L.O.F.T. Topic suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2016
The different environments we could face depending on location ice to lava, jungle, etc etc each with their own hazards
i agree with this i would like to see the environment affect you in varying ways for instance make the water cold in the arctic and capable of giving you hypothermia of varying degrees if your on a mountain or close to one making loud noises like explosions could make an avalanche i would go with spawned snowballs rolling down for ease in the deep jungle we could find pools of acid or quick sand perhaps some plant life could be aggressive and try to eat you in the desert you could require water to stay alive and that could carry over into volcanic zones you could have a mod you could put on armor to help resist certain environmental hazards that could be changed on the fly depending on were your going for instance some secret stuff could be found in the caldera of an active volcano and you cant get there without dieing unless you have high enough heat resistance lightning storms could bring lightning that could strike your mech snowstorms that make it hard to see or navigate heck it could even block out your map because your having trouble getting a signal from the satellites or home base i want to be out thumping one day and have chosen invade my thumping area in force trying to kill me then it could become a public event were people could help also i liked how destiny 2 did there events the more people who join in the harder it gets and the better rewards anyway this was just a few thoughts ill go back to my corner of the internet

Mar 18, 2017
i agree with this i would like to see the environment affect you in varying ways for instance make the water cold in the arctic and capable of giving you hypothermia of varying degrees if your on a mountain or close to one making loud noises like explosions could make an avalanche i would go with spawned snowballs rolling down for ease in the deep jungle we could find pools of acid or quick sand perhaps some plant life could be aggressive and try to eat you in the desert you could require water to stay alive and that could carry over into volcanic zones you could have a mod you could put on armor to help resist certain environmental hazards that could be changed on the fly depending on were your going for instance some secret stuff could be found in the caldera of an active volcano and you cant get there without dieing unless you have high enough heat resistance lightning storms could bring lightning that could strike your mech snowstorms that make it hard to see or navigate heck it could even block out your map because your having trouble getting a signal from the satellites or home base i want to be out thumping one day and have chosen invade my thumping area in force trying to kill me then it could become a public event were people could help also i liked how destiny 2 did there events the more people who join in the harder it gets and the better rewards anyway this was just a few thoughts ill go back to my corner of the internet
The idea of environmental hazards would really give a different dynamic to the game, especially as it will require the player to keep aware of his surroundings so he does not get de-buffed in someway, and if there is stuff like falling lava/lightning, it will cause the player to have to move around and not just attack stationary from some safe point. I agree also that the more people completing an event the better the rewards, either based on time to complete/total dmg/repairing (repairing scenario idea, attack on a friendly base, one group repels enemies another uses thumpers to mine resources to repair bases/structures), or players need to reach a certain limit to activate the next phase of the event to get even better rewards.

Advance

Firstclaimer
May 1, 2017
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, or if this thread is the right place to post this, but one thing I really liked about Firefall was that it didn't give me motion sickness, while many other shooter games that I've played have (Warframe, Fallout, every version of COD, and Skyrim (if you consider that a shooter)). I think it's been due to a combination of the following reasons:

-Limited/distorted field of vision
-Narrow and claustrophobia-inducing dungeons and buildings
-Overly-realistic graphics (even on lowest setting) resulting in low contrast between functional items on the ground vs landscape/scenery
-Mouse/character movement inertia (a slight delay between moving the mouse/pressing a button and the screen/character actually moving)

Firefall had none of these problems in my opinion. The field of vision was adjustable and pretty even. The dungeons halls had the width of at least twice the size of the player, and most dungeon rooms had high ceilings. The cartoonish/vibrant graphics of Firefall created really good contrast between objects and landscape (I really LOVE these Firefall graphics and hope something semi-similar to it will be an available option in EM8ER). And character/screen movements had no delay.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who experiences motion sickness from certain video games, so I hope that EM8ER is able to copy as many of these great aspects of Firefall as possible, so I don't throw up after playing every hour.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.