Info help request for a returning follower.

Sik San

Deepscanner
Jul 26, 2016
Hi guys!
It's been a while me lurking here. I've stumbled upon this game after Mark's Nostalrius Petition Delivery honorable act and the actual Ember announcement. It was pretty interesting to me untill I realized there will be no PvP (Yeah, I'm a pvp ****) + some questinable aesthetics aspects. That was a great letdown, so I kinda lost a lot of that initial interest.
But I still had some change org newsletters regularily, so with those notifications from time to time a spark of interest appeared again. I joined last sunday chief chat and that spark turned into roaring firestorm, when I heard about world tiers, tsihu pushing back players etc. That was my original concern - in these days games you're doomed to win against AI controlled enemies. But looks like Mark has a bit different aproach (I hope so) and tsihu are going to kick our asses hard enough! :)

But well, the actual request is to help me get up to date with the course of the game for the last months. What's actualy up, where can I find the "lore drop" I've been hearing about yesterday? (Can't find at the forums, mb I just dumb). Anything you consider worth to know is appreciated.So if some kind sir or madam can help me to sort the things out via this thread or PM, you'll get my eternal gratitide, virtual certificate of honor and 20 000xp.

PIghead Elderberry

Kaiju Slayer
JUMBO KAIJU SLAYER
Jun 4, 2017
CA USA
Here is a good spot:

https://forums.em8er.com/forums/vision-book-project-proofing.28/

It is the somewhat old but still good text only of both lore and game design. It went into the vision book for milestone 2 (1?) and answers much about lore and game aspects.

Right now we are zooming through Milestone 3 on Indiegogo which will get us to a single player combat based around a thumper encounter (single player first).

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/em-8er-mech-vs-kaiju-wargame-m3-milestone#/

Sik San

Deepscanner
Jul 26, 2016
Here is a good spot:

https://forums.em8er.com/forums/vision-book-project-proofing.28/

It is the somewhat old but still good text only of both lore and game design. It went into the vision book for milestone 2 (1?) and answers much about lore and game aspects.

Right now we are zooming through Milestone 3 on Indiegogo which will get us to a single player combat based around a thumper encounter (single player first).

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/em-8er-mech-vs-kaiju-wargame-m3-milestone#/
That's a great read. Thx!

Sik San

Deepscanner
Jul 26, 2016
Ok, that was rly awesome info, but I have some further questions.

1. Ember is B2P, right?
2. Any info regarding the game funding? We can fund some milestones at indiegogo, but it's like some prep before the actual game crowdfunding at kickstarter, if I understood that correctly. How many milestones left before that can happen? Art assets and demos are great, but what about the game?
3. Terraforming. I'm not sure I got this right. Can you explore some areas that is not terraformed yet? Terraforming vision thread says "Terraforming “pockets” are actually the zones that open up on the world map and form the battlefields where the players fight against the Tsi-Hu." So if those areas are not terraformed or destroyed by aliens they're closing up? How do you retake those territories?

Estender

Deepscanner
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Tölva
Ok, that was rly awesome info, but I have some further questions.

1. Ember is B2P, right?
2. Any info regarding the game funding? We can fund some milestones at indiegogo, but it's like some prep before the actual game crowdfunding at kickstarter, if I understood that correctly. How many milestones left before that can happen? Art assets and demos are great, but what about the game?
3. Terraforming. I'm not sure I got this right. Can you explore some areas that is not terraformed yet? Terraforming vision thread says "Terraforming “pockets” are actually the zones that open up on the world map and form the battlefields where the players fight against the Tsi-Hu." So if those areas are not terraformed or destroyed by aliens they're closing up? How do you retake those territories?
1 yes
2 At indiegogo we fund a demo and a proof of concept, basically. If we can fund everything right now then no more milestones is required.
3 Planet by default is inhospitable, so it requires terraforming. Think of melding zones from FF. It's either (a) or (b)
a) Base is captured and got sucked into the void, and we need to build something to retake it.
b) They just captured it, the end. Just kill them and be done with it.

For more information you can go to F.A.Q. or official game website.

Sik San

Deepscanner
Jul 26, 2016
1 yes
2 At indiegogo we fund a demo and a proof of concept, basically. If we can fund everything right now then no more milestones is required.
3 Planet by default is inhospitable, so it requires terraforming. Think of melding zones from FF. It's either (a) or (b)
a) Base is captured and got sucked into the void, and we need to build something to retake it.
b) They just captured it, the end. Just kill them and be done with it.

For more information you can go to F.A.Q. or official game website.
Indiegogo fundraiser is 210% already. So can we consider "a demo and a proof of concept" succesfully funded? Does it mean the actual game development funding is starting soon?

I did not play FF, no idea how melding rly worked. I mean if you have points A and B terraformed and accessible, so when tsi-hu take over B can you go there and take it back or either it comes locked down, that's my question. I just want to understand whether the world going to be some kind of seamless, or it will be like multiple instanced zones, opened/locked for the actual player at certain conditions

Last edited:

Estender

Deepscanner
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Tölva
Indiegogo fundraiser is 210% already. So can we consider "a demo and a proof of concept" succesfully funded? Does it mean the actual game development is starting soon?

I did not play FF, no idea how melding rly worked. I mean if you have points A and B terraformed and accessible, so when tsi-hu take over B can you go there and take it back or either it comes locked down, that's my question. I just want to understand whether the world going to be some kind of seamless, or it will be like multiple instanced zones, opened/locked for the actual player at certain conditions
quoting from indiegogo
"$60,000 - Full Playable Mockup

This is it, we fund fully and don't have to do any more milestones. We create the playable mockup THMPR encounter. Call down a THMPR mining mech and defend it from waves of attacking Tsi-Hu shapeshifting between humanoid and beast modes. Fight a giant Kaiju as it grapples with your THMPR and defeat it as the climax of the encounter. This will be our demo for our future "fund the full-time game team" fundraiser to make the final game. Reward: The goal is the reward. Play it and enjoy."

we are at 42k$ right now.

And yes, seamless, full open world, recapturing bases is the major point of the game. Whatever the circumstances. This is war after all.

Sik San

Deepscanner
Jul 26, 2016
quoting from indiegogo
"$60,000 - Full Playable Mockup

This is it, we fund fully and don't have to do any more milestones. We create the playable mockup THMPR encounter. Call down a THMPR mining mech and defend it from waves of attacking Tsi-Hu shapeshifting between humanoid and beast modes. Fight a giant Kaiju as it grapples with your THMPR and defeat it as the climax of the encounter. This will be our demo for our future "fund the full-time game team" fundraiser to make the final game. Reward: The goal is the reward. Play it and enjoy."
I saw that thing about mockup. Any ETA on "fund the full-time game team" fundraiser? I guess 60k mockup is a stretch goal, to a prerequisite.

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
Any ETA on "fund the full-time game team" fundraiser?
That depends on a few things, as we won't do that Fundraiser until we have the Mock up complete. If, hypothetically, we hit 60 thousand on this milestone. It will take about 6 months of work from that point to get the mock up done. After that we would do the kickstarter to fund the full dev team. Though even if we hit 60 K we might still do an additional fund raiser before the kickstarter related to marketing costs. But that is still being decided on internally.

Sik San

Deepscanner
Jul 26, 2016
That depends on a few things, as we won't do that Fundraiser until we have the Mock up complete. If, hypothetically, we hit 60 thousand on this milestone. It will take about 6 months of work from that point to get the mock up done. After that we would do the kickstarter to fund the full dev team. Though even if we hit 60 K we might still do an additional fund raiser before the kickstarter related to marketing costs. But that is still being decided on internally.
But what if you don't hit 60k? no mockup? Another fundraiser for mockup?
And what about this? http://i.imgur.com/tn4GdAx.png
mock up gonna take like 6 months but indiegogo says september :D

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
But what if you don't hit 60k? no mockup? Another fundraiser for mockup?
And what about this? http://i.imgur.com/tn4GdAx.png
mock up gonna take like 6 months but indiegogo says september :D
heh. Check out the whole page. This indiegogo campaign, milestone 3, was originally just for characters and guns. That is the part that we estimated at September and it still the plan for that part of the mock up.

All that additional stuff beyond that are stretch goals, many of which were the goals we already had planned for the next few milestones. Since this milestone was met with such amazing support from the community we gave the option for folks to fund the next several milestones now. Of course, those additional goals will take additional work and therefore more time to complete. Of course, if we don't hit that 60K this milestone we will have more milestones like originally planned.

This is all expressed on the indiegogo page.

BTW, welcome back. Might be worth checking out the link below. :)
https://forums.em8er.com/threads/frequently-asked-questions-f-a-q.867/

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
The team is awesome about quick responses. Xeevis and Ronyn are for real on top of things. You also have a few members of the community who are very reliable at answering things. Quick shout out to Torgue and his quirky way of helping and also to Nano for his professional way of helping.