I want to dream

0V3RKILL

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Aug 5, 2016
I know this is too early to be asking this. But, I want to dream. I'm 40 going 41 and I get worried cause I don't know how much I got on this earth. After 40 even as healthy as I am anyone can hit the bucket at any time. I got to be honest I dont want to go without playing em-8er with my wife and daughter like I use to in firefall. Anyway, my question is....how long is it going to take to actually be playing this game in it's first alpha or pre alpha stages? Let's just dream together. Let's speculate...Please mark you are more than welcome to do so too. This is actually your dream coming true and we are riding it with you. I'll be the first. I think at the speed that we are going we will be gaming by next year September or maybe December. am I wrong? If I am please tell me something I might not know. Tell me why. I know nothing about game developing.

Degiance

Deepscanner
Jul 5, 2017
Finland
degiance.deviantart.com
I mostly dreamt while doing the eurojackpot when there was that sweet 90 million pot in there that i could donate part of to Mark if i won so he could kickstart it this thing without doing the kickstarter yet and get a playable demo or even a small playable server with people working full time.
While i get myself a proper PC and maybe a house that produces it's own electricity with a epic internet connection that cannot be cut off by someone farting in the general direction of my internet provider. (or thats how it feels like sometimes.)

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I dreamed that crixia become a household name, and started a high tech firm worked to make it real. Early stages the game was preparation to work in various dept. One example the police had mechs divisions as crimminals got more sophisticated so did the world.
Gunman/gunwoman/gunbot trying to hold people hostage is the past with mechs they either get flattened or thrown out to space! This saved money on prison space, tax payers money but it did leave abit of a mess. Everyone was generally safe in mega city 2020

Grummz was declared president of north pole, keeping with the spirit of xmas the crixia team planned to create a robo santa that would guard the north pole with robo elves. The Mechs were on standby incase of imminent threats of thieves who could steal presents and valuable snow.

1 week later aliens crash landed in russia the dream ended with my alarm clock ringing

0V3RKILL

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Aug 5, 2016
lol that long? Idk why I thought it was going to take another year to have something. I guess I want it so bad I'm whiling to fool my self into believing that. Idk, I can't believe it's going to take that long cause it makes me sad. Worst part is that I haven't seen another game like this or like firefall. If at least I had that I could kill some time with that. If anyone know of any new games like firefall or ember let me know. cause I have been looking and nothing.

Dreamin

Base Commander
Base Commander
Dec 4, 2016
PNW
I know this is too early to be asking this. But, I want to dream. I'm 40 going 41 and I get worried cause I don't know how much I got on this earth. After 40 even as healthy as I am anyone can hit the bucket at any time. I got to be honest I dont want to go without playing em-8er with my wife and daughter like I use to in firefall. Anyway, my question is....how long is it going to take to actually be playing this game in it's first alpha or pre alpha stages? Let's just dream together. Let's speculate...Please mark you are more than welcome to do so too. This is actually your dream coming true and we are riding it with you. I'll be the first. I think at the speed that we are going we will be gaming by next year September or maybe December. am I wrong? If I am please tell me something I might not know. Tell me why. I know nothing about game developing.
Since I feel kind of called out here..... -jk-

To start, take this video to heart and try and relax some, the worrying can actually be worse than ...most... things that could happen between now and then.

With the original goals for this milestone Mark is very close to completing. Though with the stretched goals from the huge funding support the schedule is a bit behind. There is a fantastic appetiser coming soon. The playable mock-up which will be used for the kick starter (35$ Deepscanner and above) is part of this milestone and is intended for "US" to be playing before the kick starter to help showcase everything. After the kickstarter.... well... nothing ever goes as planned so let's just plan for the best and be ready to handle whatever else.

ref;
Announcement and titles
Mock-up Funded
200% funding explained w/bad schedule estimate
75k goals and detail to unreal mock-up invasion battle

With all things considered maybe expect to see the invasion mock-up around the end of year... i the meantime make sure to let us know if you find something we should be checking out too.

0V3RKILL

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Aug 5, 2016
Since I feel kind of called out here..... -jk-

To start, take this video to heart and try and relax some, the worrying can actually be worse than ...most... things that could happen between now and then.

With the original goals for this milestone Mark is very close to completing. Though with the stretched goals from the huge funding support the schedule is a bit behind. There is a fantastic appetiser coming soon. The playable mock-up which will be used for the kick starter (35$ Deepscanner and above) is part of this milestone and is intended for "US" to be playing before the kick starter to help showcase everything. After the kickstarter.... well... nothing ever goes as planned so let's just plan for the best and be ready to handle whatever else.

ref;
Announcement and titles
Mock-up Funded
200% funding explained w/bad schedule estimate
75k goals and detail to unreal mock-up invasion battle

With all things considered maybe expect to see the invasion mock-up around the end of year... i the meantime make sure to let us know if you find something we should be checking out too.
awesome reply dude. :)

Schmuky

Base Commander
Base Commander
Apr 5, 2017
Transylvania
i know that grummz wont officially say yet, but the broad timeline is like this:

Kickstarter-This year, whenever the mock-up is ready. The mock-up will be: Medium frame, THMPR encounter, you go and mine resources and tsi-hu will attack you during it, kaiju cat 2 (on a scale 1-6) will attack you. Also, have a cinematic video that will present the game, with a full invasion(not playable).

If KS goes well, 1 year to alpha. Alpha will be core gameplay only,
If Alpha goes well, 1 year to beta. Beta will already be the game, maybe lacking some features but they will be added in time.
After that, launch depends on beta progress. Basically, when the devs are happy with the beta, most bugs fixed etc etc, lauch will happen, probably a lot of players will join.

Again this is very broad, subject to change, so add a few months to each and you will hit the release. Personally, i think we are looking at a late 2020 lauch, 2021, playable 1 year before.

So at 40, stay chill, maybe start jogging, you will get many years of playing Em8er with your family