IMPORTANT: Omniframe Mk II

Do you prefer the direction of Omniframe Original or Mk II going forward?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Soooo....after getting the Omniframe modeled, I had concerns about the look not holding up as well as the other designs of the game. I also had concerns with the Omniframe and THMPR looking very different from each other.

So I took a big breath and sat down with Tommaso to do a Mk II version of the Omniframe. The goal was to unify the design with the rest of the game, have it be more form fitting, and address some issues the community brought up along the way.

This is a rough draft of the Omniframe Mk II. I'd like everyone's feedback in the community before we decide to make a big change like this.

Here is the current Omniframe:

Hard driver enclosed mode pictured to be fairer I included the drawing version. :

And here are rough sketches of the potential Omniframe Mk II:

Let me know your thoughts. TY!

Added. Image of THMPR to see how the looks vary between frame and THMPR:

Last edited:

Terib.Shadow

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
Baal Secundus
So, my thoughts on this, I've always been fine with the first one but I also like second one, but considering this isn't everyone's opinion and how many seem to not like the second one as much as the first, i think the best option would be mixing them both on their good points, and getting rid of what is barely liked.

Let's see what else you all can find.

EDIT : also, this looks awfully similar :
Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2017
Slovenia
Really prefer the new legs, but the wings are a bit weird. Nonetheless, amazing job! :)

Edit: should mention: the overall colour scheme from the original looks better than Mk. II in my opinion.

Molasses

Lieutenant
Jul 27, 2016
It always felt kinda silly that the pilot is so exposed in the earlier ones. I also like the 4-arms idea, I feel like you have a lot of room for interesting game mechanics with that.

Access

Base Commander
Base Commander
Jul 26, 2016
Both look good. Wish we could get a more detailed image of the MK2. I'd say modify the MK1.

Last edited:

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
First, WOWZA!! @Tommaso your art is FABULOUSLY AWESOME!!

Next, I was originally thinking I like BOTH versions but, I think it's more along the lines of ... I was considering the open cockpit options. If that is still possible, that would be a GREAT option on the MK II.

What will this change cost in terms of time and funds @Grummz ?

Thorp

Omni Ace
Jul 27, 2016
California, CA
the new Mk II's second pair of arms, the small ones, just look unnecessary to me. I guess it's going for an insectoid look which could be interesting. Perhaps, to induce diversity, only certain frames will have the additional arms but...idk if every frame should have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.