Know your reference! (Torgue Approved)

Degiance

Deepscanner
Jul 5, 2017
Finland
degiance.deviantart.com
So yeah another shenanigans thread with kind of a purpose, sharing the reference to a meme you may or may not know. (What ever you do never tell if you don't know something. - reference to something my teacher said.)
That's a paddling, shouldn't be confused with the paladin thing. Two completly diffrent animals.
(Everything is abit of a reference to something, going to the root of the matter is kinda important and can be either tedious or fun. It depends entirely on your perspective in life.)

Where does the Torgue approves thing come from? You might ask? Well right here... He usually says it.
[d5bf85a912de811b439ca62da5b2ab4a]_Image+2018-09-02+at+2.37.19+AM.png

Oh and like always keep it politics free unless it's actually funny like Bill Clinton as the three stooges type of funny.

Degiance

Deepscanner
Jul 5, 2017
Finland
degiance.deviantart.com
That sound effect was so familiar, i'm guessing there was a Dragonball Z reference in there with the robot sumo?

1924091942.jpg
Spurdo, little known Finnish meme. Usually appears in alot of Winter War or period of service meme's usually written in English or Finnglish or in broken Finnish that only Finns can read as it it really messes with the translators in a major way.

DQELNPsXcAAmco4.jpg
But i prefer the very Finnish problems style meme's more, it's easier to relate to on some level.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
That sound effect was so familiar, i'm guessing there was a Dragonball Z reference in there with the robot sumo?
was thinking the same too and realized its from fist of the north star!

Spurdo, little known Finnish meme. Usually appears in alot of Winter War or period of service meme's usually written in English or Finnglish or in broken Finnish that only Finns can read as it it really messes with the translators in a major way.
Spurdo looks very happy i wonder why hmm

Degiance

Deepscanner
Jul 5, 2017
Finland
degiance.deviantart.com
Spurdo looks very happy i wonder why hmm

(Gif's name. Finland Online)

Then there is the country balls.. I don't know much about them but they tend to put things rather accuretly in a funny way. Plus these woven ones i just saw look rather adorable ^^

*edit Forgot to add that the country balls weren't made in Finland just for clarifcation.

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu

(Gif's name. Finland Online)

Then there is the country balls.. I don't know much about them but they tend to put things rather accuretly in a funny way. Plus these woven ones i just saw look rather adorable ^^
just found out moomins is from finland!

snufkin's meant to say he has better camo gear :D

Degiance

Deepscanner
Jul 5, 2017
Finland
degiance.deviantart.com
There is a whole lot of things that are from Finland from winter tires to Angry Birds on most people's smartphones with bunch stuff patentented and invented in Finland there is a whole list somewhere.
It's a more or less a Finnish stereotype not seeking praise or wanting it in the first place, in my own words it feels embrassing to be praised for something i did.

There is a whole Finnish Nightmares meme series about it. [a7eab00c4f82bc4693787afd9adf0f1f]_Image+2018-09-02+at+4.47.45+PM.png
Creator of that series https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/finnish_nightmares_comic_goes_viral_in_matter_of_days/8406344