low-effort help needed for an undeniably virtuous, but for now vague purpose

Status
Not open for further replies.

ble003

Commander
Aug 7, 2016
ble003 walk home, not bike home. thus ble003 notice litter and ble003 pissed and find good line. ble003 need chaotic good and chaotic evil people for thing for line for school. viewers need to see morals quick! is good and selfless.

screw the hand thing, even if it'd look good it'd muddy the message.

Last edited:

Sn0wfIak3

Jul 27, 2016
If i get the basic concept of "chaotic good" right, i think the best place to start would be Peter Pan and Captain Hook.

His reference to Greek mythology is kinda telling of his true nature.

http://easydamus.com/chaoticgood.html

(Sh*t. All that read makes want to do is throw a garbage can into a corporate window yelling "ANARCHY!!!")

http://easydamus.com/chaoticevil.html

I do love these kind of reads. It reminds me of echoism vs narcissism. Echoism is seeing yourself as an extension of others, while narcissism is seeing others as an extension of yourself. Basically.

In that regard, Peter Pan was more of a narcissist. It's a spectrum imo, of course but still.
(Han Solo's "I know" reaction to Leia, as perfect example)

Last edited:

Sn0wfIak3

Jul 27, 2016
Chaotic good and chaotic evil. Thank you.

This helped me a lot in my own inner debate that has been going on for a while now.

ble003

Commander
Aug 7, 2016
removed the purple from the op. this is a genuine request.

also i apparently gave snow an epiphany. i do that. note that while the law-chaos/good-evil alignment system may have made you realize something, i can assign neither myself or any character i'm currently working with to any space on that grid covering less than four squares. it's an extreme abstraction.

also, surprised there was no jesus/satan. i had arguments against that ready.

purple for posterity:
i am in need of entities that are undeniably and obviously chaotic good and chaotic evil, that are well-known and can be recognized by only their manipulation-appendage. preferably in good/evil pairs. this is for an undeniably virtuous, but for now vague purpose. i'll show when i'm done.

Last edited:

Sn0wfIak3

Jul 27, 2016
Apparently i did something wrong again. It is extremely abstract but i like the idea though. i see everything more as a spectrum. This is also why i keep my mouth shut irl.

I like the concepts. I've never heard of them before. I still stand by Peter Pan and Captain Hook. Your argument being on Lucifer and Jesus towards potentially being the same person, as he's often repeatedly depicted in mythology as the "phoenix". Am i close?

I liked the idea, it was fun to think about.

ble003

Commander
Aug 7, 2016
Apparently i did something wrong again. It is extremely abstract but i like the idea though. i see everything more as a spectrum. This is also why i keep my mouth shut irl.

I like the concepts. I've never heard of them before. I still stand by Peter Pan and Captain Hook. Your argument being on Lucifer and Jesus towards potentially being the same person, as he's often repeatedly depicted in mythology as the "phoenix". Am i close?

I liked the idea, it was fun to think about.
i am simply a person to whom being the voice of opposition comes easily. like i started investigating the "grounding" thing you posted in nonsense in order to challenge you on it if you were serious, then decided from the context you probably aren't. i consider segments of the views you have shown to be either metaphors or bullshit, and i'm not good with metaphors. spectrums are good, i'm on spectrums.
also a lot of the things you've said about your initial problems and the way society got helping wrong make it impossible for me to not draw parallells to my own mother.

in this case, editing was a response to the others, and the giving epiphanies joke was intended to be entirely at my own expense. the rest was a concerned/disclaiming "don't let this run away with you"

by the way, do you have much knowledge about more mainstream psychology? such as might, in fact, be taught as angles of attack to be considered, in yonder norwegian psychology class? in particular the spectrums made me think of the big five personality-model. which just now made me think about using the big five to model character behaviour. but enough of that.

the phoenix-thing i've never heard of. it's simply that these opposed characters from christianity were something that came to me early in my thoughts, then i realized:
jesus can be basically anywhere good or morally neutral
as the changer of the old law or bringer of the new law, or as a revolutionary who faked divinity to get credibility.

and satan can be at least two steps removed from chaotic evil.
the chaotic evil torturer, the chaotic good revolutionary, the lawful evil contract-devil.

so they don't fit my purposes.

peter pan i have no great ties to, i don't know the plot. i remember seeing small parts of the disney film running in the background of a children's party, and a running gag from homestuck. that's mostly it. what i've read about the characters makes them seem actually fairly ok for what i need if i go with the disney versions. they are well-known and have recognizable appearances. the child vs mean fop flavours of chaotic good and evil are acceptable, but not perfect. perfect is rebel vs monstrous.

Sn0wfIak3

Jul 27, 2016
Just to give you a tap in the right direction. The grounding stuff is no different from mindfulness. It's the same thing. Ground your consciousness in your body. Make your higher brain work less during the day to day life, make your central nervous system take over more.

Only the techniques are different but mindfulness is currently pretty backed up by science and i bet once you saw that as ludicrous.

heh.... as much as i understand it they are just like "fuck this shit i gonna do my own thing"
But, well, heres something that my help:

The Ten Chaotic Good Commandments
1. You shall lie in the pursuit of goodness.

2. You shall not harm the innocent.

3. You shall not murder.

4. You shall help the needy.

5. You shall honor those who promote freedom and goodness.

6. You shall break the law in pursuit of goodness.

7. You shall not betray others.

8. You shall avenge the acts of evil-doers and enemies of freedom.

9. You shall not place duty above personal desire to do good.

10. You shall seek unlimited good for others and freedom in society.

The Chaotic Evil Code
1. You shall lie whenever convenient.

2. You shall harm the innocent whenever convenient.

3. You shall kill for pleasure.

4. You shall not aid the weak.

5. You shall not honor any other before yourself.

6. You shall break the law whenever convenient.

7. You shall betray friends, family, community, and nation whenever convenient.

8. You shall harm those who protect the weak or honor laws.

9. You shall pursue all forms of pleasure.

10. You shall seek unlimited power over others and unlimited freedom for yourself.

but something that is kinda strange is the sin to fail to pursue new forms of pleasure...
welp...

ble003

Commander
Aug 7, 2016
So I kinda bit off more than I could be bothered to chew at the time, both with this project and this response, then holidays and my first steam Christmas sale happened.
though the parrot is actually fine and sounds like he's ASMR-ing to the track.

so, back to what this thread is actually about. only one person has understood and given a helpful response. I may need to modify the final product if understanding the concept of the alignment grid is this rare, which seems to be the case. i mean that knowledge is probably disproportionately common here.

NUN AND OTHER LESS SPECIFICALLY CONFUSED PEOPLE, i understand multiple different interpretations of the grid. what i need is people who exemplify the extremes of chaotic evil and chaotic good, are recognizable and likely to be known by random people. Hook and Pan are ok for now, but i realized after they were suggested that the best aspects of those alignments for my project are those of the CG rebel and the CE monster.
ctrl-f "purple for posterity" on this page for the loquacious version of the op btw.

SNOW, googled "bioenergetic therapy and grounding", the following will be my thoughts about the three first pages. Then I look at a few scholarly articles.

the first result explains:

developed by alexander lowen. wikipediaed him. he got pretty old. His organization has “over 1500” members, but that was years ago. Might be bigger now. Thousands isn’t really that impressive, though. Not that size is an indication of truth. He has a bachelor in science, and trained under Wilhelm reich. Reich has a pretty long page: he believed in metaphysics and I also find him disagreeable on many other counts.

Mind and body interact both ways, I agree.

Psychological stress causes physical tension in the body, where this physical tension is defines your posture and the default ways in which you move. I can accept that it plays in.

The analyst looks at these patterns of constriction, helps the patient release them and thus release and explore repressed memories. What.

This apparently helps.

It then suggests some exercises:

Kicking: apparently literally magic.

Making a crying-sound into a rolled-up blanket.

Grounding: a specific exercise where you stand and lean your upper body forwards to touch the ground for a while.

The second result includes the string

“we want to really bring in the energy of the ground to receive that electric energy so that it can drain out of our body and that we can use it in a way to feel empowered and centered and strong rather than spinning in a loop”​

the third result includes the string

"Energy and life stops when judgements are made. Energy flows begin when relational connections are made, since all energetic flows are circular and involve exchanges with someone or something."​

as well as

"When you are grounded, you are connecting to the Earth — physically, emotionally, electromagnetically, and energetically. Grounding means that you are literally exchanging energy with the planet under your feet and you are both nourishing and being nourished through that connection. The human body has a longitudinal energy flow that reflects the condition that we are creatures of both Earth and Heaven. We stand on the Earth and below the heavens — our energies connect to what is above and below us, and we have energy centers that serve the connection to both of these sources of energy."​

This is bullshit or metaphor. it’s also pretty close to what reich believed. these last two sources have now discredited themselves in my eyes.

Scholarly articles show evidence it works, but not evidence for the metaphysical aspects of it. There’s one about how there are none. together this basically confirms my first impression. my feelings on mindfulness are about the same: specifically training concentration is probably healthy or at least helpful, and you've helped me start doing so. that doesn't mean buddhism is true.

Sn0wfIak3

Jul 27, 2016
Yeah, i try to shy away from metaphysical aspects of it as well.
But it's still cool being able to connect basic psychology/psychotherapy to ancient mysticism imo.

If for no other reason than to fight nihilism.

Status
Not open for further replies.