Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
CHIEF CHAT BRIEF SUMMARY FROM THURSDAY, JUNE 3, 2021
Updates via Grummz in Discord Chief Chat:

==== MAIN POINTS ====
► During today’s stream Grummz talked about EM-8ER’s Vision Book, and how we are still on track to living up to the expectations on it, discussing the few additions, and if there were any changes!

► Backers and Patrons can check out the Vision Book PDF on your downloads page!
https://my.em8er.com/downloads

► A FREE unedited version of the Vision Book is also available on the Forums!
https://forums.em8er.com/forums/vision-book-project-proofing.28

==== GENERAL POINTS ====
► Once we reach a consistent 1,500 Patrons we will model the Heavy Omniframe in the Playable Mockup, currently we’re hovering around 1,270 Patrons, with the all time high at 1,400 Patrons.

==== KETCHUP SPILLED! ====
► Some things have changed with the origin of the Tsi-Hu… find out in the next chapter of the novel!

==== Q & A ====
► Question: Any chance of supporting AMD’s FSR?
Grummz: We’ve talked to them about that and we would like to support it yeah, AMD is an official partner for us. We don’t know how well its going to work yet though.

Question: Is EM-8ER going to UE5?
Grummz: We’re NOT confirming that EM-8ER is going UE5. Were doing UE5
TESTS right now. But is EM-8ER going to end up on UE5? More than likely, yes. But that doesn’t mean we will use UE5 features. Because UE4 and UE5 are really the same engine with some major optional features added, like Nanite for the million poly stuff, Lumen for the real time ray tracing global illumination that doesn’t need an RTX card, and a couple of other things that is really important for open world building which is great for us because hey! We are building a giant planet. We can take advantage of all the bug fixes and support of the continued UE 5 engine, but we don’t *have* to use those features, we can stay with traditional meshes lighting etc.

But were going to try internally taking the EM-8ER project and converting it from UE4 to UE5 and not change anything else. And then be like “hey are we getting the same FPS?” “if we get the same FPS were good.” then if we reach that stage we can be like “hey what if we throw in a really detailed heavy frame!” so we can do tests like that.

Question: Should the Dev Team keep development close to their vests? Because anything said will be warped and you'll be held to it with unrealistic standards. Hype is a risk...Oh open to investors. I'm worried about public but... hey. I guess full disclosure is good.
Ronyn: Neither "Publisher" nor "investor" are entirely accurate terms in this case..but hopefully you guys get the general idea. As backers, you have funded the development of this game. Because of that we try to be as open and clear on everything as we reasonably can. You guys are the engine that keeps us running, the heart that keeps us alive. In turn, we keep you in the loop on the choices we make. We are doing this together.

Question: I remember you have talked about a person named Alan in your original vanilla WOW team, have you ever thought of hiring him for EM-8ER?
Grummz: Alan is one of the 3 founders of Blizzard and one of the best game designers I know, but he is not available to us.

Question: Will the tech advances mostly be for the mechs or will there be any advances for the pilots as well?
Grummz: Right now its for the mechs: the weapons, abilities, and their vehicles. For the pilots I’m contemplating a more pilot centric thing.
THIS IS NOT A COMMITMENT TO ANYTHING but, I’m thinking about giving pilots some sort of edge, maybe not a full blown progression system for pilots but there's an edge system where there's some sort of advantages/disadvantages that carry over to your piloting abilities in some sort of way.

Question: Can we get the audio of the special “DEEPSTRYKE!” back into the old key bind that still exists in the demos? The audio clip has been gone for a little while.
Grummz: Ok, yeah. We still have the audio of it. We should put that Easter egg back in. We lost it when we switched to the Wwise Sound engine.

==== QUOTES ====
► “Of what I’ve seen so far, I think I got to one sex scene in the game and it just seemed like a very simple thing. I hope they flush that out a little bit more. Oh geez did I say that? I didn’t say that, rewind edit that out retract the comment.” *~ Grummz*

==== FUN STUFF! ====
► Fai’s thanks raffle winner! ` ♦ Fluffy ♦ `
► After a suggestion from *`Tommixx1199`*, Grummz said he wants to use the term "plot armor" as a potential Easter Egg!

TWITCH VOD LINK!
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1044658552

Status
Not open for further replies.