finding those locations.

What I actually meant was that there is a plan to simulate an entire planet in Em8er, which means there will be a LOT of terrain, and the vast majority of it will be unknown when the game starts. People have to terraform it, fight off Kaiju attacks etc.

So that means there is plenty of opportunity to fill the map with hidden things. For example there could be locations that have particularly good mining rates for certain resources, or areas that have unique landmarks, or areas where bases get some kind of special bonus etc.

All of these areas can be discovered by the player base naturally as they explore the planet, but founder packs could include a hint for some of them, or even rough coordinates. That way founders will have the benefit of being expedition leaders and being able to go out and discover hidden stuff in the world, but since all of that stuff will be discovered by someone at some point eventually anyways it's not really a pay to win feature, it just gives them a leg up on being the first to a discovery in the game.

If there are a few hundred special areas on the planet and someone with a higher founder pack gets the location of one of them they can be the person to discover it for everyone else essentially.

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Another thought what if we get unlocks by hitting a sale of X number of packs depending on the total number. The higher you go the better it unlocks things for the community and it is a way for them to contribute to the Em8er world.

As an example

Sale of X number of packs unlocks Em8er Sound Stryke
This would enable the community member to create sound effects and even music.

Sale of XX number of packs unlocks Em8er Armor kit to create e.g. Kaiju Armor etc
This would enable the community to creator their own style of armor including above.

Sale of XXX number of packs unlocks all above and Em8er Map creator

With this the community could create interesting and out of this world Sound/Armor/maps to the existing one's.

These could be:

Sound
- Effects of various death sounds
- Effect of creatures
- Specific size music clips for Em8er Sound Stryke hitting your ears from your favorite Bross Boss to community musicians, and even music Bands.

Armor
- Unisex themed Armor
- Special theme unlock Armor for a certain Biome
- Armor for pets / Mounts
- Tsihu Alternate Nightmare armor

Map
- Part of a biome or full biome
- Areas of secret regions beyond the gates
- Strange Kaiju / tsihu environments
- Various themed e.g Anti gravity virtual map within the Op - A.I's mainframe etc

This could add more content and idea flow, which would be voted by the community and then given green light by the Dev's and checked before implemented as a future part of the game.

Here's some ideas for pack names e.g

- Tornado Pack
- Storm pack
- Cobra pack
- Spite fire pack
- Super Em8rio 80 Pack (mario reborn sent to em8er with 80bits Synth wave)
- Raptor Pack
- Rocketeer Pack
- Sticky Jam pack (When things get chaotic you need sticky jam)

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
Reminds me of the mending in Firefall. That was always great fun pushing it back for a limited about l amount of time, which was also higher risk and reward.

I do like funding goals. The only thing is it may pressure people to spend more. But if everyone is able to unlock it for free in-game I think people would be okay with it

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Reminds me of the mending in Firefall. That was always great fun pushing it back for a limited about l amount of time, which was also higher risk and reward.

I do like funding goals. The only thing is it may pressure people to spend more. But if everyone is able to unlock it for free in-game I think people would be okay with it
the melding repulsors in Firefall were great for the people who played the most. Not a money aspect for who can access what. But the resources harvested through playing time, set at a global participation amount, allows all to chip in and access “secrets”. Rewarding those who invest time into the game and reward those who explore the world. Easy to implement and balance. Lots of risk/reward gameplay.

Sy

Nov 16, 2018
sya.li
So that means there is plenty of opportunity to fill the map with hidden things. For example there could be locations that have particularly good mining rates for certain resources, or areas that have unique landmarks, or areas where bases get some kind of special bonus etc.
It was regrettable that the additional content was not placed in Firefall's melding as was desired.