Idea inspired (partilly) by warframe: user-made customizations

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
so I have two ideas about how to implement this, I think both would really be cool (and they're not mutually exclusive0

1. Big g said that you could buy a full frame appearance and mix and match parts from different ones. Wha if you could expand on that and then you could enter a fully customized frame into some sort of...I don't know how to describe it so I'll just give an example: I think big g said 8 customization slots, so let's say I buy omniframes a, b, c, d, e, f, g, and h (to quote mr nobody from doom patrol "so I'm not l. ron hubbard, who has the time?") Anyway, I then take a piece from each of these models and combine them in a way I find I like, I can then submit them to a database in the same way you can submit weapon/ability builds. Then every week, the database picks a random entry from that list of appearance customizations, and for a week sells them in a featured tab of the store, and the person who submitted the entry gets a percentage of what that customization would cost in in-game currency (not a share of the profits, like if the weekly customization sells for 500 apiece, I would get, say, 400 or something).

2. A system that allows you to design your own customizations from scratch, then sell it and receive a small percentage of the profits (only fair since they did actual work on it) the way warframe does it.

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
My thoughts:

1. Cosmetics for the game will be sold for actual cash, not ingame currency, to keep the game servers running and perhaps some help toward other costs. So i believe the kind of mix and match system you describe here, if I have it right, will be a no go.

2. This may be doable if the Dev Team has the time to work up the contractual agreement's language, set up the parameters that submissions have to meet, time to review those submissions, time for any back and forth to finalize/tweak/adjust an item, time to program the item into the game, time to create a system to follow all of the above, to include transparency of some sort for what the item will be sold for, how much is the split, how many items sold, where does the player/creator's proceeds get routed to, and many other things I can't think of right now. But this one may have a shot. War Thunder has a system like this for when someone creates a tank/plane/ship and it gets implemented in game as purchasable vehicle. I've not delved into what that system is. I do believe that at least 2 planes in the game were created by peeps not on the payroll. I like this one but i believe this would definitely be a tough one to implement for a small team. So come on super good Kick Starter!

Aug 14, 2016
How would this work with the idea of sharing Omniframes with other players? Like how I can rant out one of my frames to a friend so they can use it. Because I also see a market for being able to post builds in the game store for other players to buy a copy of your builds.

Because I can also see some people making and posting builds based around a theme.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
How would this work with the idea of sharing Omniframes with other players? Like how I can rant out one of my frames to a friend so they can use it. Because I also see a market for being able to post builds in the game store for other players to buy a copy of your builds.

Because I can also see some people making and posting builds based around a theme.
I'd probably not go for selling builds think builds should be free on some database where people can submit if they wish and access it.

Renting frames could be available using in-game currency or special tokens that let you use it for a time just my thought.

Cosmetics for the game will be sold for actual cash, not ingame currency
I'd agree with the majority of them definitely for a wider selection, but lets say with the exception of birthday's a window pops up and they can select from a skin, aura, colour to either go on pilot, mech or the thumpr but can only choose one!

Then just like in warframe a few skins out there could be unlocked.

A system that allows you to design your own customizations from scratch, then sell it and receive a small percentage of the profits (only fair since they did actual work on it) the way warframe does it.
Got to agree with Wyntyr but I like this and also think it could be one for the future hopefully!