ideas to help ramp up subscriptions

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
we were just in the discord talking about ways to increase the number of people subscribing. A few idea posted were:
-paypal
-recruitment of people interested in tabletop games
-gifting subscriptions

this isn't a thread to critique ideas, this thread is to come up with them. Anyone else have something?

Astro

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
Monthly random draw from the pool of subscribers, in which one subscriber receives a prize.

Prizes could include:
1. Behind the scenes sneak peak of X
2. A poster
3. Special forum title
4. Design an in game skin color combination
5. Name an NPC
etc.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
- Supporting em8er by referring others for example:

1 friend/individual register could earn 2 Em8er tokens
5 friends/individuals register could earn 10 Em8er tokens
10 friends/individuals register could earn 20 Em8er tokens
20 friends/individuals register could earn 50 Em8er tokens

However if the friends/individuals subscribe then you get bonus 100 tokens!

The tokens could be used to get discounts on items or if you save enough to have a free 1 month subscription or alternative items that are available.

I think when more progress and updates are made there will be more interest hopefully leading to subscriptions.

loyalty subscription short/medium/long term E.g.

Short 1 month - 3months = small discount
Medium 4-6 months = discount
Long 8- 12+ months = better discount

So if i wanted to get the most discount long term would be better and to get all the benefits included.
Short/medium could be because of their budget, before that subscription ends they could upgrade to a long term and the better discount would be added and have not lost any loyalty discount points.

Included in this every anniversary of Em8er subscribers are entitled to free Em8er tokens worth up to 200 these could be gifted or saved

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
this is more of an idea for recruitment but, well, for those of us who can afford to and want to, they can pay youtube gamers and twitch/dlive streamers for a spot in one of their streams/videos, I'm sure they will love that.

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
I talked to a marketing professional recently and asked for his advice. The main thing he told me is that people want access. He suggested videos about Big G's private life or workplace videos exclusively for subscribers would help.

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Not sure why private life is necessary. Grummz cant get much more open with his thoughts and heart for the game as well as for the genre (and us) than he has been showing all along. And times like Joe's streams have been a positive step without being restricted to subs. Videos have also been verified as time consuming.

Kind of stuck too a point because the transparency to the project is a key element to the community but I agree the the subs could be tweaked a little beyond the rewards currently available. Due to the how recent the sub launch has been, I dont see a current need to mess with it. Give it another month with some time to plan the tweaks instead of knee jerk changes. That is something Grummz was at fault for in firefall with changes, this time the community has been at fault for changes at each turn.

This is a good thread though for community involvement. Possibly a new approach to the firefall credit program, at a much reduced amount, that the sub would add to the eventual in game currency for skins, omniframe designs etc. Where the firefall credit program was $100 worth of currency, maybe the sub transfers a 10% in game currency equivalent.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Subscriptions why they would and why they wouldn't:

Why they would:
+ Special ingame items and added insight of the game
+ Perhaps Special strategy em8er ebook
+ Perhaps a Sweep stake to win e.g. Armored personnel carrier code name Aero Guardian Mk -8
Suitable for 8 pilots including driver without mechs used in areas restricting mechs perhaps or a great medic ambulance! + horn choice of your style e.g. A Duck sound!
+ Instant access to (Em8er Partners) Group where you can help promote the game and your journey as a gamer too. The added perk here is you get to be involved with contests officially approved by Team Em8er, and have Em8er partners rank Gold, Silver, Bronze, Gem these are given by how they did with:

* Content of video/writing
* Reliability of the partner
* Contest give aways / promo deals involved in
* Help/advice/guides from partner

All partners start as Gem what happens when you go up ranks
* Get a shiny badge next to your name with official Em8er symbol underneath
* Get Unique Em8er Partners Limited Special Edition Galactic Enforcer kit & other stuff
* Those who prove they help out could also earn Legendary apple status ingame with apple crunch sound
* Partners can Unlock special Partner store to get outfits using ingame currency or cash

Gem - unlock Explorer VIP - e.g. Improved pilot suit and other items
Bronze - unlock VIP Fashion - e.g. More selection and Rare kits
Silver - unlock VIP Chroma legend Fashion - e.g. Additional outfits and Chroma specials
Gold - unlock Em8er Alpha Stryke Fashion - e.g All collection and Ultimate kits to look like a Boss!

Why they wouldn't:

- Not enough incentive or value perhaps
- Waiting for full working game demo before subscribing
- Promises made waiting to be delivered
- Fear of wasted investment and fail

Having subscription supports the Devs and Em8er but i like to think if it supports those who support the game too that makes it a win-win

Lets say those who cannot support the game financially can still be partners but they would not have
full access to special partner store & kits. To Really have full benefit the subscription would give you wider access to things and make you that much more appealing in style and have better value as a whole in my opinion

Is it worth it?

Personally i think so and there could be improvements i like all the cool items and stuff and hope to see it ingame eventually. Also feel the investment is going to good use, gives me a sense of satisfaction that i am doing my part.

Just think how good it could be if we had more helping out this way perhaps the progress and budget restraints would not be so restricted i am guessing.

hmm