Help me Welcome the new Community Manager!

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
Greetings Reapers, Gatestriders, and assorted Emberites.

Today is a day of change. For the past six years I have had the honor of being your community manager. From the earliest days of the forums to the staggering highs of the Indiegogo's to the wild responses of various builds. Even though my long career in this field goes back far more than a decade, it my years among this community that has felt the most like home. For those who know what my days look like at this point in my career, they know that Em-8er is what I get to do after my day job is done. It's the part I look forward to after dealing with massive clients, corporate complexities, and the madhouse of political PR. So much of what we do in life is because we have to do it, I am here with this community because I want to be. You guys are the best. This community of staff members, developers, backers and members. Each and every one of you means the world to me, no matter what strange moments might pop up. Yet, nothing stays the same forever. All things change, all things end, and all must make way for new beginnings. So it is time me to announce that, as of tomorrow, I will no longer be your community manager.

Because I'm moving up to Director of marketing and Community here at Crixa! YEAH that's right! This new position allows me to turn my focus to the larger picture, and delve into some of the aspects of Em-8er's brand that have yet to be fully explored. So what does that mean? What does that look like? Wait and see! Things are coming down the pipe. Prepare thyself!

Who will be taking up the mantle of Community manager? The answer to that should be quite obvious.

Welcome @Faeryl , your new community manager.

Yes! The former greeter turned community coordinator herself. She has been by my side for so many years, helping to build this place from a seedling community to the thousands we have to day. She cares, truly cares, so much about this place. I could not be more proud to see how she has grown over this time. I could not be more content, knowing that everything will be in good hands.

And with that I'm off! There are worlds to conquer. I'll see you all on the other side.

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
Thank you so much to everyone!!

I am truly honored to carry on in the position Ronyn started of Community Manager here in Em-8ER. He is absolutely right, I do care very much about this community!! I want Em-8ER to succeed!!

We have so many different people here and one of the BEST parts is how we all interact finding common ground on things we like such as playing in the dev builds, games, music, crafts, food, and even the weather!! :)

@Ronyn :
I am proud to know you, you are a great teacher and a great friend!! I hope I make you and Grummz both proud as the Em-8ER Community Manager!! I wish you ALL the success and Godspeed in your next endeavor!! :cool:

~ Faeryl, Em-8ER Community Manager