How to properly pronounce the game?

Dec 27, 2021
Absolutely ecstatic to find out theres something similar to FIrefall being made and it looks brilliant from Skubes gameplay videos. And I mean this in no offensive way I was just wondering how you're supposed to pronounce Em-8er and how the name came to be?

Thanks and hope progress is going well :) Any kind of beta would be amazing and worth paying for :3

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
Hey, thank you @Omnires and @Mahdi for helping a fellow Reaper!! :)

Hello @tidgem#3528 !!
Here is the official response about the game's name:
Why Em-8ER and not Ember?

The official capitalization is Em-8ER, and signifies the planetary designation for the world the Gatestriders have discovered. This is where the game takes place, as Reaper teams sent to plunder the world of its resources. But there the Reapers suddenly find themselves at war with the shapeshifting TsiHu xenos.

The logo combines a sci-fi feel with a wild west “revolver” theme to symbolize the Reaper frontier-ism. The Japanese katakana spells out “Em-ba” and invokes the very Japanese theme of Kaiju, or giant monsters, that the TsiHu control and use to wage war against the players.

While still pronounced “Ember,” we changed the official name to Em-8ER after other companies came out with games called “Ember” on mobile and on Steam. We wanted to avoid any confusion and carve out something unique for our own name.

We hope you agree. The logo came out pretty cool!
(Source: Grummz on the former Em-8ER Blog - Dated November 5, 2016)

Thanks and hope progress is going well :) Any kind of beta would be amazing and worth paying for :3
I thought I would offer a bit of clarification on where Em-8ER is at...

Right now, Em-8ER is in a pre-Kickstarter (or pre-pre-alpha) phase.

What this means is, it's too early to give any estimates on alphas, betas, or release dates at this time.

The current demos are developer test builds of the game.

These are the framework for the Playable Mockup (a vertical slice of the game), which will be launched just before Kickstarter. They are available for Backers and Patrons to play in!!

Grummz has not announced a specific date for the Kickstarter at this time but, the Dev Team is laser focused working on the Playable Mockup, a vertical slice of the game.

----

I hope this helps!! Please feel free to mention me here in your reply if you have more questions about Em-8ER, or you can join us on the Official Em-8ER Discord: https://discord.gg/em-8er

[A tip for anyone new to Discord - make a Discord account FIRST and then join the server. Register an account on Discord at: https://discord.com/register]

Cheers!! ~ Faeryl :cool: