idea inspired by forum titles (and xenoblade chronicles x)

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
so imagine this: instead of just picking one of 3 starter frame that has default abilities, you choose a specialty and get a frame designed for that specialty. You can craft new frames that cater to other specialties of corse, this just starts you off. Anyway, I've got 6 different forum titles that double as specialty names, but the names aren't necessariy set in stone, nor are the specialties. In fact, think of this whole thing as a rough draft. Anyway, my ideas:

Omni Ace: A support role that focuses on healing, buffs, and energy replenishing (the idea being that an "ace" of omniframes, knowing their mechanisms inside and out, would know how best to maintain them.)

Base Commando (not the name of the forum tite, but more apropos to the specialty): This specialization will have omniframes that have higher defensive abilities and cores (eg. Turrets, shields, "field hospital" of some sort, the idea being that these frames can hold bases more effectively.)

Death Reaper: Basic assault, highly recommended for beginners.

Scout: These frames utilize stealth, long range abilities, and mobility.

Deepscanner: Frames optimized for both resource gathering and crafting (meaning they are best for "scanning deeply" for resources)

Terraformer: These frames are the tanks, the heavy frames with taunt and defense that are out on the front lines (in essence, the "terrformers" would be on the front lines, being the first to enter an inhospitable region to terraform it. These frames would also provide limited immunity to Em-8ER's toxic atmosphere. Best left to advanced players only.)

Anyway, thoughts are welcome.

EDIT: It occur to me that some of you may mistake this for a class system. It is not. Why? Because none of the specialties limit your omniframe/ability choices, it simply gives insight into how you might want to use a given frame. For instance, you can be a scout with a heavy frame, taunts and defense and all, if you so choose when you craft the frame, and you can even change the specialty a given frame is tied to. There could even be rewards for completing tasks that are related to your specialty. I don't know, it's just an idea I had.

Last edited: