LORE FEEDBACK THREAD: Gatestriders Novel chapters 1 through 7

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
Greetings Reapers,
Just yesterday we dropped updated versions of the Gatestrider novel chapters 1 through 7.
They are available for EVERYONE! You can download them right now!

Be sure you're logged into your account and go to: https://my.em8er.com/downloads
It will be under its own section "Gatestriders Novel Preview" at the bottom of your Downloads page.
There will be three 3 links are for ePub, Kindle, and PDF respectively. So choose your preferred way to read it!

Have you read them yet? If you haven't what are you waiting for? If you have well what do you think?
Are you fascinated by the characters and world?
Are you mesmerized by the action and adventure?
Are you curious about the ins and outs of the technology?

SPOILER WARNING: The discussion below will be about seven chapters of the novel.
There will most definitely be some spoilers below so I would advise not going on to the next post until after you've read the chapters and experienced the first time for yourself!

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
When the novel is finished it would be awesome to be able to buy a hardcover SIGNED by Grummz!
Also Nethril for his editing skills.

The novel has been great so far, and the edit that was done really helped the readability and cleaned it up nicely. Vena where? Fabric do they know? Highly recommend joining the Monthly Patron, if not for the skins, for the plot (but the story plot, not the skins plot).

Sy

Nov 16, 2018
sya.li
Have you read them yet? If you haven't what are you waiting for? If you have well what do you think?
Are you fascinated by the characters and world?
Are you mesmerized by the action and adventure?
Are you curious about the ins and outs of the technology?
Two chapters in, I'm confused about a couple of aspects of technology and feel that some of the background explanation is thin, awkward, and late.

Am I already able to give feedback? I thought there was an edit pass which happened, but I found a few basic problems with the text and some grammar.

but the story plot, not the skins plot
Skins could have plot.

I tried out the game SCARLET NEXUS, and in it was a thing similar to the Fabric. The characters were linked through some virtual stuff that they could use to communicate, hearing each other's thought or something. And you got all sort of text messages from them.

I wonder how much the developers (or we as fans) can do with this Fabric thing, how else could it manifest, combined with the HUD. Comms, additional HUD elements, tracking, environment analysis, hacking. What will be its yet untapped potential. Its dangers.

zabernat#1238

Omega Founder
Ark Liege
Oct 17, 2019
Someone please tell me Grummz and Nethril left self inserts as background characters somewhere in the novel.. or plan to