In Regards to Community submitted content

Joe Solo

Ember Dev
Jul 26, 2016
Costa Mesa
www.artguyjoe.squarespace.com
*Posting this in response to the flurry of passionate questions regarding this subject :D

First and foremost,

On behalf of the Ember team, thank you for all the support so far. It’s been overwhelming and amazing! We really couldn’t have gotten this far without you and things are just getting started!

Mark and I have had our messengers pinging with offers to help on the game, or questions such as:

“Will you support fan created content?”

“I know how to model/code/design/etc, can I help on the game?”

“Will the community members be able to contribute to the game’s development?”

“How much will this game rely on community made content if at all?”

Right now the answer officially is………….*drum roll*

We don’t know! :D

On the surface, sure, we would love to have the community involved in actual creation of the game. Or things in the game, cosmetics or what not. I am sure there is a path to make something like that happen. We still have to create that path. It’s a great idea. I personally think we can make it work, and have some ideas of how to do so. I would like to discuss them with Mark. They are just ideas though. Same as the rest of you lol.

I am sure Mark already has an idea in his head of how. The core focus right now is getting some concept art finished, and getting the very first “bones of our skeleton” together. Fan demand is moving almost faster than Team Ember can keep up. That’s a great thing. We are a very small team right now and we have to make sure we are doing things right.

Once we get the concept art off our plate, and get the next campaign going, I think we can start discussing a plan of action for that. As soon as Mark knows, we will all know probably through an official announcement. I would personally love the help of any talented members of the community. We just have to wait and see how it works out. Right now, we have some goals to accomplish in the short term.

Hang tight guys! Good things coming!

-JoeSolo

Jul 26, 2016
Right now, we have some goals to accooumplish in the short term. <--- could you elaborate a bit more on this :) ( if you can )

you said "concept art"
does this involve : planets and ecosystem, base & buildings art or is it just player armor and some enemy concept?

Jul 28, 2016
South West Colorado
First, let me start with the very rare for me, #InB4Fooni.
Seriously, I am very excited to hear that someone is interested in creating a game that FF was and was supposed to be. I really enjoyed the closed Beta, the one just before we lost the tech-tree, and we were working towards tier three (3) frames. If that is where Ember is going, please, take my money. I do want Rocket Boots.
Thanks

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Of course, you guys are way ahead of us. We did not expect to grow a community this fast. So its true, we don't have real answers, because we were just trying to gauge interest.

So we're running to catch up and present more of the game idea. The community has already helped with this. The idea of going with procedural zones came from some of the community.

There are so many ideas out there, but game design is really about what you leave out more than what you leave in, and what you leave in must be polished and polished. I get inspiration from the community, but its still a singular vision I've had in my head for over a decade now. Hope you don't mind that I borrow here and there from you along the way though. :)

NitroMidgets

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Jul 27, 2016
Dupont, WA
Man, it is going to kill my inner and outer child waiting for the game to develop. Safe to assume jackassery will ensue as we all wait. I hope there is a way for the community to take part early. After alpha is over anything new goes to the back burner as future content.