If the game will have a quest system…

VRK9

Sep 15, 2017
Portugal
Many games have the same quest systems since some decades ago, like go to NPC X to start quest, go to place Y to do something (to kill something, collect resources, talk to another NPC…), then return to NPC X (or NPC W if it’s a quest chain) to finish and collecting rewards.
Unfortunately, this didn’t change much over the years and there are very few games that tried something different.

But since EM8ER will be a sci-fi game with OP-AI, why not trying something more realistic?
What if players receive an SMS or a “You got a message!” from an NPC anywhere where the players are, to know that they have an available quest, so they don’t need to go to that NPC directly. When the players are ready, they can make a video call to that NPC (with holograms and other futuristic stuff) to start the quest, then when it is finished, they can make a call to that NPC to say that is done, send the resources to that NPC in the case of a collecting quest through the personal drop ship, and receiving the quest rewards directly in the players reaper account or again through the personal drop ship.

What do you think?

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Probably outdated input coming from me, but I believe Grummz is fairly against a questing system. If anything, at this stage for Em-8ER, it would simply take too many resources to implement. “Quests” are not dynamic enough. I see Em-8ER having more of firefalls death squads, or minefield bandit attacks, wounded bandit type random world events.

I do like an S.O.S. system calling for aid. Maybe involving bases or lost thumper teams.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
What if players receive an SMS or a “You got a message!” from an NPC anywhere where the players are, to know that they have an available quest, so they don’t need to go to that NPC directly. When the players are ready, they can make a video call to that NPC (with holograms and other futuristic stuff) to start the quest, then when it is finished, they can make a call to that NPC to say that is done, send the resources to that NPC
I think this has been mentioned before somewhere but i think as players we could create our own adventures for others.

What if players themselves could create their own job that are like quests but tasks.
so that if they needed help with something this could be put across to a Universal task solutions board. Which can be seen on your screen and your A.I could remind you of the one's you particularly like or have ticked.

So that other players can jump in and help other players, because helping them not only gives some kind of reputation rank, you also could create a good network of support too.

This means even Gm's could pop by time to time and create their own quest/tasks for players to do, something for special events or just for fun.

such as:

- Crafting an item for someone to get 100 Barkstite payment
- Defending a player and their thumpr for x 5 events for 670 x Carrotnium 579
- Driving truck and bringing in reinforcements when air units find it tougher, to earn truck badge and 8x Gold Donuts
- Pocket medic for your treacherous journey, can earn 444 Spudnic Dotpig X

-[ Roleplay type] Dance for 20mins with player and buy them a purple void bean to show your respect a jealous player (Rp) gets jealous and starts to kick your shins you can earn acheivement/badge Jolly nice Reaper + 120 Disco beans

A) Subdue the jealous one and send them on a dropship that flies off somewhere
B) Kick them back until they pass out
C) Hide and pretend to be a piece of furniture
D) call the POLICE
E) Pretend to die with death Emote so that the jealous npc vanishes
F) Dance like a mad Reaper and scare the heck out of the jealous one!
etc etc

I do like an S.O.S. system calling for aid. Maybe involving bases or lost thumper teams.
:cool: