[LATEST] Pilot Omniframe Demo is now LIVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
Greetings Reapers,
Have you downloaded the latest demo?
Pilot's in the frames, hit indicator, third person camera tuning, multiple bug fixes.......SWEEET huh?

Tell us what you think in this thread below.
What you like, what you don't, what is broken, what is bugged..etc.
The devs are listening...

Skube

Firstclaimer
Hypedration
Jul 26, 2016
www.youtube.com
Initial Feedback and Bugs:
1.The pilot is over hanging while jetting seems like she's about to fall out of the frame.
2.While sliding if you start to slide faster the assault rifle gets a Rate Of Fire boost, i.e. the faster you slide the higher the rate of fire.
3.Sometimes the Tsi-hu glitch together and when shooting them they launch in the air.

-I love the rotating reticle as a Kill confirmed indicator
-The Damage indicator is also great minus it not working great with portals

Last edited:

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
okay, few things:

1. Bring "glider" pads back, if you can. Please.

2. I like the idea of a 3d damage indicator. I hope we see other 3d elements, like maps, in the future. That being said, If you guys hadn't told me what it was, I wouldn't be able to figure it out for myself. imo it should be more...intuitive, I guess? Perhaps with some numbers too.

3. Self damage is not aligned properly on the indicator.

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
Love seeing the pilot in the OF! Also the volume slider was a must...thank you! The damage direction indicator is not too shabby. For those who weren't able to attend the stream and chat, the next demo build should include more bug fixes and a first look at resource detection (i.e. scan hammer use). :)

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
So first thing is first ...
♥ ♥ ♥ AWESOME BUG FIXING JOB DEV TEAM!! ♥ ♥ ♥

I LOVE how much smoother the movement feels in third person!!
The new circular hit indicator is AWESOME!!

Next, a few things I saw:
1. Same as @Skube ... The pilot in the OF hangs from the waist out of the Omniframe when gliding; as if she is going to fall out.

2. The pilot's arms go up and down in tandem with the Omniframe looking up and down with a weapon equipped - is this working as intended?

3. The pilot falls forward inside the omniframe when looking down with a gun equipped.

4. And I can confirm Skube's report on noticing the Tsi-Hu glitch together (random occurrences though) and when you shoot at the group, at least one flies up into the sky.

This is it for now. I may edit if I find more later.:cool:

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Notice the game looks brighter than the other demo are there settings to dim the portal things the tsihu come though or some setting to do that in general ?

-I love the rotating reticle as a Kill confirmed indicator
I like this too and what if it had a small colour change like a neon green when a target has been eliminated. Also like little sounds as if the gun communicates with the user with a bleep

@ 0.16 the bleep

Then i remember the smart gun had a range thing on the ridicule would that be accessible and other guns would have longer range info such as snipers and launchers.

Last edited:

RoseDream

Firstclaimer
Feb 14, 2017
Talked with Faeryl and some of the others last night while we were mucking about after hours - Not sure if any of this was mentioned in a previous demo:

Transitioning between First/Third Person views (FPV/TPV) offsets where you fire from: If you stand shoulder to should with another omni-frame(or NPC) an you fire - you end up shooting the person next to you if you're in TPV.

In Third Person View (TPV) You're unable to hit enemies directly infront of your omniframe (Even if you put the barrel of the gun right in their face and pull the trigger)

Swapping back to FPV reverses the offset - If you were firing to right of your target - you are now firing to the left of your target.

I would suggest also spreading the Damage markers apart a little bit further - the 3D hit markers are awesome, but if you take damage from multiple sources/directions they overlay too close together making it hard to determine what direction you're actually being hit from.

(we did go over how FPV/TPV works and the offsets a bit and how hard it is to get them to work in proper harmony, figured it'd be good to also document it here in plain text as well)

Aug 5, 2017
UK
I watched the twitch stream, as my internet connection has been lousy as of late to play.

Really liked:-
+ OF Hit indications
+ Improvement graphics/ani to the rift plasma lanes and also the landscape enviroment
+ New Hit reticle indicators
+ Seeing the Tsi-hu moving around and their death/rag doll fx.
+ Pilots in the OF - now you can really appriciate the size of our bad boys!!

Liked...not so much:-
- Grummz asked if we liked the explosions or want them more realistic. Right now we have awesome details in modeling Frames, ships, FX affects, landscape/sky etc. - Why ruin that with cartoon explosions.
- Missiles still seem to fly to slowly - watched footage of USA Air Cav Heuy UH-1 Helicopter (Vietnam war) and saw faster flight time of their shot ranged FaF missiles.
- Tsi-Hu running/walking looks ackward. To much leg movement for the distance they cover - looks like something is holding them back. But Im thinking this is just the 1st iteration of the movement animations.

All said and done, excellent progress from Team Em-8er - Awesome sauceness !!! :cool:

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra
So I just went back into the Demo to confirm something.. I heard many people saying this demo is "brighter" but I find it much darker than any of the others.. I had to turn my laptop brightness to 100% but its still darker than previous Demos. Anyone else?

EDIT; FaeryL let me know if playing the Demo on high or epic the darker look is due to a change in UNREAL 4 engine and the devs know about it.

Skube

Firstclaimer
Hypedration
Jul 26, 2016
www.youtube.com
So I just went back into the Demo to confirm something.. I heard many people saying this demo is "brighter" but I find it much darker than any of the others.. I had to turn my laptop brightness to 100% but its still darker than previous Demos. Anyone else?

EDIT; FaeryL let me know if playing the Demo on high or epic the darker look is due to a change in UNREAL 4 engine and the devs know about it.
Yes, Harry mentioned in the chief chat they they updated to a newer version of Unreal and it has different lighting. I like the new darker lighting and the game also performs better

Sep 2, 2020
Greetings Reapers,
Have you downloaded the latest demo?
Pilot's in the frames, hit indicator, third person camera tuning, multiple bug fixes.......SWEEET huh?

Tell us what you think in this thread below.
What you like, what you don't, what is broken, what is bugged..etc.
The devs are listening...

Sep 2, 2020
how do i get the demo for this game and when is the game coming out and what the hell was wrong with firefall i would of spent money on that game like a monthly of 10.00 bucks to play that game.miss it sooo bad it was so fun

Sep 2, 2020
okay, few things:

1. Bring "glider" pads back, if you can. Please.

2. I like the idea of a 3d damage indicator. I hope we see other 3d elements, like maps, in the future. That being said, If you guys hadn't told me what it was, I wouldn't be able to figure it out for myself. imo it should be more...intuitive, I guess? Perhaps with some numbers too.

3. Self damage is not aligned properly on the indicator.

Sep 2, 2020
if you want the glider pads back and this back and that back then this game is going to be like the other game and then there should be a new firefall2 game instead so they can bring all the other goodies back to life and bring in some extra for the new fans that way the devs can build on the existing firefall game and add the extra stuff into it and get the game out quicker no brainer just change the name to FIREFALL2

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra
Yes, Harry mentioned in the chief chat they they updated to a newer version of Unreal and it has different lighting. I like the new darker lighting and the game also performs better
I agree the game seems to run better, but depending on what type of screen you have and laptop/gaming CPU the brightness can vary. The first thing I noticed after buying my gaming laptop was the screen brightness was darker than my old one. I normally keep it on 90%-95% and with this new Demo even at MAX brightness it looks waaaay to dark. Some things I have to squint to see. Hoping they fix this or ad a Brightness slider because for some people it will hamper the experiance.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
if you want the glider pads back and this back and that back then this game is going to be like the other game and then there should be a new firefall2 game instead so they can bring all the other goodies back to life and bring in some extra for the new fans that way the devs can build on the existing firefall game and add the extra stuff into it and get the game out quicker no brainer just change the name to FIREFALL2
Firefall is a memory the memories will live on through Em8er with even bigger memories!
Em8er also has a nice logo!

1599132204880.png

how do i get the demo for this game

https://my.em8er.com/perks/campaign/7
(access to older builds + skins + Novel)

or

https://my.em8er.com/perks/campaign/5
- All packs include Pre-Kickstarter, Pre-Alpha, Alpha and Beta testing access.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I agree the game seems to run better, but depending on what type of screen you have and laptop/gaming CPU the brightness can vary. The first thing I noticed after buying my gaming laptop was the screen brightness was darker than my old one. I normally keep it on 90%-95% and with this new Demo even at MAX brightness it looks waaaay to dark. Some things I have to squint to see. Hoping they fix this because for some people it will hamper the experiance.
For me its way to bright as if the sun is smiling at me everywhere i go :O
1599132407032.jpeg

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
(snip)
(snip) in the chief chat they they updated to a newer version of Unreal and it has different lighting.
Actually, here is the direct quote from Grummz about the lighting (it can currently be found in the Twitch VOD at about 00:03:45):
Grummz: Another big change is the lighting in the game. This is not us. We upgraded to Unreal [Engine] 4.25 and their day/night cycle and atmospherics have all changed. This means unfortunately, that if you go to medium or low settings the lighting will be too bright. We haven't dialed in the lighting for the new engine version yet. I apologize for that. But if you want to see the lighting closer to what it will be like, then run it on high settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.