Hello World

freakbyte

Firstclaimer
Jun 24, 2017
Hello World

I'm a patient, self-taught programmer with 13+ years of experience as a freelancer/hobbyist.

For as long as I can remember I've always loved making (and breaking) things.
I started out making websites for friends and family when I was young,
but my interests have slowly shifted towards hardware/software development.

I consider myself a very well-rounded programmer and have done a wide variety of tasks over the years.
  • created large scale logistics systems
  • made and maintained websites
  • designed hardware with accompanying software
  • created various game mods (some for firefall)
  • made mobile applications
  • maintained both linux and windows servers
  • reverse engineered both hardware and software (binaries, data structures, protocols)
  • ...among other things.
I don't feel like giving too much details, for privacy reasons.

These are the languages and technologies I know well:
C#, Lua, PHP, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Node.js, jQuery, SQL, MySQL/MariaDB, MongoDB.

I also feel comfortable working with Unity, Java, C, C++ and basic ASM.

When it comes to version control, I've always preferred GitHub,
but I'm also familiar with other git flavours like GitLab and Bitbucket.

I'm not looking for a job (not atm anyways), but I'd be willing to lend a hand if you need it :)

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Hello Freakbyte somewhere in the world

That is an impressive amount of dedicated time to understand all those technology languages!
To me it is like a foreign language and have to keep going back to wiki or youtube just to understand what it is :O

Yes too much info isn't really necessary and privacy is certainly important i feel.

Have heard of github onetime thought it was for annoying people to hang out as if to say someone was a little git but was clearly corrected sometime ago hmm

Ah could you give me some assistance in my Em8er fansite please, i am still relatively new to it but have tried to get it working smoothly. When i checked it on a mobile testing site it said it wasn't really mobile friendly ;/ perhaps i have missed or overlooked something :confused:

freakbyte

Firstclaimer
Jun 24, 2017
Programming has been my only real hobby, never felt like i needed to dedicate myself to anything. It's been what I've wanted to do in my sparetime :) Most programming languages are quite similar, so much of what you learn in one language is transferable to the others. It's more about the mindset and getting to the point where you understand what is going on in the background. The syntax and the tools you are provided with in a spesific language is for the most part just icing on the cake imo.

Sure, I'll try help you get that sorted out.
Hit me up on discord :)

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Its really great that you enjoy programming, guess programmers are like the gods of technology creating things and making things come alive!

You make it sound so simple :D but suppose its true about the mindset and understanding what is going on behind all that flow of information :O also a lot of patience as i am sure you have a lot more than myself :D

Speaking of cake my main hobby is riding around and keeping healthy and eating if that is a hobby i consider eating a hobby!!

My only issue is discord is not working for me properly i can login but see no conversations or icon images :S Never had this issue with windows 7 but when started using windows 10 it was issue after issue and half my games do not work because of some issue oh and to top that steam doesn't work properly either :O blaaaagh

Krhys

Commander
Jul 26, 2016
After getting some needed help from Freakbyte the little fan site is getting more colour inspired by this neat forum!

i am liking it so far but what else could i add to it hmm what do you think?

https://mechadrive.com/
Your fansite is looking really good Pandagnome! Only thing it's missing is the link to take you to the actual game...

As for skillz, I'm a Business Intelligence Developer, end-to-end using the Microsoft BI Stack (if that means anything to the flashy programmers out there). Happy to knock up an equipment database for the game or perhaps design any future reporting requirements.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Thanks Krhys i am getting fantastic help with this fan site really happy with it so far hope to improve it a little each time.

Business intelligence developer sounds very important like a secret agent for business!

Equipment data base for the game would be nice to see what is being used and then players can experiment with hardly used equipment in game, its a good talking point for those who like to create unique builds/setups i guess too.

Reporting requirements is that for the bugs and analyzing hardware used?

Krhys

Commander
Jul 26, 2016
Reporting would present any stats on the game - log ins per day, new joiners per month, average log on time. If data is stored, it can be reported on.

Trend analyses over time is vital too, to see if you are increasing or decreasing your player base every month, etc. so you can make decisions on whether you need to do some sort of marketting or promotions. This is just a small example!

Given enough data over a long duration will enable you to even predict what is coming in future months and aim off for those as well.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
wow never knew how much there was to this, but it makes me think it is valuable and useful on what things are working and whats not!

Given enough data over a long duration will enable you to even predict what is coming in future months and aim off for those as well.
1538651941576.jpeg