Lore Drop: Em-8ER history. Chief Chat this Saturday at 2pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astro

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
Hey everyone. The long history of humanity that lead up to Em-8ER is now posted on the blog:

https://em8er.com/lore-drop-em-8er/

I'll be hosting a Chief Chat at 2pm on Discord tomorrow, Saturday the 25th. I hope to be on voice for this!
YAY! Productivity for the rest of my day at work = 0% chance.

And is that a new art piece or pre-existing from Crixa?!
Edit: Turns out, via reading the lore, those are the Terraforming machines!

Edit: Just finished reading the lore! Very well done, and I am exceptionally pleased with it. Looking forward to learning more!

Last edited:

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kahuna M.A.X.
Sep 6, 2016
critic:
opened the page at 2345 in the dead of the night. It's black font on white background. ruaaaAARGH. [video]
And the two coloumn layout is especially annoying.

Feb 12, 2017
Yeah sorry not really feeling it. The alt history felt out of place and unneeded and I quickly got too bored to read it all, just skipping large blocks of text to random bits. Call it unfair but that's genuinely how disinterested it made me. So yeah, sorry.

Meower

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 27, 2016
Lore isn't for everyone. It's always subjective. Don't worry, you won't hurt my feelings if you don't "feel" it. :) I'm just glad to have gotten it out there for both Crixa and Em-8ER.
Legit just read the whole thing and fell in love. I am so excited to see some of the atmospheric melding bubbles and everything else start to wrap in as far as lore goes.

I read the Orson Scott Card lore and that was pretty good too. Definitely into this stuff, and I am really really excited to see where this is going.

Amazing job!!!

Feb 20, 2017
:O that was well worth the wait giving me a hunger of wanting more i really like this alternate timeline kinda stuf with a twist now its making me want to play it even more well done and good work on the lore and i await to see whats next and take a good rest u earned it :D.

Jul 26, 2016
found some typos in the last paragraph, like «Tsi-Uh» instead of «Tsi-Hu», not a big of a deal but still you rather fix ‘em I guess

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
The lore makes it like a cool movie as i read on even though i would of preferred some pictures
there was a lot of writing !!!

what i have found out is:

- Hitler is crazier than ever!
- The Enshigi sound like mysterious high-tech jerks
- The omega frontier aka gatesrider have mechs & are tough survivalist
- The tishu are territorial and annoyed but are they bigger jerks than the Enshigi? hmmm

- "Great parties were thrown for well over a decade as new gates were opened and new colonies re-connected with each other. There were tall, frail giants from low-gravity worlds, stout ones from high gravity planets, humans who had symbiotic relationships with local life forms, and those that had adapted in even stranger ways to their local worlds".

Does that mean i can be alien looking in appearance than a standard human hmm i hope so!

- "The story will be told in series of episodes that will, if the game is successful, be updated regularly after the game launches. Each episode will have new territory to conquer and new data to collect on mankind’s “first contact” with the Tsi-Hu".

I am excited by this i wonder if the tsi-hu are the future self of the Enshigi hmmm!

Contact steven spielberg lets make it a movie ^^

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Can we by chance fix the "-142f = -62c? -62c is actually only -80f which by the way is still damn cold!!!

Jul 26, 2016
Switzerland
darkcisum.com
I really enjoyed the story, can't wait for more! :)

Found a few typos while reading, but I guess they'll run unnoticed just posted on Discord, so here we go:
  • "though D-shift gates" -> through
  • "the planet, it's resources" -> its
  • "deadly atomic payload, struck Omaha in Normandy" -> Makes it sound like Omaha was a real place, but instead it was just a code name
  • "close to the Fuhrer" -> Führer
  • "originating from the probes themselves, relayed an ominous waring:" -> warning
  • "discovered them first, a new months after the techs " -> few
  • "They enemy would come in waves, materializing" -> The
Btw. the scroll speed on the website is unusable (on my touchpad). It would skip entire pages, making it impossible to scroll to the next paragraph.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Hmmm, anybody know how to adjust scroll speed on website? Is that under HTML control?

Status
Not open for further replies.