I take issue with the female skins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
Here are my favorite League of Legends skins that I own, I like this approach, epic, colourful and vibrant, none are sexualised except the last one I guess. these are the kind of skins I would prefer to pay for

Mar 18, 2021
This is amazing. Since Anita Sarkeesian spewed her ideology around 2012, I swear you can no longer have any video game with attractive female characters that can escape the dreaded devolvement discussion of so-called "sexism" and "objectification". These are two aspects and buzzwords that are, insufferably, always exclusively reserved to only female characters, because male characters are never ever depicted as handsome, muscled, shirtless with refined pectorals and six-pacs and as pretty boys ever in games, not to mention there being NO other media which outright and boldly sexualizes men - Yaoi, BL, Magic Mike, Twilight, Otome games, etc. does not exist. (sarcasm)

inb4 the excuses of "muh male power fantasy", "men cannot be objectified" and "there's no such thing as the female gaze" blah blah blah rolls in I guess.

I would also say that the "where's/give me the husbandos" thing is also getting equally insufferable as well, as this also seems to be an inescapable cancer when it comes to games/media which feature predominately attractive female characters with the intended audience being straight guys (the majority of the playerbase). It happens with the Dead or Alive fighting game series as well as the DOAXtreme series.

Anyway to be fair Regarding Em8er - I guess a puritan complaint thread like this was always going to happen with a Complaints Department section on the forums.

Suffice to say, as two people mentioned earlier in the thread - Don't like it? Don't play it / ignore it, and go and play a Western game instead if you want unattractive/ugly female characters.

I do hope that the developers won't be "toning down" the waifus in Em8er, as I'm sure that they realize the brutal and relentless Anti-Fanservice agenda (again, only for female characters) that has plagued the entire Western games industry and entertainment medium industry, and that kowtowing to them would be a mistake.

This is coming from someone who has gotten completely tired of censorship, and missed out on Blade & Soul, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, etc. because of the censorship of female characters in them. Heck I even missed out on Dead or Alive 6 as well as a result of the pandering to the you-know-who brigade at the beginning.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2019
How about this OP: Go play another f***ing game. So sorry the game made by a guy who openly likes waifus and navels just happened to make skins that follow those things instead of YOUR puritanical standards.
Do you also walk into a Brazilian Steak House and demand they serve salad only?

Wana know the inherent magic of video games at this point in time? There's a ton of them...so many games...over 45-50 years worth of video games that have covered next to every character, world, scenario, story, archetype, stereotype, etc. YOU have a literal buffet of games to play, pick and choose...so since you can't handle DA SEXY, move along and go play something that fits your modest and "enlightened" standards and leave the rest of us degenerates to revel in tits, ass, navels and "sexualization" as giant monsters die and explode into globs of colored jelly, loot and other stuff.

TL: DR -- "this game isn't made for you. Leave."

While i'm at it... better avoid "League of Maidens". Wouldn't want you to get "surprised" finding out at what that game is really about after you dump cash into it, since you have the perception statistic of a blind rock.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
leave the rest of us degenerates to revel in tits, ass, navels and "sexualization" as giant monsters die and explode into globs of colored jelly, loot and other stuff.

men cannot be objectified" and "there's no such thing as the female gaze" blah blah blah rolls in I guess.
Disagree

I would also say that the "where's/give me the husbandos" thing is also getting equally insufferable as well
Almost as insufferable as hearing waifu most time?

Mar 18, 2021
What exactly are you disagreeing on though? My view or the quoted comments?

Almost as insufferable as hearing waifu most time?
Is that the mask starting to slip now?

Listen buddy, Mark Kern has long made people aware of his love for waifus; when Em8er first started with the concept material, there was already an early indication that the female characters may be depicted in attractive manners, and that it would probably feature more female characters in this manner. Therefore you should have an idea of what you're "in for" if one is to take an interest in the game as a fan or a backer of the project.

So there is nothing "insufferable" about hearing waifu all over the place here.

If this was the other way round (i.e. mostly male character fanservice) then the chances are that I would probably have not taken an interest in the game. Even if I did, I would not be making a continuous agenda to demand influence for waifus.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
What exactly are you disagreeing on though? My view or the quoted comments?
The quoted comment

Listen buddy, Mark Kern has long made people aware of his love for waifus;
From my understanding first initial thought it would be meks vs kaiju's.

Then noticed they added skins predominately waifu's compared to the male counterpart. Just didn't realize that it would become one of the main focus.

So there is nothing "insufferable" about hearing waifu all over the place here.
Thanks for answering my question

Is that the mask starting to slip now?
Only when i am outside social distancing!

Last edited:

Folly

Deepstriker
Dec 9, 2017
Sweden
Words like sexist and misogynist have been thrown around the last years without cause or reason so much that they've lost their meaning. I like waifus too, I like strong women who can stand on their feet (both in body and mind). I don't understand HOW you can take offense at drawn pictures and digital art?

The twitter mob looks stupid and ignorant because of this, artists and games like this is not the problem and I would suggest that you people to look at the modelling industry if you really want to make a difference where women and young girls actually are abused and used. Coming here and using words like misogynist and sexist don't only make you look like an idiot, it makes you look like a coward too.

What are you two lost souls hoping to accomplish here? That the art is changed because you think screaming "offended" will get you anywhere in life?

Mar 18, 2021
From my understanding first initial thought it would be meks vs kaiju's.

Then noticed they added skins predominately waifu's compared to the male counterpart. Just didn't realize that it would become one of the main focus.
Well that's the direction they decided to take for the game. If you dislike this route, you can always invest significant money into the developers and have them make it more like the way you want.

And why is it an issue with it being predominately waifus? Are you on some soapbox mission for muh ekwalertee or something?

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Well that's the direction they decided to take for the game.
Great but it doesn't mean our feedback is still not taken into account i am sure the final say is to the big cheeses.

you can always invest significant money into the developers and have them make it more like the way you want.
If i was as rich as this fellow the game could end up far worse so its a good thing i am not :p
1616451903314.gif

why is it an issue with it being predominately waifus? Are you on some soapbox mission for muh ekwalertee or something?
I like to play as a male human character and even an anthropomorphic character. My cousin doesn't mind playing a female or male but she prefers to play a female because that is what she prefers.

When looking at the selection there is more female skins in comparison to male skins does that mean i want female skins to be stopped no. What i am saying is i'd like to see more male skins too and the recent cyberpunk one looks great.

1616451038110.png
Soapbox i do like this kind

Mar 18, 2021
Thanks for supporting against male sexualization. especially that you pointed out sexist stuff. Men's bodies and muscles is a problem most men cant achieve these impossible looks, glad you brought it up
Don't forget, it takes far more effort and time, not to mention it being much harder for a man to achieve the "ideal male body" than it does for a woman to achieve the "ideal female body". For a man to achieve his ideal body, it's years and years of strenuous weight-lifting, muscle exercises, constantly eating correctly and cardio (if needed) - and even then he may not even achieve completely want he wanted due to genetics. However for a woman to achieve her ideal body, it's usually just mainly losing weight, eating well and light toning up in a few areas.

Sexism only ever goes one way with these people. If these people didn't have double standards then they'd have no standards at all.

SJWDoubleStandards2.jpg

Jun 21, 2017
Came over to check what's new, just to see this Anita style bullshit is still here.

Humans are sexual beings, we like looking at sexy humans. If you don't like, please exit the human race.

Plus women struggled for millennia with not being able to be sexual or be shown at all thanks to religion. Even the "good guy" religion of catholics blame women for the original sin with all its doctrine. Now that we have some freedom, here comes an idiot saying we can't be objectified and wanted like it's the feminazi inquisition.

Sorry, this stuff angers me.

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
I have a small problem with it too. But, I really have a problem with how some characters appear more tan, & then their in-game models are so pale. Not a real complaint but it does bother me a bit lol
That's a reasonable point though. Abby and Pex have a decent tan, it would be a shame if they were pale in-game. It'll depend on the skin materials they use for the models. White skin isn't particularly shiny, but a nice bronzed tan would have some sheen to it that would make the skin tone really satisfying.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Don't forget, it takes far more effort and time, not to mention it being much harder for a man to achieve the "ideal male body" than it does for a woman to achieve the "ideal female body". For a man to achieve his ideal body, it's years and years of strenuous weight-lifting, muscle exercises, constantly eating correctly and cardio (if needed) - and even then he may not even achieve completely want he wanted due to genetics. However for a woman to achieve her ideal body, it's usually just mainly losing weight, eating well and light toning up in a few areas.
That would depend on the individual's goal, their current state, and what their ideal body could be e.g.

- Body building (This takes a dedicated regime and discipline) More muscular in appearance

- Sports specific (There are different phases and maintenance on and off including their usual sports)
More Athletic than bulk to retain their agility and speed.

- Rehabilitation (This would take time too depending on the individual's injury)
Not really towards appearance but this could aid in their appearance e.g building stronger leg muscles
to walk as a results improves the definition.

etc

Abyssalrider

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Jan 26, 2017
I may vocally disagree with the skew towards waifus for the subscription rewards, but Mark has been clear from the start it would be this way because that's what gets sub numbers up. This is how business works, I can accept this because he's also stated the kind of outfits I want will primarily be the in-game reward ones. Em-8er can't get funded if Mark avoids what gets the funding it needs while still remaining true to his ethics and promises to the fanbase. So don't come here and act like he tricked anyone, he's been clear on this from the start. Saying he hasn't is just deluding yourself and trying to push your preferences on everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.