How are Kaiju made?

Aug 14, 2016
I had the random thought today of how Kaiju are made? Like are they grown in a lab or are they born? Do kaiju lay eggs, and if so what kind of eggs? And so I started to think of all different animals in real life that reproduce in some extreme ways. Here are a few examples.

So if kaiju are born, how do think they are born? Are they really small at birth or are they giant? Are they weak and kind of helpless at birth or are they born with all their weapons and armor able fight as soon as they learn how to stand on their feet? Do the parent(s) survive to see them be born and grow or do the parent(s) die after they reproduce?

And if kaiju are made in a lab, how are they made?

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
"By slow arts of cruelty were they corrupted and enslaved; and thus did the Tsi-hu breed the hideous race of the Kaiju in envy and mockery of the Elves, of whom they were afterwards the bitterest foes."
- J.R. Tolkein

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Maybe some kaiju's are born like a tadpole living under the frozen layer of Em8er. Once they develop the surface begins to crack and they emerge to the surface more developed. Depending on the area they are located would give their properties.

E.g. Near the Volcanic region they would have fire properties

Lets say once they are on Em8er exploring they are curious and with no one they see all as threats.
Some capture these beasts when they are young so that they can control them with more success.

Others have escaped into the harsh regions where they roam free with no control from others with other kaiju's nearby. These kaiju's could be extremely old since these areas are so far and unoccupied.

The Experiments done to the kaiju when young could accelerate the development to the next stage turning them into beasts of war. For them to harness the beast for themselves involved many experimental procedures until the breakthrough.

Perhaps we could see many variations of kaiju and those who did not make it in chambers in the underground secret lairs or in some undiscovered Gate hmm.

I also like the idea of a parasitic worm like in the strain where it takes a host and changes them within hmm

But having an egg is great too i could imagine a firey egg, there is a mother kaiju of fire who lives inside the volcano but some eggs could fire out of the volcano when it erupts where it lands somewhere.

Eventually egg cracks and you think an egg would have 1 kaiju but this egg opens up a dozen firey micro Kaiju's with bellies that glow bright they would roar and all move together as a pack linked by the fiery energy.

The mother could make an appearance but she never dies she just goes back inside the volcano to rest she just get very hot tempered sometimes i guess!

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2016
maybe when a papa kaju really loves a lady kaju and actually survives the mating dance proving his strength to his potential partner they then schedule a visit at the local Tsi-hu fertility clinic where the child is born because there is no way in hell a female Kaju is going to lay down when there is still a war to win.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
maybe when a papa kaju really loves a lady kaju and actually survives the mating dance proving his strength to his potential partner they then schedule a visit at the local Tsi-hu fertility clinic where the child is born because there is no way in hell a female Kaju is going to lay down when there is still a war to win.
But what if the female has hypnotic death stare that makes the male kaiju think ah oh back to work !

What if she uses rocks and eggs as weapons like this

and what if the female lures the males to her warm lair and accidentally.... nudge, oops it appears they are in the lava pit oh :O

Aug 14, 2016
Here are some more examples of how kaiju can be born naturally.
How about a kaiju that carries all its babies on it's back inside a protective layer of skin/armor

Also anyone who is into things like monster movies or sci-fi have at one point or another seen a being that can hold a small army of smaller beings in it's mouth and can spit them. That ability was not made up, most of the best monsters and/or aliens you'll find in movies and other media often have some parts of their body and/or behavior based on real life animals and bugs.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
When a mommy Kaiju and Daddy Kaiju love each other very very much they.... Ok I will stop now xD
they whisper secrets to each other and sometimes they make weird sounds which is encrypted communications

This has led to confusion of exotic chicken song!

How about a kaiju that carries all its babies on it's back inside a protective layer of skin/armor
yes and it would fire out like this especially when the high pressure gas shoots out of the back of a kaiju. Then releasing the babies in acrobatic style and if the kaiju slams the ground before it did this would be interesting!

anyone who is into things like monster movies or sci-fi have at one point or another seen a being that can hold a small army of smaller beings in it's mouth and can spit them
could they fire them out like this

Aug 14, 2016
Remember this is a real thing.

There are a lot of creatures that kill their mate(s) or almost kill them in the act of mating. As far as nature is concerned as long as the birth rate is slightly higher than the death rate than all is good. It is things like this that was part of the reason why I asked do the kaiju parents even survive.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Remember this is a real thing.

There are a lot of creatures that kill their mate(s) or almost kill them in the act of mating. As far as nature is concerned as long as the birth rate is slightly higher than the death rate than all is good. It is things like this that was part of the reason why I asked do the kaiju parents even survive.

I am glad bruce escaped phew!

Aug 14, 2016
What about having kaiju crossbreeds that are more deadly and dangerous than their pure blooded parents? For example, in myths to make a basilisk you need have bird hatch a egg of a snake or lizard, and if you want to make cockatrice you need to have snake or lizard hatch a egg of a bird (namely a chicken). We could also have some kaiju like that. Where if a kaiju of a different species hatches the egg(s) of another kaiju some of it's abilities will be added to the baby but pushed to one extreme or another.

Here is a video about cockatrice and basilisk for the people who don't know what those monsters are.

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
What about having kaiju crossbreeds that are more deadly and dangerous than their pure blooded parents? For example, in myths to make a basilisk you need have bird hatch a egg of a snake or lizard, and if you want to make cockatrice you need to have snake or lizard hatch a egg of a bird (namely a chicken). We could also have some kaiju like that. Where if a kaiju of a different species hatches the egg(s) of another kaiju some of it's abilities will be added to the baby but pushed to one extreme or another.

Here is a video about cockatrice and basilisk for the people who don't know what those monsters are.
While I realize this is a game, I really do hope there is a *little* bit of realism here...in spite of what Star Trek claims, different species cannot actually have offspring together. Sorry Spock.

Aug 14, 2016
While I realize this is a game, I really do hope there is a *little* bit of realism here...in spite of what Star Trek claims, different species cannot actually have offspring together. Sorry Spock.
But we can have hybrid animals right. Because I really do kind of want a pet liger in the game.

For the people who don't know ligers and tigon are real hybrid animals. They are offspring of lions and tigers. Ligers have a lion father and tiger mother, while tigons have a tiger father and lion mother.

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
But we can have hybrid animals right. Because I really do kind of want a pet liger in the game.

For the people who don't know ligers and tigon are real hybrid animals. They are offspring of lions and tigers. Ligers have a lion father and tiger mother, while tigons have a tiger father and lion mother.
Yes animals like ligers and tigon's and donkeys exist, but they are from animals who are almost genetically identical, and even then they are sterile. It is NOT possible to cross a bird and a snake, or even a human and a chimp (which are also nearly identical genetically). Even minor genetic differences render such things impossible. And yes I realize that we can just wave the "it's the future" hand but ehhhhh genetics are still genetics even in the future.

I think a more realistic and perfectly viable solution would be to say that special Kaiju are artificially created in a lab which are genetically modified from their original species. This could actually play into the story because Reapers could hunt down Tsi-hu labs and destroy them so as to stop or slow (at least temporarily) specific extra dangerous Kaiju from appearing in world.

This could also play into super base attacks, a warning could go out that such and such a lab is designing a unique Cat4 or Cat5 Kaiju and a countdown (say 1 week) would show up somewhere giving us warning that we need to destroy some Tsi-hu facility or else a monstrous Kaiju will appear and wreak havoc on the Reapers. These bases could fill in the role of raid instances in traditional MMO's. Extremely difficult content requiring whole armies of well equipped well trained reapers. And destroying the base would reward significant high tier resources beyond what simply killing the Kaiju would have provided.