I Created a subreddit for Ember

Zoomop

Jul 28, 2016
He made it before Mark said that.

I also told him to post on the forums if he wants people to know about the Subreddit. Mark may not want one but it doesn't mean a fan run one can't be made (you know the argument they use for the discord)
Hey sorry about that do you want me to take it down if its against his wishs

P

PCMasterReece

Hey sorry about that do you want me to take it down if its against his wishs
Nah, keep it.

Even if Mark doesn't want it, it is still good to have. We also have a fan run Discord channel too that Mark doesn't want to run but it's good to keep around because we can still get news from it :)

Nakiato

Jul 26, 2016
While Mark may not want anything to do with Reddit, I think it may be a good thing for fans to still run one. There are a lot of people that only use Reddit that will be in the dark about Ember. These people will need a source of information. You can be that source! Do us proud young Reddit user, do us proud.

Jul 27, 2016
Mark said he doesn't want it specifically because moderators tend to allow targeted bandwagoning. Even if this one doesn't have a bias against the project, it still has a bias. I'd say keep it, but use it ONLY for updates or as a devtracker. Keep all conversation on the Ember forums where it belongs.

NightStroke

Base Commander
Base Commander
Jul 26, 2016
You should probably pin all the relevant things; forums, petition, indiegogo campaigns when they show up, etc.

PlzBanMe

The furry mod
Staff member
Ember Moderator
Jul 27, 2016
While Mark may not want anything to do with Reddit, I think it may be a good thing for fans to still run one. There are a lot of people that only use Reddit that will be in the dark about Ember. These people will need a source of information. You can be that source! Do us proud young Reddit user, do us proud.
He did with his last game. Voxelnauts. I had made(with lots of help from cid(you might meet him later)) sub reddit for that.
I am going to go a head and pm him the css code that was used on that sub for a basic format. He can do any changes from there.
Reddit is cancer, its a cesspool of circlejerking and censorship.
Circlejerk yes. That is why it is great but censorship no. A number of subs like to hold themselves to high standards. Just stay away from the big ones.

Last edited: