[LATEST] Pilot Omniframe Demo is now LIVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
I can't confirm if this works because I only managed to perform it once, but hopefully someone can experiment and get video proof of this (I haven't been able to replicate it yet).

Unlimited Thruster Energy Process:
> Find an area when two vertices meet at a sharp angle (standing there should cause you to fall endlessly)
Note: You should be able to "slide" on the vertex, but not onto an area where you can stand.
> Deepstrike. This should not go off. If it goes off above your head, it will use your Deepstrike charge and you'll have to try again.
> You should now be falling with the Deepstrike sound effect and a glowing trail on your wings.
> When Deepstrike is recharged, activate it again, then Afterburner up (do not touch the ground), then glide, then thrust.
What should happen? When you Deepstrike the second time, you should shoot up, but it'll rubber band up and down a little. You're using the Afterburner to get away from the ground as your thrusters may not work correctly. I don't think the glider is required but it can help get you away from the coral. Your thruster energy /might/ not decrease while thrusting. In my only experience, you thrust at normal speed however the sound effect is similar to the last unlimited thruster energy bug. I was only able to do this once after about half an hour of attempting this.
What happens next? When you let go of Spacebar, it'll stop working and you'll Deepstrike towards the ground (expending your built-up charge).

I can only speculate that the game thinks you're still on the ground somehow. My only evidence of this is that in first-person view, the model is still walking (in third-person, your animations are normal).

This should work in any location where you can meet the first condition. The smaller coral seems to be best.

Special thanks to Gigabear for the bug post earlier that lead me to try this.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2020
**things i didn't like**
screen shaking on rifle fire
rifle bullet animations don't match the sound (the gun animations match the sound tho)
drastic + multi-directional aim recoil on the rifle (it's okay on the orb blaster)
sound of the machine gun
sound of the jetpack activating (not the glider) kinda sounds like a stapler drowned out, can maybe just lower volume on it
the launch pad didn't get off screen after pressing another key (and not putting it down)

**things i really liked**
all movement felt good
thought i wouldn't like the mechs replacing humans but wasn't an issue (i liked the human aspect to FF)
the direction of the world
nature ambient sounds sounds
the flying space ships
animations/art direction

---
Goodluck with the game, looking forward to the Nov 17 build

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
Apparently forgot to post this here:
I played around for a few hours trying to replicate the unlimited thruster bug I mentioned. The bug I encountered was actually the thruster energy bar not appearing while thrusting, giving the illusion it was unlimited. It will eventually run out and at the same pace as if you were thrusting normally.

Can't wait to try and duplicate resources in the next build ;)

Morihaus

Deepscanner
Apr 30, 2018
Maryland
Minor graphical bug I've come across.

After sliding, if you stand on the dirt trail, and angle the camera to have part of the trail on the other side of the omniframe, your frame's legs will have it's textures replaced with the dirt texture. How much of the texture is replaced depends on how much of the trail is behind your frame.

unknown (1).png

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Minor graphical bug I've come across.

After sliding, if you stand on the dirt trail, and angle the camera to have part of the trail on the other side of the omniframe, your frame's legs will have it's textures replaced with the dirt texture. How much of the texture is replaced depends on how much of the trail is behind your frame.

Its like cloaked legs for sneaky kicking!

Apparently forgot to post this here:
I played around for a few hours trying to replicate the unlimited thruster bug I mentioned. The bug I encountered was actually the thruster energy bar not appearing while thrusting, giving the illusion it was unlimited. It will eventually run out and at the same pace as if you were thrusting normally.

Can't wait to try and duplicate resources in the next build ;)
This is art thankyou

Morihaus

Deepscanner
Apr 30, 2018
Maryland
Couple more minor bugs I've noticed.

1. When the sun is behind your omniframe, sometimes black squares will flicker on the screen for a single frame, and instantaneously fade away when the god ray moves.
Worth noting the black boxes will vary in size and positioning.
Screenshot_7.png

2. When flying and gliding at certain angles, the pilot will stick out of the frame in odd ways. It seems she's rotating rather than leaning into the movements. When flying to the right they will lean extremely far, sticking out of the cockpit. When gliding downward the pilot will be completely flipped upside down.
Example of flying to the right, with pilot hanging out, just above the thigh.
Screenshot_5.png

Example of gliding downward, with the pilot's head between the omniframe's legs.
unknown (2).png

Status
Not open for further replies.