Ideas for Medium Special Movement Ability

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
So Grummz was saying that the heavy would, instead of deploying glider wings, shield surf in the air, weapons available, and that the light frame would be ble to wall-climb. He wants ideas for the medium frame. Someone suggested the grappling hook, however I disagree, that should be a tech tree upgrade for the light's wall climbing. My idea is instead of dodging, medium frames can teleport out of the way of incoming attacks, range increases as tech is unlocked. Do any of you like this idea or have ideas of your own?

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
Hmmm...definitely something to think about. I had heard the idea of the Light OF's wall/Kaiju running and the Heavy's shield surfing. Although I didn't hear that the Heavy would exchange the current gliding mechanic and animations for the surfing mechanic and animations. Did Grummz make mention of dodging, grappling hook, etc for the Medium OF or was that from other folks?

What about the incoming skim mode being a Medium OF exclusive? That would allow teleportation to remain an ability that possibly any OF could have access to.

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
All frames will have gliding/surfing and if beefed up a tad from the crafting/tech tree (maybe even with an ability slot being used) then we should be cool. Perhaps teleportation can be the fast travel (at least from base to base; if constructed and powered up).

Dam13n

Mar 4, 2019
Maybe the ability to use skim mode with weapons and in general more effectively as movement in battle. The other frames having it as travel mode only.

Or just (improved) dodge jumping.