Not open for further replies.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
only use ms paint and usually all jagged edges and not smooth.
want to have a tidy looking logo to be used for websites any advice on what to use or who could help?

NoahDVS

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
Here's a quick attempt at turning one of your logos into an SVG. I used Inkscape's "Trace bitmap" function and a little bit of manual editing. It's not a 1:1 conversion, but it's fairly close. I chose this image because I knew it would convert better than the others.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gwyyfx4kimaaan0/PGP1clean2.svg?dl=0
The preview image from dropbox is not the SVG itself, just a rendering of it.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Here's a quick attempt at turning one of your logos into an SVG. I used Inkscape's "Trace bitmap" function and a little bit of manual editing. It's not a 1:1 conversion, but it's fairly close. I chose this image because I knew it would convert better than the others.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gwyyfx4kimaaan0/PGP1clean2.svg?dl=0
The preview image from dropbox is not the SVG itself, just a rendering of it.

wow that looks way more tidy
thanks

NoahDVS

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
I couldn't put the svg file here so its a png instead but it looks better i think?
Those look great! You're way better than me, yet you just picked it up and you've been using MS paint the whole time until now?
You need to put the SVGs in a zip file or upload them to another website and link them here. BTW, you can make animated SVGs or make SVGs by coding (open one up in a text editor).

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
thanks to you lot never would of heard about all these new stuff this inkscape is great!
i guess i have to register to upload to a certain site wonder why svg cannot be uploaded here?

animated svg's sounds really cool but i wouldnt have a clue where to start on that
i had some ideas for animations on these logo

example on the cloud logo the tracks actually moving and the person running, the panda one would have a change of facial expression to the change of hat colour that is green, and with the kinetic one wanted the e to be a plain clear e and then be blasted out, and for the controller the directional buttons pop out of the controller and fly off with a smiley face

NoahDVS

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
thanks to you lot never would of heard about all these new stuff this inkscape is great!
i guess i have to register to upload to a certain site wonder why svg cannot be uploaded here?

animated svg's sounds really cool but i wouldnt have a clue where to start on that
i had some ideas for animations on these logo

example on the cloud logo the tracks actually moving and the person running, the panda one would have a change of facial expression to the change of hat colour that is green, and with the kinetic one wanted the e to be a plain clear e and then be blasted out, and for the controller the directional buttons pop out of the controller and fly off with a smiley face
SVGs cannot be uploaded directly because this website only allows you to directly upload Zip, txt, PDF, PNG, JPEG and GIF files. The only reason I can think of that someone might block other kinds of files is for security, but I'm pretty sure you can still do harm with image files and PDFs. I think it was only maybe two years ago that there was a vulnerability in some Source engine games that allowed people to transmit malware through in game sprays. The funny thing is I can link malware from other websites should I choose to do so anyway.

You can still put your SVGs in a ZIP file though. If you'd rather link to them directly, surely you have a Google account? If so, you can just upload them to Google Drive and link them here.

Also, I'd avoid using animations for screens that are not temporary, not for entertainment or not meant to convey information through an animation. For instance, use an animation to show that something is loading or to explain the water cycle, but don't use an animation that plays all the time on every page. It's distracting for desktop users and it can be taxing on old or low end smartphones.

As for making animated SVGs, I've never tried to do it, but they look pretty sweet. It's just something to look into if you find it interesting.

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Those crazy malwares!!! i am sure the vulnerability is fixed by now though right?

I don't have google drive or anything like that i just have an email!

Ah yes i noticed sites having a loading animation those look great.
Good point on the logo animation i'd hate to make the experience worst
its figuring out how to make it look nice but not overly done

i'll look into this animated svg soon enough, like to make sure everything is nice
and tidy before moving on.

zip yes here it is zipped up thanks again

Attachments

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Nice work man. Yeah, people can't afford to pay $1,400 for CS so alternatives come up. I follow Borodante on YT and he looks at alternative programs for digital art. He has tutorials for making art, and really it's very easy to create once you understand.

https://www.youtube.com/user/dante88s
I am still learning a load of stuff mostly by accident :D and asking
so many amazing art work out there very inspiring

thanks for the help i'll certainly look at this link too

Status
Not open for further replies.