How Did Everyone Find Out About Ember?

Discussion in 'General Ember Discussion' started by TheReaperKing, Jul 12, 2017.

1. TheReaperKing

TheReaperKing New Member

Howdy!! I'm so curious about how everyone found out about Ember. I was randomly going through my spam founder when I saw I had a message from the Firefall Forums. I checked it out and it had some broken links but just enough working ones to let me know about Ember. It looks like I missed the petition and the crowd funding campaigns, doh! I loved playing Firefall back in the day but when I tried it on Steam I did not enjoy what I found so I stopped playing it.

So again, how'd everyone happen to find out about Ember? :)

2. AdmiralStryker

AdmiralStryker Firstclaimer

The Firefall forums(a post, not a message). I feel like that's going to be a pretty common answer.

TheReaperKing likes this.
  3. TheReaperKing

TheReaperKing New Member

I wonder what about people that quit when Firefall was so drastically changed? And thank you! I'm reliving sooo much nostalgia today!!

4. AdmiralStryker

AdmiralStryker Firstclaimer

I was one of those-I was looking through the forums for a post I had made and found Em8-er. One of the best things I've found.

engjang, Faeryl and TheReaperKing like this.
  5. Mahdi

Mahdi THMPR Inbound - Gatestrider - Firstclaimer

Good friend of mine from firefall came through with info on it, I was all over it from there on my own.

6. IAmJohnGalt

IAmJohnGalt Deepscanner Em-8ER Contributor

Well I heard it through the grapevine...............

Biglulu, Wraithbane, engjang and 3 others like this.
  7. Braindome

Braindome Deepscanner

Email about credit from being a former founder

8. PIghead Elderberry

PIghead Elderberry Active Member JUMBO KAIJU SLAYER

Pure luck! Before I had any email, I for a lark peeped at the FF forums and saw references. Luckiest visit the dead old forums ever!

9. Torgue_Joey

Torgue_Joey Emberite -Death Reaper KAIJU 'SPLODER

10. Zednel

Zednel Firstclaimer - Emberite

I was searching for info around the end of july in 2016 about the future of Firefall, and the reason why they simplified it this much after its launch, when I saw the petition for Ember in the google search results.

11. Nalessa

Nalessa Active Member

I got a pm on the old forum about em-8er quite a while ago, but was busy with other stuff at that time, but I joined at the start of this year or so to just lurk a bit and see what's going on.

12. McDuff Man

McDuff Man Member

i had a urge to play firefall after a 1 year hiatus due to the game simply not working anymore with my potato pc and since i finally puckered up and bought a high-end pc i decided to see what remained of the game used to loved so much... after seeing its decrepit state i took one last walk through coral forest taking screenshots of every battleframe i owned as well as my old P-39 Cobra LGV and any landmarks i deemed worthy of remembering (most of the map...)
    i rarely ever used the FF forums so i actually happened across it by watching a few Farewell Firefall Vids until i came across one that mentioned Em-8er and all the stuff that went down between Mark Kern and Red5. (like i said, rarely ever used the Forum so this was news to me...)
    After that i happened upon the Teaser Vid for the petition, a Q&A, and the 3D art video for the Thumper. eventually it lead me to this site and here i am today, spouting my life's story in this thread at 12am...

13. Sik San

Sik San Deepscanner

I've been following Mark's Nostalrius Petition Delivery campaign on twitter. So I saw Ember's inception there :)

Duke, engjang, Faeryl and 1 other person like this.
  14. Pandagnome

Pandagnome Well-Known Member Kaiju Slayer

I opened my email and there it was with an artistic image of a lady's behind that could be aero's and the title EM8ER. Strange as it was looking closely i noticed a mech structure in the picture and this got me thinking hmm could it be that this game would have mechs?

Ever since then my detective skills had paid off thanks a bunch i am looking forward to the bike too :p

Biglulu, One, Drakin5 and 3 others like this.
  15. Drakin5

Drakin5 Active Member

I found Em8er when I was searching the FF forums for news and announcements. It showed me more at Reddit then I cross checked the info by Google then voila, I found it. It didn't took me an hour to find the Em8er website.

16. NanoTechnician

NanoTechnician Emberite - THMPR - Deepscanner

Heard Mark talking about Nostalrius; Crixa & Indigogo and the rest is history.

17. Terib.Shadow

Terib.Shadow Active Member Greeter Omni Ace

Fairly simple on my end, joined on the first couple of weeks after the discord was created by finding a steam forum thread speaking of how firefall was going down for good and there was a link to EM-8ER, so i went there and it started.

Right after, I made a steam review speaking about Firefall, the old Firefall and EM-8ER, it got a good 145 ratings with 132 upvotes which i'm guessing equates to about 400-500 views, it brought us plenty of people, most likely a decent 40-50, including our great Torgue as he mentioned above.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  18. Nubilus

Nubilus Gatestrider Base Commander

I think it was that review by @Terib.Shadow that brought me here...
    I was looking on FF's steam page if it was still up because I had some issues starting it. That's where I found Teribs review and here I am.

19. TheReaperKing

TheReaperKing New Member

Wow this is fascinating. It seems like everyone found out a little differently though the Firefall forums being the main one.