Hi im a closed beta tester from circa 2012, should I pay attention to Ember.

Feb 8, 2017
Just as it says on the tin, i was a closed beta tester for firefall from circa late 2012, just after the pvp patch, and imho that was the golden age of firefall the 2012/2013 era, just before that patch that changed everything and quite frankly ruined the game (shortly after mark left)

From what i can tell from reading about this game, this is the game i originally loved, and the game i enjoyed so much i dropped dolla dolla on the commanders pack, only in a pure raw form, if its absolutely anything like those "early" closed beta days id love to know.

Because if it is, Not only would i be more than happy to play the game, hell id drop cash on a founders pack all over again if it was made available, dont screw it up this time haha.

And just on the off chance that even one of you guys are from the baltic wolves or the british army or the clan I ran DØTF and remember me, im thedragonfiend, fat chance but better to throw out the line and see if it catches right haha, I mean firefall was more fun in a group eh id assume ember is like that too.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Hello closed beta tester Mrteatime i can imagine within those mechs teaming up is going to be another level of fun in em8er!
i can imagine the A.I with its own customized voice greeting its owner as the pilot hops in and moves on. Then having to jump out and doing a mission or gathering stuff etc so your team mates would have to cover until you got back in the mech to the next destination etc etc

That's how i am imagining it

Feb 8, 2017
Hello closed beta tester Mrteatime i can imagine within those mechs teaming up is going to be another level of fun in em8er!
i can imagine the A.I with its own customized voice greeting its owner as the pilot hops in and moves on. Then having to jump out and doing a mission or gathering stuff etc so your team mates would have to cover until you got back in the mech to the next destination etc etc

That's how i am imagining it
Hopefully it lives up to our expectations haha.

Feb 8, 2017
Early to tell but we all hope/expect that.
Yeah when i wrote this i was under the impression that they had already got a fair way into development.

Not used to companies announcing something before they have started working on it, refreshing to say the least.

Dreamin

Base Commander
Base Commander
Dec 4, 2016
PNW
IMO
Expecting even anything that has been released to date to exist at pre-closed release may be working yourself up a bit in haste. +1 g0rki
Just keep in mind the journey we took then was unique, this is not supposed to be a copy of that.

This journey is just starting, it is going to be different. It's intended to be better.

Follow the development; contribute if you choose when the opportunity arises, and ... one great way to influence the outcome is to be part of the base.
-1 Dreamin

flyinhigh

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I certainly hope so. I'm from your era and was so in love with what the game was becoming. FF was supposed to be the savior and when it started its path to crap was a heartbreak.

I think you absolutely need to pay attention. This will be the final realization of what we hoped for.

Feb 20, 2017
i cired inside myself for a very long time when the game went to utter garbage and i may have gone in to a gaming depression because of firefall flopping after mark left it so much that the only thing to play at the times was warframe and guildwars 2
firefall in beta holds a spacial place in my heart so much to the fact i made 2 acounts one during closed beta and one during the play for 3 free weeked in 2014 to see if the new player experiance was better than my old founder accounts to which its been so long i lost my info and i think i still used a yahoo email at the time XD needles to say that acount is long gone but i have a heavy strong fealing about ember since mark is here helping ti along i hope it beats black dessert and gw2 and warframe for the the top mmo slot :D

Feb 27, 2018
Texas
Hi, I'm another 2013-era former FIrefall player. I have played the other games that try to capture a piece of what 2013 FF had, and I have watched the old FF community slowly revive and center themselves around this project. I can tell you it's because we believe that here is our best chance of getting the game we all hoped FF was going to be. I can tell you that Firefall was ahead of its time, and when the driving vision for the game was lost, the devs fell into the traps of other popular MMOs of the time. But really, this new vision could be the last chance for people to experience the kind of epic gameplay and atmosphere that FF had, and so even if people don't believe it will work, there's nowhere else to look.