Idea in regards to environments

Jul 26, 2016
Australia
The scale of items need to be fit well, the view distances of places need to be well linked. An open world area and a sense of exploration by creating township islands, vistas and cues. You really needed to 'get lost' in those environments, a feeling of will this never end.

The implementation of tangents should be considered as even though you'd might be on a mission to go visit someone, what happens along that journey should also be considered. Afterall, this will break up the grindy nature of some places.

A day and night cycle based on how many suns / moons / planets are visible with the environment. Weather effects be they rain, fog, gas and gravity held liquids eg water should also be incorporated to give a sense of reality and also a hindrance to the player.

The scale of items need to be fit well, the view distances of places need to be well linked. An open world area and a sense of exploration by creating township islands, vistas and cues. You really needed to 'get lost' in those environments, a feeling of will this never end.

The implementation of tangents should be considered as even though you'd might be on a mission to go visit someone, what happens along that journey should also be considered. Afterall, this will break up the grindy nature of some places.

A day and night cycle based on how many suns / moons / planets are visible with the environment. Weather effects be they rain, fog, gas and gravity held liquids eg water should also be incorporated to give a sense of reality and also a hindrance to the player.
As we've discussed in another thread, weather should also effect combat, by impairing visibility, aiming, movement. Or it could even aid us, sometimes. Maybe a thunder-storm might not be the best time to be outside, but a flock of flying enemies, looking for a fight or prey, might also strongly reconsider their odds of survival in it.

I never really bother with achievements in games, but I'd still think there should be some system to track one's exploration of the game-world. Find secrets. Get to the highest point. Glide from a certain spot to another without touching the ground. Stand atop a certain object. Find a certain spot. Interact with the flag-pole on the peak of the highest mountain. There's a small island offshore with an Easter Egg, maybe. Reach it.

I remember seeing that large command ship or whatever that was, floating offshore from Copacabana. I thought that Aero might be on-board, directing me from there. So, I thought it would be hilarious if my character could've have glided over and Aero would've been like "Boss, tracking shows you're...approaching the ship. Wait! You're...heading straight for..." *Boom! In comes ARES 3-5 barging into the operators hub, through a hatch or a window.* "...me. Um...hi." :D

I'm also curious how loot-able items would appear. Floating in a glowing, rarity-color-coded bubble? Or just lying on the ground, with a color-coded outline, like when an NPC or downed player is highlighted by a blue or green line around them, as opposed to how items are shown. The outlining is more subtle. Less obtrusive than floaty-glowy stuff. Even if it is supposed to be shiny.