KingFuJuliens thoughts

Sep 27, 2016
I've tried to get an overview about the state of the game Ember, so I'll put them into "a nutshell" and hope someone can short respond if my knowledge is up to date or not.

1.) Ember is supposed to be the Firefall how it's supposed to be and not the current Firefall?

2.) Currently there's a Mining-Mech and a Combat-Mech?

3.) The basic idea is to mine, which is noisy and those noises drive Mobs crazy and you have to protect the Mining-Mech against the Mobs?

4.) To access more ressources, you're going to build Structures like Bunkers, Warehouses, etc. and defend them against Mobs? - That's supposed to be the Sandboxpart?

5.) Will there be PVP or not and if yes, will PVP be in special arenas or in the "Open World"?

6.) Currently there's no storyplot or am I wrong?

7.) Planned is to create a simple Demo-Game, which will be similar to the Thumping and with sharing this Demo, the game will collect money, likes or something like that on kickstart?

Alright, hope someone can clarify me ;)

Now few of my thoughts.

First, I love the Battlesuits. I've seen a discussion already and for myself, I prefer battlesuits over the mechs. So far I've played Earth 2150 and 2160 having AI-Mechs in action, also Hazard Ops/Zombies Monsters Robots as example of first generation of Mechs, which move really "clumsy". Even though I prefer Battleframes, I don't mind it that much having Mechs.

But also it may considered having two options "why not both?". Maybe the game can offer battlesuits AND mechs? - Depending on what to do and where you're mining, why not starting with "cheap" battlesuits for the beginners and getting acces to the Mechs later?

Second, maybe the game might also offer Mechs and Vehicles? - In Firefall they've been there for personal transportation but I've missed the combat-aspect. - Depending on the Surface, the game may offer Vehicles for flat surfaces like boats for water, dunecars for deserts and Mechs for mountains, forests and/or other areas, which are much easier to cross by walking. Maybe the game can offer Jobs, which require to protect the convois (but faster moving than the Jeeps in Amazonas) or doing Attacks on our Mining-Facilities.

Third, what I've missed in Firefall was the costumisation of Weapons. Black sidearms have been acceptable but for example red Primary-Weapon on White Mech was a little bit ugly. Anyway, if someone knows All Points Bulletin Reloaded, there's a lot of costumisation possible with details in your face, body, clothes, stickers, Cars, ... idk any other game, which offered that much. - I'd say it's not nescessary to have that much but it would be great if you have more choices than you had in Firefall. May it be the look of your Pilot or Parts of your Mech, Vehicle, Weapons, etc.

Fourth and last point. What I want to see again are some big Monsters like in Black Water Anomaly but not just in an instance, also in the Open World.

Anyway, those are just my few thoughts and some wishes.

Now just few worries I have.

1.) F2P or Payment - Of course nothing is for free but preferably, I'd like to see it as a F2P-Game but I wouldn't mind, if the payment would work like for Minecraft. Paying once for an Account is fine for me. What I dislike is having monthly payment.

2.) How to get the game? - What I hate is Steam. It would be cool if you'd offer a client again or at least nothing like Steam ;)

3.) System Requirements and Internet - My GamerPC is decent but not High-End, However, it should be fine. What's more critical is my Internet. It's still 1000 DSL (in Germany -.-') and I hope the game is still playable. Beside that, the game hopefully also will have European Servers. What we have now in Firefall is another punch into the face. Back then 80 ms and meanwhile 220 ms is still playable but I already notice it hard.

Thank you for reading, hopefully also a developer took a look at it ;)

Greetings, KingFuJulien.

Jul 26, 2016
1. No the9 has firefalls IP so Grummz can not use Firefall without getting sued.
2. Mining Mech is something you call down (like a thumper) and it will mine for you. You use your battle mech to defend it.
3. Yes
4. No idea
5. For now No
6. There is a basic story line but there is no game at all.
7. Yes with every kickstart gate reached they will use the money to develop the game further until the game is ready to create enough hype to collect a lot of money through a kickstart project.

1a. This will not be F2P
2a. Depends on how big the game gets. Steam usually gets a % of the profit. Mabye for now Ember will be accesable through its own client
3a. Dont expect any EU servers in the upcoming years

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
1.) Ember is supposed to be the Firefall how it's supposed to be and not the current Firefall?

2.) Currently there's a Mining-Mech and a Combat-Mech?

3.) The basic idea is to mine, which is noisy and those noises drive Mobs crazy and you have to protect the Mining-Mech against the Mobs?

4.) To access more ressources, you're going to build Structures like Bunkers, Warehouses, etc. and defend them against Mobs? - That's supposed to be the Sandboxpart?

5.) Will there be PVP or not and if yes, will PVP be in special arenas or in the "Open World"?

6.) Currently there's no storyplot or am I wrong?

7.) Planned is to create a simple Demo-Game, which will be similar to the Thumping and with sharing this Demo, the game will collect money, likes or something like that on kickstart?
  1. YES.
  2. AND RABBITS (Tsihu (alien)(enemy))
  3. MORE THAN THAT. THERE'S OTHER EVENTS TO HUMP ON.
  4. NOT ONLY TO ACCESS MORE RESSOURCE. BUT YEAH, BUILD SH*T FOR WHAT EVERY WE GONNA NEED (LOBBY, CHECKPOINT, OUTPOST, HANGAR, RESPAWN STATION........)
  5. NOPE. (PERHAPS IN FAR FUTURE AFTER RELEASE)
  6. CURRENTLY NO. LATER YES
  7. UHM, NO? NOT TO COLLECT MONEY. PEOPLE WHO HAS THE MOCKUP CAN SHOW IT TO OTHERS (live streaming, youtube and others asocial networks). THE KICKSTARTER IS FOR THE MAIN PRODUCTION (STUDIO, HIRING PEOPLES AND OTHERS)

Second, maybe the game might also offer Mechs and Vehicles? - In Firefall they've been there for personal transportation but I've missed the combat-aspect. - Depending on the Surface, the game may offer Vehicles for flat surfaces like boats for water, dunecars for deserts and Mechs for mountains, forests and/or other areas, which are much easier to cross by walking. Maybe the game can offer Jobs, which require to protect the convois (but faster moving than the Jeeps in Amazonas) or doing Attacks on our Mining-Facilities.
TANK, CHOPPER, PLANES, FLOATING HOVER BOOM CANNONS. YOU NAME IT.

Third, what I've missed in Firefall was the costumisation of Weapons. Black sidearms have been acceptable but for example red Primary-Weapon on White Mech was a little bit ugly. Anyway, if someone knows All Points Bulletin Reloaded, there's a lot of costumisation possible with details in your face, body, clothes, stickers, Cars, ... idk any other game, which offered that much. - I'd say it's not nescessary to have that much but it would be great if you have more choices than you had in Firefall. May it be the look of your Pilot or Parts of your Mech, Vehicle, Weapons, etc.
DEPENDS ON THE BUDGET. GONNA HAVE A LOT OF CUSTOMIZATION.

1.) F2P or Payment - Of course nothing is for free but preferably, I'd like to see it as a F2P-Game but I wouldn't mind, if the payment would work like for Minecraft. Paying once for an Account is fine for me. What I dislike is having monthly payment.

2.) How to get the game? - What I hate is Steam. It would be cool if you'd offer a client again or at least nothing like Steam ;)

3.) System Requirements and Internet - My GamerPC is decent but not High-End, However, it should be fine. What's more critical is my Internet. It's still 1000 DSL (in Germany -.-') and I hope the game is still playable. Beside that, the game hopefully also will have European Servers. What we have now in Firefall is another punch into the face. Back then 80 ms and meanwhile 220 ms is still playable but I already notice it hard.
  1. PAY TO F*CK....WOAH WRONG PRODUCT!
  1. PAY TO PLAY. PAY ONCE, PLAY FOREVE
  2. I'M SURE IT GONNA HAVE BOTH (WHY YOU HATE STEAM?)
  3. WILLKOMMEN IN DER EMBER GEMEINSCHAFT FORUM.
HOFFE DU HAST NICHT KABELDEUTSCHLAND. DIE SIND ECHT NE HAUFEN BEHINDERTE DRECKSKACKE.
UND NE TAUSENDER DLS LEITUNG???

(BACK TO ENGLISH)

DON'T THINK THE REQUIREMENT WOULD BE THAT BRUTAL. MINES AIN'T TOP NOTCH, BUT VETERAN ENOUGH TO GET SHIT DONE AT HIGH SETTING.

#INB4ALL
DOUBLE EXPLOSION

Sep 27, 2016
Nein, hab T-Online und wirklich noch eine 1000er Leitung. :eek:

I hate steam, because I like to hold a product in my hands or at least have the account right to the game/developers/studio. It also offers "good" things like a lot of rates and it's much easier to find games. But I just can't get along with it.

I've read some stuff about ember but for me it's still a lot and hard to get every information. Next to Ember, I also play a lot of other games, help at one as Tester and got RL-stuff aswell.